The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

3dogpack, you can keep responding here, on the blog, or wherever you want. Thanks again so much for taking the time to offer me guidance here. I'm in totally new territory. I do think it is good for me to experiment on Fred since he is so easy, to tweek my technique. I worry so much that I'm doing everything wrong with Bill. My husband reminded me last night that I did succeed in rubbing the halter on his muzzle and that he came to me, so I'm doing OK. I just don't want to mess this up.

How much more messed up can you get than headed for slaughter?

Oh, and those links from the other poster were great resources too...I'm picking through them now!

Quote Originally Posted by meaty ogre View Post
    3dogpack, you can keep responding here, on the blog, or wherever you want. Thanks again so much for taking the time to offer me guidance here. I'm in totally new territory. I do think it is good for me to experiment on Fred since he is so easy, to tweek my technique. I worry so much that I'm doing everything wrong with Bill. My husband reminded me last night that I did succeed in rubbing the halter on his muzzle and that he came to me, so I'm doing OK. I just don't want to mess this up.

How much more messed up can you get than headed for slaughter?

Oh, and those links from the other poster were great resources too...I'm picking through them now!
    well he will tell you when you mess up by not playing with you. He will run away, and choose not to come near you. In another month, we will be getting a gelding in that needs some time, some space and a lot of reinforcement. I may start up a blog just for him...if I do, I will post the link so you can follow along with me.