The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bummer!

Ibuprofen slows bone healing - I think acetaminophen is the NSAID of choice for bones. Glad taping is working!

West of Mims, East of Oveido. If you figure it out, please let my mail carrier know.

My right one is healing now and it is taking forever. Aleve for bone pain and that walk where you look like you are wearing a swim fin.....

Been perfected over the years.

BTW, one of my friends was the hit of an anatomy class once when she answered the question - how many bones there are in the foot. "Too many!"
    Visit the new guy's journey at http://www.OnAndOffTheTrack.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by EqTrainer View Post
    Ahhhhh but CoolMeadows, in perspective it's not a big deal just very, very annoying!

I taped it to its neighbor and got thru evening chores. Realized longeing the four year old was not a good idea when he went rodeo on me. Jogged everyone with the golf cart after that at one point I had LMEqT's pony on my side and my son had our boarders teeny tiny pony on the other, it was hysterical.

Amazing how paranoid I feel walking a horse on that side!

Thanks everyone, I figured this crowd would know what to do
    Too funny! I also tried lunging my 4 year old (not the gigantosaur but the wee 15.3h one) and went skijouring on one foot behind him when he had a broncfest too. I don't have a golf cart but I do have a Kawasaki Mule. Hmmm you may be on to something.
    Please don't try to be a voice of reason. It's way more fun to spin things out of control. #BecauseCOTH - showhorsegallery

My 4 year old stepped on me and broke my toe at Devon a few weeks ago before I rode I didnt take off my tall boots all day but when I did it was smashed and black. I taped it up and shoved it in my riding boot anyway for the next day. I took lots of advil and wine I wear the Ariat terrain sneakers around the barn so I just had those on for the week. At my regular job I wore sneakers for a bit until it felt better.

I'm in the club too...broke almost two the other night during feeding. One is broken and the other has a huge blister on the bottom. I took the two damaged ones and wraped/taped them to a non damaged toe. It definitely helps with the pain and I am walking only slightly gimpy 3 days later.

I didn't know Aleve was better for bones? I've been taking Advil, but maybe I'll switch to Aleve.

I have flip flops on today at work. Good thing it is going to be 85 degrees today. Fortunately, I have found the toes to heal pretty quickly.

Ouch. Been there, done that. (Though mine wasn't horse related- I tripped coming down the stars and smashed it into the wall.)

I taped mine too. Hope you heal well!
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

psst - EqT - you might have better luck - less pain and fewer funny looks from the neighbors, if you do horsey things with the horses, not with your foot. But whatever suits you...

Oh dear - now I'm going to spend lunch picturing lungeing your foot, or tacking it up... Sometimes it is hard being easily amused.