The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Exclamation URGENT! 9 yr old TB Gelding must find home by end of month or will be euthanized!

Need to find a home for a 9 year old TB gelding ASAP. Owner's health situation has made her completely unable to continue to care for him and if he does not find a home by the end of the month, he will be euthanized. The horse has been offered to me, but I have 4 and cannot financially take him either.

He is 15.2, bay with a star and has been evented Novice. He is UTD on shots, worming & does have a current Coggins. He is currently barefoot, but sound. He just has not been ridden for well over a year because of the owner's health.

This horse is in the Rochester, NY area, but we can get him to NoVa for free the 1st of November. Please contact me ASAP for more info.

This is a tragic situation, which I hope one of you can help remedy. If I had a barn of my own, I would, but unfortunately...
    "Socrates was a very wise man who went around giving good advice. They poisoned him." Anonymous...

I sent you a PM

Thanks to ALL of you who have responded to this call for help with such open hearts! Either I or a member of the owner's family will be in touch either by phone or email shortly to give you all the details you need!
    "Socrates was a very wise man who went around giving good advice. They poisoned him." Anonymous...

I've sent this posting to a bunch of friends in the Buffalo and Rochester areas, hopefully we can find him a fantastic home!

Smile Thanks To All!

Thanks to all the Coth'ers who have responded with such HUGE hearts! Who've contacted me, who've passed this message along and who've kept this horse in their prayers.

I do think we've found a placement for him. He will be coming here to NoVa on the 1st and then transiting to his new home.

You guys have helped do a wonderful thing!

Glad you found a good home for him.