The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

J-N.... you didn't say how old you are, but I'm assuming that you're probably a good deal youger than I, (unless you're older than dirt, ) so I'll give you a piece of advice... many women are looking for a man for all the wrong reasons. They want someone to make a committment and complete them, because they are not complete in themselves. I've seen some great guys, who are definitely looking for a committed relationship, scared away because they realize that the girl they are dating is more interested in a committed relationship with ANYBODY than that they are really interested in him. You're better off alone that settling for someone who can't appreciate you for who you are, but also has a sense of themselves, and can function independently.

Basically, you need to tell these women... "If you're not happy to tag along at horseshows and races, then you must be happy to give me a kiss on the cheek, wish me luck, and go do something that interests you."

I'm not saying that you shouldn't make time for them in your life, but its also healthy for couples to each have their own interests.

BTW, my daughter has sort of the same problem... she is very independent and not prone to live in a BF's pocket, and they always end up unhappy with her because she doesn't give them enough attention, because they are more accustomed to girls who are clinging vines, yet they complain about this as well.

Just keep on doing what you love, eventually you will find someone who doesn't mind that, and will appreciate 'quality' over 'quantity' time.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by arabhorse2 View Post
    Hush now SL, it's going to be all right (patting SL on the neck). Easy, girl.

Some posters apparently ride their keyboards instead of horses, and have delusions of being psychotherapists. They're partially right; they're psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevelyan96 View Post
    BTW, my daughter has sort of the same problem... she is very independent and not prone to live in a BF's pocket, and they always end up unhappy with her because she doesn't give them enough attention, because they are more accustomed to girls who are clinging vines, yet they complain about this as well.
    OMG I have the same problem... what is wrong with men?? Make up your minds, guys

Quote Originally Posted by TBROCKS View Post
    I think he's a troll.

I have to say, I thought the same thing but then decided that I was being cynical...

Guys tend to suddenly decide, "OHMYGO-! I'm at that point in my life, I need to settle down and get married RIGHT NOW! Now, where's that girl?" Women tend to go through a very different process while looking for a mate.

What is it that you really want most? You have to look at what you are willing to give up to reach your goals, and prioritize. And whoever you go out with, make sure your time with her is about her.

Quote Originally Posted by spaghetti legs View Post
    Has anyone READ THIS!!! I want to stab my eyes out with FORKS...NO MAKE THAT BLUNT SPORKS!

WHERE DID U GET THIS INFORMATION!!!
    Google. I spy caps and punctuation.
    Last edited by Long Spot; Oct. 14, 2008 at 06:54 PM. Reason: spelllllling

Question

The Original Poster's "name" is Josh (a word for joking) Nixon (a man famous nfor lying). Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm