Default Loving dog needs loving home!

A found the sweetest little guy in the alley yesterday. He is very loving and desperately wants to be someone’s favorite pet. He is a pit bull terrier, between two and three years old, buff with a white mark on his belly and black eyeliner. He is incredibly friendly with people and has shown no dog aggression; but we do feel he would be best as an only dog. We are working on obedience and housetraining, and he is learning fast.

He was abused, but has received medical treatment and still trusts people; he is not neutered but I will be getting that done this week. Free to good home - please find room in your heart for this friendly guy!

I can't keep him because I have three dogs already. For more information on dog contact: Jennifer Bevan-Dangel, 410-303-7954, jbevandangel@yahoo.com.

I can't help with this guy....like the OP I already have three dogs....but I just wanted to give him a bump. For folks who see the words "pit bull" and cringe, please don't. They are wonderful, loving dogs who thrive with attention, obedience training and a family to love.

Thanks to the OP for taking him in, getting him healthy, and finding him a home.

Gosh - I just found a stray pit/lab mix puupy (at least I think she is a mix) an dhave been working with her as well. I also have 3 dogs and just can't keep her - what a coincidence!

Best of luck finding yours a home. I am so worried about finding the right home for the little girl I found - getting very attached, but she's got to go..... Breaking my heart!

Default Thanks for the support!

Husband gave me three weeks to foster him and find a new home - and that is also dependent on being able to cohabitate somewhat with the dogs I have. I am worried about finding a home for a pit - the reputation is not good. So, if anyone could even foster him - with some financial support from me - please consider it!

I'll post an update if he gets along okay with the other dogs (trust me, I am going to be VERY careful with this situation, and have gotten advise from a pit rescue group on how to 'test the waters').

He is a super sweet little guy and deserves a better break in life. Thanks for the moral support and good luck with your own rescues!

Great Oak Farm Guest

Contact your local humane societies and see if they can get you a "courtesy listing" on a Petfinder's site. I don't think I'd mention the Pit part. I love Pits personally but there's a lot of prejudice against them. Besides, you don't know the breeding for sure!

Good luck! I currently have a Harrier and a shepherd/lab mix I rescued & hope to rehome, along with my own zillion dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Great Oak Farm View Post
    Contact your local humane societies and see if they can get you a "courtesy listing" on a Petfinder's site. I don't think I'd mention the Pit part. I love Pits personally but there's a lot of prejudice against them. Besides, you don't know the breeding for sure!
    I'd advise strongly against this. It would make you appear either dishonest or ignorant to ignore the pit bull issue while trying to rehome the dog. The various challenges in owning a pit bull constitute an important issue which the owners will have to deal with for the dog's life, not an inconvenient blip in getting the dog a new family. And considering the sheer number of pits around, the odds are that if the OP calls the dog a 'pit bull' it probably has a pretty obvious pit bull appearance and is very likely a pit bull. It does no one any favors to call the dog a lab mix and shrug off the responsibility.