The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mkatherines Guest

Default 2007 Exiss Nightmare

Does anyone out there own an exiss trailer that they are having problems with (structural or otherwise)? This is the second trailer I have owned (they had to replace the first one) and I am having all kinds of problems with the second one as well. Would appreciate any comments. Thanks

Both my trainer and i have Exiss trailers and we both wouldn't trade them for any other brand. I have not had a SINGLE problem with my trailer since buying it almost two years ago. My trailer is used..........built in 2000.

Sorry to hear that you haven't had the same luck with yours!

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum...ighlight=exiss

This is part of Jumphigh83's long struggle with Exiss. It would seem you are not the only one to be dissatisfied with this company.
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

mkatherines Guest

Default 2007 Exiss Nightmare

Mine is the sport model. I have talked to a few other people in my area who are also having trouble with them and was wondering if anyone else out there was. My trailer is flexing which is causing all kinds of problems.

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

Don from Dixie Horse and Mule Trailer Company ended up helping me with Exiss when my 02 fell apart. Exiss took it back to the factory and rebuilt it after he intervened for me. So far, so good....but it was a nightmare getting them to eventuallt do the right thing.
    I found him on www.horsetrailerworld.com
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

mkatherines Guest

Default Exiss Sport

This is the second Exiss trailer that I have had; The first one they replaced because I proved to them that the frame was flexing on it and this trailer is now doing the same thing. My 2nd trailer already spent 3 months in Oklahoma and I live in Canada. The walls are warped and it is missing crossmembers underneath. It was missing 2 and they put one back on it and you can see where the other one was cut off. They remove them when they put the living quarters on the Sport trailers. The trailer is flexing so much that evrything else on it is breaking and I am so frusterated with dealing with this company. I am wondering about a class action law suit? There are three other people that live in the same town as me that are having the same problems. Doors and windows won't shut and are falling off ect. I am making payments on a trailer that probably won't make it for another year without falling apart on the road with my horses in it. I need a really good lawyer I think....

Please feel free to contact me personally. I would be VERY happy to help you. I HATE my Exiss. Piece of junk. The saga continues. One of my clients said I should hire him (he is an attorney) I have a four page (back and front) litany of headaches with mine...and I too have a second trailer to replace the first POS.
    In fact just contacted them today to fix some MORE structural issues. Please just make it (and the 48K price tag) GO AWAY.

Jumphigh83@aol.com
    The thing about smart people, is they look like crazy people, to dumb people.

mkatherines Guest

Default 4 Horse Exiss Sport

So glad to hear that I am not the only one. Can't wait to hear more from you.

I find it hard to understand how they could fail a second time. Sorry y'all are having so much trouble with them. I know of another Exiss, a mid 90's model, that leaked and had door problems and was eventually sold by the owner almost new at a loss just to move on.
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

Go to horsetrailerworld.com and post there about your issues. They will call you everything from a troublemaker to a troll BUT it does get their attention. I tried to trade out of my albatross but no one would touch it with a ten foot pole. (all dealers in Ocala except for Nelsons which has the misfortune of being an Exiss dealer!) The dealer that sold it to me DOESN'T EVEN CARRY Exiss anymore! (and coincidentally they wont help me out of the POS either) I wish I COULD get out of it! I actually have Universal trailers (TJ/Rodney) on speed dial that's how much I have to call them! Usually from the side of the road.

mkatherines Guest

I believe they keep failing because they aren't built to be used very much. 2 of the people at Exiss actually told me that they are a "Pony Club" trailer and are comparable to a "tent" rather than a Caddilac and that they are not meant to be used every weekend or on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by mkatherines View Post
    I believe they keep failing because they aren't built to be used very much. 2 of the people at Exiss actually told me that they are a "Pony Club" trailer and are comparable to a "tent" rather than a Caddilac and that they are not meant to be used every weekend or on a regular basis.

PFffft. Lousy way to design IMO.

I want the Caddy for my precious.
    Crayola posse ~ Lazer Lemon yellow
    Take time to give...it is too short a day to be selfish. - Ben Franklin

I have heard nothing but horror stories about them.

into my fourth year with mine, Don and Dixie Horse and Mule made any small issues we had at first...right.

It's a Sport model, 3H GN.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. (Steven Wright)

Quote Originally Posted by Jumphigh83 View Post
    Go to horsetrailerworld.com and post there about your issues. They will call you everything from a troublemaker to a troll BUT it does get their attention. I tried to trade out of my albatross but no one would touch it with a ten foot pole. (all dealers in Ocala except for Nelsons which has the misfortune of being an Exiss dealer!) The dealer that sold it to me DOESN'T EVEN CARRY Exiss anymore! (and coincidentally they wont help me out of the POS either) I wish I COULD get out of it! I actually have Universal trailers (TJ/Rodney) on speed dial that's how much I have to call them! Usually from the side of the road.
    Well, that site is owned by Universal Trailer, soooooooooo........

mkatherines Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Counselor View Post
    Well, that site is owned by Universal Trailer, soooooooooo........

Ha Ha yeah I tried to post it on there and now I can't find it.

I bought a used 4 horse straight load Exiss a few yrs ago...it came from a dealer up north, and I did not inspect it first, instead I relied on pictures and the description from the "honest" salesperson.

After about a month, we were at the races, and a guy walked up to me and said "Oh, I see you bought ________'s trailer... (he saw the dealers sticker on the back of the trailer)... "He had a lot of trouble with that trailer"!

Well _______ happened to me my ex husbands cousin, so I asked the guy for his number, and promptly gave him a call...(he hauled horses for a living)...he informed me that yes, that had been his trailer, and he had returned it to the dealer (he bought it new) because it had been welded about 5 times. The dealer took the trailer back and gave him a full refund, after he had used if for over a year!

I argued with them a bit... took it to my welder and had him make some repairs, called back the dealer and told them I still didnt feel comfortable hauling my horses in that trailer... then I let them know that I knew the history on the trailer and that they had misrepresented it to me.

Rather then get into a legal mess, they delivered a brand new Hawk, and picked up the hunk of junk Exiss they sold me. Plus I got a check for the difference.

Default HTW

Horse Trailer World is owned by Dave and, probably, Gail Mattern. I think he is the sole owner. UTC has no proprietary interest in HTW to our knowledge. We met Dave years ago when he was just starting the site and have been with him ever since.

mkatherines Guest

I wish they would give me back my money. I have given them til the end of the week and then I am reporting them to the BBB, Consumer Report, Lemon Law and whatever else I can come up with.

I am all for the class action thing! I WISH they would give me my money back on that POS...make it go away!!! I cannot emphasize how much I have lost faith in that trailer. I cringe every time I have to use it. It invariably will cost me time or money or both.