The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Every time this thread pops up, I think, I've got to order a pair of leathers from this guy.

The pics with the horseshoe stamp have finally sealed the deal!

I love mine, but if I had it to do over again, I would get two different stamps on the leathers, because the one on the left side always stretches out more from mounting. It would have been nice to have that little reminder to switch them once in a while.

Other than that, they are lovely and he was a pleasure to deal with.
    2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHorseProblem View Post
    I love mine, but if I had it to do over again, I would get two different stamps on the leathers, because the one on the left side always stretches out more from mounting. It would have been nice to have that little reminder to switch them once in a while.

Other than that, they are lovely and he was a pleasure to deal with.
    That's an awesome idea... I don't know why I never thought of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Budrow View Post
    Is this a veiled advertisement for this guy?
    Nope. Never met the man. Just sharing good info with the COTH masses and keeping a nice man in business. Just like we share any bargains we find out there
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Nope, not veiled, out in the open, veil-free! The man's work is just beautiful!

Just got an email that my stuff is on its way and I'll be sure to post pictures! I am so excited!!!!

What I also like is, you can say "hey, can you create something like this" - send him a picture and he says "sure" - its half the price, and its not made in India.

Just got my first pair of leathers from Gary! They are beautiful. I started by ordering a pair for my trainer for Christmas and decided to get myself a pair too. I took other's advice and put my trainer's initials on them but had Gary put a K on one leather and an M on the other so she can remember to switch the leathers. He also included a very nice leather coaster with my name on it.

Does he offer wrapped leathers? I need wrapped leathers for my saddle, but would MUCH prefer buying from someone like Gary rather than sending my money to a larger dealer.

I have three pair!!! Gary was AWESOME to work with, I have a tiny 7 yr old and most leathers on the market were twice as tall as she is!! Gary took her height and weight and made her a perfect pair, then did it all over again for my 3 yr old and her lead line saddle!!! I have a pair on the saddle that I teach lessons in as well and all are wearing well, not stretching and match each saddle perfectly!! Gary was quick, professional and very very reasonably priced! I will never buy leathers from anywhere else again!
    Every once in a while you come across someone who is EXCEPTIONAL at their job, Gary is just that person!
    Kim
    If you are lucky enough to ride, you are lucky enough.

Has anyone ordered his dressage stirrup leathers? With the conway buckle? I'd love to see a picture of this if someone has them! I'm looking for stirrup leathers to reduce bulk and I ordered some regular stirrup leathers from him in the past and LOVED them!

OK, are these leathers OK to use on an Antares saddle? Calfskin seat, but grain panel, so they won't get scratched, right? Just want to make sure before I go order some, since the Prestige set I ordered a year ago is already showing their nylon. Haven't stretched, but leather worn through already.

TIA!

I got mine today! Great half-holes that go way up towards the buckle for (ahem) short riders, and a pretty little flower on the end. And he also sent a really nice key tag with my name on it!

I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

I didn't read through all the posts but here is his website http://www.rtccom.net/~gleather/#Products he is great to work with. I ordered mine this summer and I love the,!
    ~Soft hands, Strong legs, Quiet mind~

Just to seal the deal with anyone on the fence about his stuff, here's a link to a thread of items I ordered for Christmas.

http://chronofhorse.com/forum/showth...ght=gary+mundy

The puppy ended up chewing up her collar (I left it on when she was crated, stupid me) and when I asked him to make me another one, he made it free and shipped it free (I ended up sending him the money anyway, he does not make enough of a profit on this stuff for me to accept it for nothing).

The new collar is even better and is taken care of very lovingly.

<>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

I'm so glad I found this thread!! I got Courbette leathers to go with the Courbette saddle, but after replacing said saddle with a used Harry Dabbs I kept the leathers since I already had them.

Oops. Those leathers are tearing the heck out of my saddle. Courbette is in my bottom three, brand-wise, for tack right now.

I can't WAIT to order leathers!! Oh, money, please grow on trees...

Thank you everyone who posted pictures! That really helped seal the deal on ordering from him!

For those of you who have Gary's leathers, did you order the 1" or 1 1/8" width? What are benefits to ordering wider leathers?

How does Gary only have 18 likes on Facebook? Come on loyal followers!

So far Gary's made me 6 belts, a coaster, key fob, several cat collars, dog collars, and a bunch of dog leashes. Everything is fabulous and arrives in a timely fashion.

I can't wait to order a slip leash next.

Resurrecting this thread as I am getting ready to order my first pair of Gary's leathers.

I am trying to decide between 1-inch width and 1 1/8 inch...any comments? I am going to get the stitched leathers so thought the extra width might be good, but I can't visualize it.

Also would like to see pics of the 5/8- inch hole spacing and the 1/2-inch spacing if anyone can oblige.

Resurrecting as well! Gary is still taking orders and I just ordered my first pair of oakbark nylon lined leathers. Excited and can't believe I'll have them in a week!

Does he dye his own leather? I know y'all are going to think I'm out of my mind, but I want a pink leather halter. I know, I know pink and leather don't belong in the same sentence but what can I say. I've found one place that has them, but I have several leather items I'd like to order from Gary so I thought maybe.....
    Hope Blooming- Life with Chronic Pancreatitis

My blog: Life with Pancreatitis

1 members found this post helpful.