The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post BRRR!

Brrr its getting cold here! i went on a ride yesterday and my feet went numb! haven't had that for a while!

Today its suppose to be 32F with 67% moisture. so i am thinking snow. Don't get me wrong i love the snow but, the storms getting it tend to be a bit nippy!

anyone else getting chilly weather?
    ~Your horse can only be as brave as you are~

Cold here too, just barely above freezing now, and they say a FOOT of white crap coming from south....I DO wish you guys would keep your whitecrap south of the border!!!LOL
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

Default well

so much for a chance of snow it is snowing hard i think we have about a inch right now and its still going.

It's snowing here.

Pic 1 Pic 2 and Pic 3
    Last edited by ThatScaryChick; Oct. 11, 2008 at 02:01 PM.

Default i think

i think you got the same storm i got! lol

Freddie* Guest

Here in the north east it's in the 70's.

OK, you guys from Idaho - chose those windows and shut those doors...keep YOUR snow and rain and howling winds on YOUR side of the border. South east Saskatchewan is now under winter storm AND heavy snowfall warnings. As I look out the south window, there are some REALLY fugly clouds building up, and I can feel thie humidity rising. So please, please shut those doors and keep the whitecrap on your side of the border

I am actually jealous. I live in Georgia. I am so tired of dealing with the hot, sweaty weather. Not too bad today only 74. I have begged my husband for us to relocate. I have always felt like I was born in the wrong place. When we do get cold weather here, you can always find me out piddling in our barn. I want to hibernate during to summer. I'm sure it is different really living in the kind of cold you guys get, than just dreaming about it. But I'd sure love the chance to find out.

Default hehe

Quote Originally Posted by sk_pacer View Post
    OK, you guys from Idaho - chose those windows and shut those doors...keep YOUR snow and rain and howling winds on YOUR side of the border. South east Saskatchewan is now under winter storm AND heavy snowfall warnings. As I look out the south window, there are some REALLY fugly clouds building up, and I can feel thie humidity rising. So please, please shut those doors and keep the whitecrap on your side of the border
    sorry we just cant help but share

Quote Originally Posted by flashy View Post
    I am actually jealous. I live in Georgia. I am so tired of dealing with the hot, sweaty weather. Not too bad today only 74. I have begged my husband for us to relocate. I have always felt like I was born in the wrong place. When we do get cold weather here, you can always find me out piddling in our barn. I want to hibernate during to summer. I'm sure it is different really living in the kind of cold you guys get, than just dreaming about it. But I'd sure love the chance to find out.
    I felt the same as you did, so I went to college in CO. Well after living in CO for 5 years, I was sick of the cold, snow, and ice, so I moved to FL. Its still in the 80s here right now. I miss fall for sure, but knowing that its 34 in Fort Collins, CO right now makes me happy that I am in Fl. I miss GA. There are 4 seasons there. Maybe I will end up there in a few years when the SO graduates from school.
    I love cats, I love every single cat....
    So anyway I am a cat lover
    And I love to run.

I love the snow! If I PM you my mailing address, can you ship me a box?

Default snowing here!

Hmm, 27 degrees here, weatherchannel says it feels like 16 degrees. We had snow Thursday night, all day Friday, snow last night, snow all day today. Its pretty white out there! Already slipped and fell scraping ice off my truck windshield.

Really love the fact that we're having record winter snow in the rockies for my first winter here. lol Just figures.

The cat is lying in front of the heater, the dog is curled up under blankets on the couch, and my truck is covered...again. Its getting hard to talk myself into doing errands. I really hate putting on the down vest, the jacket, the gloves, the hat...getting groceries....putting back on the down vest, the jacket, the hat, the gloves...

Actually, this is really cool. I loff it. Except for that falling on my ass this morning. I've never been so close to the Canadian border either-going to give Canadian Invasion Day a whole new significance this Thanksgiving!

Guess I should put up some pics of the winter wonderland out there. Very pretty w/ the white draped over the fir trees. Gorgeous.
    Last edited by spirithorse22; Oct. 11, 2008 at 07:34 PM.
    True Bearing Equestrian
    St. Helena Island, SC

Too early for snow!! It has been unusually warm here - in the 70's, but nothing beats our New England foliage. Its absolutely gorgeous!
    MnToBe Twinkle Star: "Twinkie"
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...wo/009_17A.jpg

Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Good grief! Snow? It's been in the 70s in New Jersey - I think it was 80 on Thursday. I gave my horse a bath!
    She wasn't running away with me, I just couldn't stop her!

Quote Originally Posted by MayS View Post
    I love the snow! If I PM you my mailing address, can you ship me a box?
    you are one sick puppy!!!ROFLMAO Come here and spend 20+ hours a week moving that crap around so you can get out of your yard. I must add that said moving is done in sub-zero temps, and mostly at night when the wind aint howling so much. Said moving goes on for roughly 5 months of the year, sometimes more. This is what i build up ever winter:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...reatwall11.jpg

And this high:
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...greatwall2.jpg

You KNOW you are good with the tractor and bucket when you can do this:
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...snowblock1.jpg

the block of snow was about all the poor tractor could lift - block was 6' wide, same as the bucket, and pretty thick and deep.

It was a beautiful day here in the desert at about 79 degrees. REALLY windy at the barn, but at my house, PERRRFECT. This desert is a huge wind tunnel and when it gets windy, it is WAY windy, but always windier at the barn acrosss the valley than at home where I am protected by a mountain.

I miss snow, but only the fresh snow, digging myself was not fun and I hated going out in it. I loved to watcha heavy snow storm though, so quiet and peaceful and beautiful.
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

That's crazy it is so cold!! It's in the 80s and shorts weather here in Texas. Though I have to say I am ready to have to at least put on a long sleeve shirt!

OMG>.snow already.

I love to ski but not enough to move to a snowy area again. My dog loves the snow. He will play in it, and roll in it.

I'm in NJ, and it was around 73 today. Just great..but I'm not one to rub something like that in...
    Horsey Stick Art clique
    Crayolaposse~ SparklyLime
    PPP Grand-Poobah

Supposed to be almost 80 here in MN. Ahhhh! We are still a whole state away from that white stuff.