The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Wink Herndon/Middleburg CoTH'ers.......

There's a new girl in town and you'll love her!! My dear friend Mickey has moved to Herndon. She'll be starting work at the Clocktower Animal Hospital next week and wants to start up riding lessons again. She's a lifelong horse person and the world's best dog groomer. Rode h/j for eons and switched a few years ago to the "d" word......dressage.

I told her I'd start a thread here and send her new horse friends. She's taking a short drive to look at stables this weekend and on her list is Matchpoint Stables, Alden Equestrian Center & Stonegate Stables. Any other suggestions?

Will you befriend her??!! I promise she's fabulous.
    "Concern for animals is a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher Stowe 1811-1896

Ponies are cool!

Northern Virginia, 45 minutes east of paradise - 2 hrs during rush hour

What is she looking for? Boarding? Lessons? Leasing?
    "The mighty oak is a nut who stood its ground"

"...you'll never win Olympic gold by shaking a carrot stick at a warmblood..." see u at x

Just lessons for now Stacie. Here in Ohio we aren't used to some of those boarding prices! Mick no longer owns a horse - for now anyway.
    "Concern for animals is a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher Stowe 1811-1896

Ponies are cool!

Well I'll say hi to Mickey,
    I currently live in Herndon and Clocktower is my regular vet for my puppies. I have the advantage that I work in a big multi-speciality facility in Leesburg so anything more serious she goes there.

I keep my horses at a small private barn in Leesburg, I don't think the BO is looking for more boarders, but I can ask. It would be great to have someone else out there. I have no one to ride with since her daughter went to college
    All I pay my psychiatrist is the cost of feed and hay, and he'll listen to me any day.

Hi Mickey,
    here is a recent thread on trainers with lesson horses:

http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum...d.php?t=170368

You can find some great leases around, too, especially if you can ride during the weekday.

"...you'll never win Olympic gold by shaking a carrot stick at a warmblood..." see u at x

I sent you a PM (in case your box gets full).

I work right by Clocktower and usually have lunch there most days....since I can walk.

Thanks so much girls! I'm a bit controversial on this board and I hope that won't scare anyone away from Mickey! She's always been my voice of reason and is truely a great person.

SFVA, I gave her your #. She starts at Clocktower on Wednesday and hopes to drive to stables this weekend.

Ponies are cool!

My girlfriend is returning to the Clocktower Vet as well. She was a former employee and left nearly 7 yrs ago.

Mickey would always be welcome to come and ride with me. But I am not in Middleburg. If she just wants a nice ride through the mountains, I'd be happy to take her out.

~Kerri
    Chronicle of My Horse
    Secret Passage Ranch
    **a member of the
    Riders with Fibromyalgia & Adult Re-riders Clique

Fox Chase and Welcome Mickey
    Proud Mama of a BOY rider

I don't think FoxChase does lessons anymore. Or boarding, unless you are a trainer and rent a block of stalls. Maybe a trainer there does lessons?

MICHELE SONSTEGARD Guest

Default Glad to be in Va.

Hi Horsey people,

I'm new to Va. Herndon to be exact.
    I am soo wanting to ride. My friend "Equine Laundry" sent out a thread so
    I thought I would register and log in.

Looking forward to meeting people and animals in the area.

I have a Jack Russell, just sold my horse,truck and trailer before moving here.

Starting work this Thursday at the Clock Tower Vet.

Are there any clubs that need volunteers in the area ?

Thanks for the welcome from those that responded.

Mickey

Talking JMHO!

Besides these boards - go to virginiaequestrian.com and the virginiahorsejournal.com for some barns, horses to lease or ride etc.
    Most horsepeople in our area don't have enough time to ride so are always looking for people who can for them.....even me! And many of the rich horse people even PAY you to ride for them. I have a neighbor that does for example.
    And yes you are now in the most expensive horse country in the world I bet.

MICHELE SONSTEGARD Guest

I don't know about most expensive, I think that Wellington is right up there.
    Thanks for the advice I will check out those sites.

Mickey

Hi Michele,

Welcome to VA!!! You're going to love it ... all things are horsie here. At least that's what I've discovered. I work in a feed store on Saturdays about 8 miles from Middleburg and I must see 15-20 horse trailers go by the store!!!

If you'd like to PM me, I'll try and give you some info. Plus, we get all kinds of flyers for horses and lessons in the store. I'll be happy to (whoops ... there goes another trailer. Horse's tails were hanging out the back! ) pass on any info from the flyers.
    "For God hates utterly
    The bray of bragging tongues."
    Sophocles, Antigone Spoken by the Leader of the Chorus of Theban Elders

MICHELE SONSTEGARD Guest

Default Thanks

Thanks for the welcome.
    Somehow I missed your message.
    Have been back and forth to Middleburg. lots of nice people and horses !!!!
    I would love any suggestions on leasing for trails mostly and a dressage lesson here and there.
    Regards,
    Mickey

Hi Mickey,
    Welcome to Herndon. What part of town are you living in? I'm always happy to show new people around. Also, my barn doesn't do lessons, but people are always looking for someone to hack their horse during the week - myself included.

PM me if you want to talk!

PaintPony

Quote Originally Posted by MICHELE SONSTEGARD View Post
    Hi Horsey people,

Are there any clubs that need volunteers in the area ?
    CDCTA
    www.cdcta.com
    always needs volunteers.

We are running the CDCTA Fall HT on Sunday in Culpeper. Let me know (my email is in my profile) if you are interested.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Thumbs up

Hey, my old stomping grounds!!! Herndon high school alumna here!!! Is Frugal Fannie's Fashion Warehouse still in the clock tower shopping tower? Got some WONDERFUL bargains there!!!