The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Red face Beautiful Grey Pasture Puff needs a new home! PA area **Placed***

"Timex" is ironically running out of time!!!

He is a lovely 16+ hand Irish Gelding. (I am told) 14 years old and a perfect babysitter. He has been turned out with donkeys, pregnant mares, geldings, ponies and so on!!

He is a very easy keeper and I think he's awesome. AS far as rideability I have never been around him being ridden. He was retired with a hind fetlock injury 5 years ago and has been living on the back hillside since.

The word I have heard is that he could be nutty when he was ridden before. I can make no claims as to his suitability other than as a babysitter. And for that he is the best.

Please PM or email soon. I have 2 weeks to find him a home then the owners are going to put him down. (Better option than going to slaughter)

Thanks for your help on this!!

~Emily
    Last edited by Xctrygirl; Oct. 29, 2008 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Placed
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

Thumbs up Thumbs up for Timex

This is definitely a sweet guy! Would make anyone the perfect companion.

"Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

Guys,

Timex is still available. Please do consider this great guy.

I have tried not to wave the "New Holland" or "Euthanasia" flags to incite false interest, but the facts remain, if we can't find him a home they will put him to sleep.

Please send this along and see if you know anyone needing a companion horse.

~Emily

After five years, why are they getting rid of him now?

Sucky economy, higher costs, tighter budget.

We have 16 on the farm and they want to reduce to 12.

3 for sale and this guy needs to either find a new home or be put down

~Emily

zhuxiaonuan Guest

can not see pics

zhuxiaonuan Guest

I really really do wish I had the funds to afford a pasture pal! I'd take this handsome fella on in a New York Minute!!

I'll keep him in my prayers that he finds a home. (((((HUGS)))))

~Kerri & Pete
    Chronicle of My Horse
    Secret Passage Ranch
    **a member of the
    Riders with Fibromyalgia & Adult Re-riders Clique

I commend the owners willingness to take the responsibility to put him down instead of sending him to New Holland if he has no takers.

I sent a PM. I am seriously considering saving this horse and would like additional information on him.
    Thank you!

Hope you found this guy a home!
    When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change.

BringMaxHome.com

No home yet. Still working on it!!

Shirland, sent you a pm also!!

~Emily

Default He is Safe!

Thanks to the wonderful and amazing horsewoman Emily, Timex is now mine and will be safe and sound forever.

Default God Bless you both

Thank you Emily and Shirland Farm!
    "I was walking through the woods, thinking about Christ. If He was a carpenter, I wondered what He charged for bookshelves."

Such great news! Congrats to Shirland and to Emily for making it possible.

Wink

I gotta say, this has been a really satisfying experience, even through the tough middle part of time where I really thought I wouldn't be able to save him.

Today we, Alexis and I, put a halter on Timex and saddled up the 4 wheeler. Timex is not a stranger to this routine, he walked and trotted willingly behind the loud machine as we led him from our farm, to the neighboring retirement farm where he has spent many winters. Only this time what he'll never know is that this trip was truly a trip of salvation.

This time he arrived at the farm next door owned by someone who has given him the gift of a long life. Now to be fair he never knew that his owner was ready and willing to put him down. But now he hopefully will never have to know of any option other than a long and fruitful life.

Funny as we went down the road he nickered as he past the last of the farm horses and then was quiet as we went the .5 miles where no horses can be seen. But just as quickly once he could see the pastures of the retirement farm he was nickering again. Realizing he was at his winter home. As we rolled up the driveway he was greeted by the 4 sicilian donkeys and greeted by many happy brays. As an added gift, he donned a Rambo turnout rug before joining the herd. He probably hasn't worn a blanket in a few years, but he'd been inside for 2 days babysitting a filly and the weather was God awful. Not the best day to chuck a horse from inside a warm barn to out in 40 mph winds and 32 degrees tonight. I figured this was only fair.

I gave him kisses and played with him and as I pat him I told him, "you don't know it, but I just saved your life."

I cried. Simply because it was true and right then.... I got it.

Thanks to everyone, most assuredly to Shirland who has received and given the best early Xmas gift ever.

~Emily