The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ouch! Hope your thumb isn't too sore!

I once bit a pony I was schooling on the neck. He was a cranky little ba***d and kept turning to bite my legs. The second time he did I happened to be leaning forward and bit him on the neck. He never bit a rider under tack again.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

The real downside to biting your horse back is getting the horsehair out of your teeth, because, let's face it, few of us think ahead enough to put dental floss in the grooming box.

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post
    considering how many folks resort to biting, this has got to be some kind of instinctual reaction

WE WATCH HORSES DO IT ALL THE TIME... bite-git bit back...
    the NOT!! Spoiled!! Arabian Protectavest poster pony lives on in my heart http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...pscc2a5330.jpg

I have a semi circle scar on my right index finger from being bitten. It is my own dumb fault. One day decided to check my mare's back teeth to see if she had any sharp points. I stick my hand in her mouth and start feeling around. DUH! She bit down and I almost lost the tip of my finger. Now, I do remember to grab the tongue when I want to poke around in the mouth.

My SO was bitten in the middle of his back while feeding his brother's horse. It was the morning he needed to report for his physical for the army. Everytime one of the Dr's looked at it, he needed to go through the explanation. When he got home that night he went out to the barn. He grab the horse on either side of the head and bit down on the horse's nose. My SO is not known to give up. Horse lifted him off his feet and shook him around trying to get rid of SO. Horse never bit after that.

Ouch! Glad you're ok.

Quote Originally Posted by hey101 View Post
    And in one of those subconscious reactions where the thought doesn't even make it to your brain, I leaned forward and bit her on the nostril.
    That was priceless. Self preservation is high on your list of priorities, Hey101. Awesome DNA, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' View Post
    Yuck is right! What are you girls thinking, putting your horses into your mouths like that?
    Ok, that made me howl.

<-- (RR)
    < -- (RR's next door neighbors)