The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Looking for middle aged horse near or in NC

I am looking for a safe horse for my dad to ride with me on trails. I would like the horse to be around 16hands and have a big or stalky frame, have GOOD ground manners, relatively easy keeper, doesnt spook and is willing to cross anything, would also like the horse to have some lower jumping and dressage training but that is not required, mare or gelding doesnt matter, up to date on shots currently, sound for w/t/c, less than 15 yrs of age preferably around 8 or 10. If you have a horse that is simliar to these traits please contact me or if you know of someone who does. you can also email me at LEW1025@ecu.edu Thank you

Default bump

bump

Does your dad have any riding experience. I have a couple of horses but neither will do well in a western saddle and neither would handle a total beginner. Very trail trusty and both have other training. Drop me a pm and we discuss.

yes he has been riding my horse ....he could probably ride english if i had a saddle to fit hit him and once he got more balance....once i find a horse i probably wont put him on it right away i will probably let him ride my horse and i will work with the other horse and when he does ride the new horse at first i will be on the ground with him

So i talked to my dad and he doesnt really want to ride english are any of your horses western trained or could be trained to ride western