The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 2 free rideable geldings, 1 TB and 1 Arabian

I have 2 friends looking for homes for their teenage geldings.

1st is bay Tb., I believe about 16.2 He's done hunters (3ft-3'3"), although not always successfully, his whole life. I'll have to ask again, but I believe he's 17 or 18yrs old. He has no soundness issues that I'm aware of. He can get very nervous at shows, so owner prefers that he go to a non-jumping home. He may even be able to do lower level dressage, as I don't think it's really showing that makes him nervous, but jumping has gotten worse. Should be fine for trail riding, and is also fine for companion horse.

2nd is 14yr old Arabian. He is very attractive grey (now white!), straight egyptian, 15.1h. He's had a mild hind suspensory injury, but is going sound. Has done an endurance race and lots of trail rides, but is spooky. I've ridden this one several times and not had any problem with him, but his owner is timid and has gotten more so since having 2 back surgeries! He may also be a candidate for lower level dressage as he's a very good mover. Also good as a companion horse. This owner wants to do a free lease until she's certain he has a good home, so he will probably have to stay in the north TX area.

PM me if interested and I'll put you in touch with the owners.
    Lisa
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

Sent you a pm. Or e-mail me at txpiaffe@aol.com. Thanks!