The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 2010 WEG hotels

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or recommendations for hotels near the games. We will only be there for the dressage portion.

Hotels in Georgetown are the closest to the park..one exit north can be there in 5 minutes.
    Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive. Dalai Lama

Also, there are a few on Newtown Pike, that are around 5 minutes to the park. That's the road I take every day going to the Horse Park, and the Sheraton Four Points there is very nice (and not too expensive!)
    Worry, doubt, fear and despair are the enemies which slowly bring us down to the ground and turn us to dust before we die.

~ Douglas MacArthur

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Princess View Post
    Also, there are a few on Newtown Pike, that are around 5 minutes to the park. That's the road I take every day going to the Horse Park, and the Sheraton Four Points there is very nice (and not too expensive!)
    what is nice about Georgetown is we have more restaurants then newton pike, either way is good but I think Georgetown is cheaper at least they are durning normal hunter/jumper shows..
    Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive. Dalai Lama

Hampton Inn Lexington/Georgetown - www.hamptoninn.com - (502) 867-4888

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - www.marriott.com - (502) 868-9955 - 10 reviews

Best Western Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel - www.bestwesternkentucky.com - (502) 868-0055 -

Country Inn and Suites of Georgetown - www.countryinns.com - (502) 868-7532

Comfort Suites - www.comfortsuites.com - (502) 868-9500

Quality Inn - www.qualityinn.com - (502) 867-1648

A new holiday inn express is almost built...I think we have a super 8 and a couple more low end motels...You don't want to stay at the econo lodge although I would think it would be cheap.

Yep, Ridgeback, you're probably right, I haven't lived in KY long enough to do a lot of exploration though, so my knowledge is limited to the lexington area and newtown pike/iron works haha.
    Worry, doubt, fear and despair are the enemies which slowly bring us down to the ground and turn us to dust before we die.

~ Douglas MacArthur

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Princess View Post
    Yep, Ridgeback, you're probably right, I haven't lived in KY long enough to do a lot of exploration though, so my knowledge is limited to the lexington area and newtown pike/iron works haha.

Both newton and GT are the closest to the horse park...Do you go to the hunter/jumper shows?

Occasionally. Usually would walk over to them during the day when I was on lunch break, but now that its cold and most shows are over, I'm not. I also try not to go too much because one gets sick of seeing the horse park 5 days a week and don't really want to go see it on the weekend unless there is something really fun going on.

I live on the north side of Lexington, so that's why I'm primarily speaking about Newtown.

~ Douglas MacArthur

lindasp62
    Founder & Donor/Account Advisor
    Brennan Equine Welfare Fund
    http://www.brennanequinewelfarefund.com/index.html

Craigs list for local downtown stuff especially. You'll probably find a better deal.
    Kelly
    It is rare to see a rider who is truly passionate about the horse and his training, taking a profound interest in dressage with self-abnegation, and making this extraordinarily subtle work one of the dominant motivations of his life.\"

FYI There will be NO parking at KHP. Zero, zip, nada. So wherever you stay you will be taking a shuttle.

Default South Point Hotel

Has anyone stayed at the host hotel South Point? Per mapquest it's 15minutes away and the rates seem reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Passage2 View Post
    Has anyone stayed at the host hotel South Point? Per mapquest it's 15minutes away and the rates seem reasonable.
    Never heard of it do you know where it's located?

Default Passage2

Passage2: They were talking about places to stay at the World Equestrian Games. Not the World Cup in Vegas.

But I can answer your question about the South Point. I stayed there in 2007. It is a very nice place. My room was big and very clean. They wanted $15 a day if you requested a refrigerator. At the time I stayed there, they had a shuttle bus that went to the Mandalay Bay so you could go to the strip. They are discontinuing that. Las Vegas Events told me that they would be running a shuttle from South Point to the event. But if you want to go anywhere else, you have to 1) get a taxi, 2) take the public transportation, The Deuce, which makes multiple stops, 3) rent a car.

There will be an international Arabian horse show going on at the South Point at the same time as the world cup. If you keep an eye on this web site, you can find out what their hotel discount is and then compare it to any other discounts you can get (like AAA). http://www.arabianbreedersworldcup.com/

Trip Advisor is your friend. I am thinking about staying at The Desert Rose Resort (it's nongaming) and has gotten excellent reviews. It is close to the MGM and you can pick up their shuttle to the T&M.

http://las-vegas-hotels.tripadvisor....da-Hotels.html
    Last edited by Joanne; Oct. 19, 2008 at 05:34 PM.