The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hate that coat, hate bling, hate her makeup. IMHO, she looks very trashy.

gotta say to missing the point in some cases

katie has a huge following and now has taken up dressage
    not the best role model in the world but--
    if it encourages dressage to move forwards and get recongised more
    or that equine sports as whole gets published more and in the eye of the public

then hopefully more prize money more to do, equine sport isnt in the same legue as footy
    players and doesnt earn so much attention nor money etc

she might be little miss pink as loves pink
    and she might have bigger assets than most females and she might love the bling and speak her mind
    she not that out ragoeus

but she has a huge following if it helps to get equine sports and publised better then who cares

I love it! And I love her. Like Coreene, I adore the bling. And I think she seems to have a pretty good seat, I've seen other pics of her riding.

Then again, "E" is my favorite TV channel and I waste my money on Star/OK/Hello/Us Weekly/etc etc etc every week...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?

I think she looks like she is having fun!

Besides, who said dressage riders can't have boobs?

Ride on!

I love her horse .

\"For all those men who say, \"Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,\" here\'s an update for you: Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it\'s not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage.\"-

Eh, I think dressage could use a healthy dose of fun! It's pretty clear it's an exhibition, so methinks some folks' knickers are needlessly in a twist.

I love sparkles, so I love her coat. I would not ever wear it in competition, but at an exhibition ride, absolutely! As I will some day be the little old blue haired lady in sequin covered hats and shirts, my taste is certainly questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by JER View Post
    I like Katie/Jordan.

When you take away the bling and implants, this is working-class girl who loves horses and wants to keep the horse dream alive in kids who grow up without money and connections. She parlayed her best-selling bio into a contract for a line of horse-and-pony care books for kids. How cool is that?
    Ah I love Katie, She's got 7 horses I think...

In case others hadn't noticed.. the sole AIM of this forum is for people to post things then the hens get into a right flap about it, clucking and squarking and sh|tting on everything. It's no true reflection on real life.

I like it. Looks like it was a fun show under the lights.
    "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here." ~ Desiderata by Max Ehrmann

Originally I thought "Blech!".

Then I thought about it a bit longer and realized if she had worn a tradition/'real' shad and top hat etc., I would dis her for putting all that on when she is nowhere near that level a rider- ie having not 'earned the right to wear it' (and for that matter neither have nor will I ever either).

So I realize in my book she loses either way and that maybe I need to take things just a tad bit less seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by spaghetti legs View Post
    Ah I love Katie, She's got 7 horses I think...

In case others hadn't noticed.. the sole AIM of this forum is for people to post things then the hens get into a right flap about it, clucking and squarking and sh|tting on everything. It's no true reflection on real life.
    Wanna bet? I think it absolutely is a reflection on real life--some folks just aren't happy unless they have something to piss and moan about. The 'net just gives then a 24/7 forum to do so!

Not that this particular observation is horse related...

Default too much?

No, she's at the NEC in Birmingham England...the bling looks good.
    Went to see "Strickly Come Dancing" there which is their version of "Dancing with the Stars." You need a lot of makeup to be seen in a large arena like that. Maybe more people would watch dressage if we spiced it up a bit.

I actually don't mind it. I like the idea of Dressage not being so stuffy. I too agree that her outfit seems in keeping with the "show" aspect of the performance.

I would like to see more options in frocks, instead of the same ole black and blue.

Talking

She got my attention, and didn't need the makeup, either!

Quote Originally Posted by VAHorseGurl View Post
    Doesn't all that glitz and glam distract form her overall accomplishments?

snigger!

What are they - 36DD?

West of insanity, east of apathy, deep in the heart of Texas.

32 FF, more like.

I don't have a problem with the bling or the makeup, but wear a f(*&ing shirt and stock, for chrissakes! What's next - Chippendales' dancers riding topless? Sorry, y'all, but that kind of publicity this sport does not need!

And I'll bet the two guys rode rings around her. And no one noticed.
    In loving memory of Laura Jahnke.
    A life lived by example, done too soon.
    www.caringbridge.org/page/laurajahnke/

Equibrit too funny, I don't think she has accomplished anything..at least in dressage. Didn't she show in a non rated show and the poor women had an onslot of people filming her, in what was close to an intro or training level test? I don't even think it was a dressage show...wasn't it an eventing show? Someone feel free to correct me, I was just googling her so I could have gotten the facts mixed up.

The stock tie was mentioned. I don't know about anyone else but I can do without having to wear that(while I am riding). Basically my stock tie keeps the sweat from running down my "AA", not quite the same league as the person of this topic.

Put *something* underneath the coat and scrape off some of the makeup. The idea isn't bad, it's just overdone to the point of being trashy.

That's sort of the basis of her whole career amastrike, considering that she started out as a topless model. Although mostly these days she is an author/model/business woman.

I really dislike the whole culture of celebrity she is part of for but I can't help liking her. Like a few other posters have said she's got a reputation as being very down to earth and she's a hard worker who's not afraid to put herself out there so she has the potential to do a lot for the popularity of the sport. I bet she gets to be a pretty good dressage rider in the end too.

Just because she started out as a glorified prostitute doesn't mean she needs to keep acting that way.