Be warned, some hunt balls (like ours) the ladies must wear either black, white, gold, silver or a combination. There's always some poor fool in a blue or green dress so make sure you ask someone that would know.
Set youself apart from the crowd, ride a paint horse, you're sure to be spotted
In ole Virginny; hunt balls are well attended and women wear formal dress and most are in colors in other words it's not black/white for women and it's most often black tie so men wear tuxedo's!
Some musts for women going to hunt balls!
- A hair updo!! The poofier the better! Lotsa pins & teasing & spray so you can't move your hair for 3-4 days! Looks SUPER when you take your helmet off the next day when you're hunting with a hangover!!
- A long formal that can be strapless. No trains as you'll be dancing ya know. Off the shoulder good. Shiney, froo-froo fabric, chiffon, layers, etc but it HAS to make you look thinner & younger & sexy!! Price is no object! Lowcut is good so your fellow hunt members learn something extra they didn't know about you!
- Lotsa jewelry! Break out the rhinestones, drop earrings, big coctail rings, anything your mom/grandma left you and you never have a chance to wear anywhere else! More is better! Nothing small & tasteful! You wanna stand out!
- A tiara! If you're brave & beautiful! OR...you're the Hilltopping Queen!!
- Strappy, shiney, fancy pumps with high heels that make your legs ache and make you walk funny!
- Eye shadow, makeup, false eyelashes (only if you're good at it! ) and OMG! Lipstick!! In a color!!!
- a stole or wrap but fur is gauche and for cryin' out loud NO fox!! I wore a feather boa once - just once! Everyone wanted to come over and pet my chicken feathers!!
- Perfume! Afterall, you don't wanna smell like a barn!!
oh I could go on & on! Your best accessory is a handsome, tuxedo'd man on your arm!!