The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default ISR/OldNA Not a LIST as a Member of the WBFSH according to that website

This is interesting to me most of the verbands are full members of the World Breeding Federation of Sport Horses (WBFSH). KWPN, Old GOV; BWP; Hanovarian; in this country both the AWR and the AWS are full members, I was surprised to see that the ISR/OldNA is NOT a member.

Some of the WBFSH members will accept stallions outside of their own registry IF the stallion is in one of the member registries.

Anyone know why ISR/OldNA is not a full member?
    Last edited by sporthorsefilly; Oct. 16, 2008 at 07:24 AM.
    http://www.herselffarm.com
    Proud of my Hunter Breeding Princesses
    "Grief is the price we all pay for love," Gretchen Jackson (1/29/07) In Memory of Barbaro

The do not/have not met the membership criteria.

What part of the criteria is lacking?
    Chris Misita
    www.hiddenvalleyfarms.net Home of Bravo and Warrick!
    To dare; progress comes at this price. All sublime conquests are, more or less, the rewards of daring.
    Victor Hugo

Just a side note, the AWR and the AWS were members well before the KWPN-na and even the current version of the Oldenburg Horse Breeders Society and quite a few of the others mentioned.

tri, that is most interesting. I have to wonder why if KWPN-NA, AWR, and AWS are members why ISR/OldNA isn't? Especially since this is a registry with many members, and many nice stallions.

Especially when there are European registries which accept outside Stallions (for a fee) whose members are WBFSH members, but would not accept a stallion who is approved ISR/OldNA. I would think that ISR/OldNA would want to be a full member of the WBFSH.
    "Grief is the price we all pay for love," Gretchen Jackson (1/29/07) In Memory of Barbaro

The ISR/OLDNA is a member of the World Breeding Federation.
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

Quote Originally Posted by ise@ssl View Post
    The ISR/OLDNA is a member of the World Breeding Federation.
    I thought so, especially when ISR/OLD NA is the most influencial of the NA registries.
    Chris Misita
    www.hiddenvalleyfarms.net Home of Bravo and Warrick!
    To dare; progress comes at this price. All sublime conquests are, more or less, the rewards of daring.
    Victor Hugo

Can anyone post the website for the World Breeding Federation?

Thanks!

thanks!

Has the website changed? I found this one before, but I remember a website with a black background and the members listed in a column on the left hand side?

Have I lost my marbles????

Question

Now I am confused. ISR claims to be a full member of wbfsh on their website: http://www.isroldenburg.org/index.ph...berships#wbfsh
    But I couldn't find them on the membership list linked to above.

You should contact ISR/OldNA to explain why their website says something else. Maybe their website is incorrect - don't know. I was told the reason some years ago, but have not paid any attention lately.

Oldenburg Horse Breeders Society is a member through the German Oldenburg Verband since they are not separately or independently incorporated like the other US registries that are members in their own name.

Default THIS THREAD IS INCORRECT

I hope that everyone who is so focused on maligning the ISR/OLDNA will READ THIS and stop posting incorrect information.

FYI - the World Breeding Federation had rebuilt their website and they are having problems with some information not being correct or complete. SO TO THE SNIPERS HERE - other registries were left off as well as the ISR/OLDNA.

ALSO FYI - the ISR/OLDNA was one of the FIRST U.S. registries to become a REGULAR (NOT ASSOCIATE) member of the World Breeding Federation.

I sincerely hope the OP will correct the title of this thread so this absolutely incorrect statement is not posted all over the internet on other Bulletin Boards.

Really sporhorsefilly - you post a title that many people will ready without reading the thread and I'm sure they are passing you INCORRECT ASSUMPTION on to others. In your original post you make the EMPHATIC reference that the ISR/OLDNA registry is NOT a member. When you were TOTALLY WRONG. This is very damaging and creates rumors that are not correct. I hope you will correct your original title.

ise@ssl No one is snipping OR trying to malign!

I was interested in a young imported stallion who is ISR/OldNA approved, the registry that my mare is in may accept qualified outside stallions who ARE full members of WBFSH.

What is it about a simple question that causes people to immediately swoop in to defend. I did not find the information about the ISR/OldNA on their website, but thank you AVEZAN for posting the link. http://www.isroldenburg.org/index.ph...berships#wbfsh

Since both the sire of dam of my mare, Sparkle, are both approved ISR/OldNA, what in the world makes you think I would condemn that registry...get a grip, not a gripe.

Now, please take a look at the WBFSH site http://www.wbfsh.org/?GB/Members.aspx and tell me that YOU can find ISR/OldNA, THAT is the reason I asked the question, the only one maligning anyone is YOU.

So now ise@ssl please do busy yourself with contacting ISR/OldNA and let them know that the "new" WBFSH website does not contain THEIR name as a MEMBER full or otherwise!

I don't have to contact the ISR/OLDNA to TELL them what to do. This begs the question, why you, as a member, didn't email or call the registry yourself to ask why the registry wasn't listed. I can tell you they don't read this Bulletin Board. I remember when the ISR/OLDNA did become a member so I emailed the link to this thread to Barbara in Germany, she called the World Breeding Federation office. They told her the person handling their website had been away and will be back today. World Breeding Federation is AWARE of this glitch on their website as well as other problems which relate to their website being re-designed.

But reading the responses on this thread - it was an IMMEDIATE assumption that the registry was NOT a member. My favorite post is by MMT - who posted -

"They do not/have not met the membership criteria". That's an emphatic statement based on what facts MMT? You wrote it - and it's absolutely positively UNTRUE.

MMT also writes:

"You should contact ISR/OldNA to explain why their website says something else. Maybe their website is incorrect - don't know. I was told the reason some years ago, but have not paid any attention lately."

What reason was she told and by whom? The ISR/OLDNA website has CORRECTLY listed their membership with the World Breeding Federation. What should they have listed MMT?

And your corrected title STILL infers that the ISR/OLDNA is not a member. No where to you STATE THE FACT that the Federation website is in error and there were SEVERAL registries left off.

The WBFSH only ranks member registries and/or horses. An ISR/OldNA horse is ranked in the Eventing by Studbook category, which suggests that ISR/OldNA is a member of WBFSH. It's a pity that the World Breeding Federation website is incorrect, as it is a resource for people doing research for breeding questions.

I don't think anyone meant any hostility or was "sniping" at any particular registry. The fact is, two websites indicated two very different situations. People can only use the available information to have questions answered.

I remember the old website and it seems to me, that there were many more registries included as members. It stinks that the database did not completely transfer over.