The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Let's see...the apple grower...or the carrot farmer...apple grower...carrot farmer...

Both!
    Last edited by Chief2; Oct. 11, 2008 at 09:49 AM.

My girls are Democrats.

They're especially concerned about issues re the mustang herds. They are also very concerned about hay prices.

My mare-hmm I am not sure. She thinks she owns me and not the other way around!! I guess she is used to being my only horse for so long and as long as I greet her first and pet her last when leaving the barn she is ok...The mustang well-I don't know but he could be a hippie-he is becoming very chilled out -when I got him his mane was all matted up and long -a cool chilled out rastafarian-so democrat I guess!

Thumbs up A Winner !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
    She'd vote just like most humans -- whoever's promising the most treats for the least amount of work!
    Written by a master of human nature...

one of the things I like best about my horses is that they are not political!

But, if they were ... I think Eli would be one of those former Republicans who, over time and with studied observation, has realized the error of his ways. He now calls himself an Independent, but the truth is he votes Democrat. He doesn't want anyone to know this about him because he is a confirmed rules-follower, a regular goody two-shoes, formerly quite wealthy . He now knows that bad things happen to good horses and sometimes the game is rigged.

King? King would definitely be an Anarchist. NO GOVERNMENT. NONE AT ALL! At least not one with PEOPLE in charge! However, if he really could be KING, he would probably go for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntertwo View Post
    Hmmm, Twinkie would like to keep her carrots for herself and not let anyone tell her - it is not fair and she must hand out her hard earned carrots to the horses who chose not to work as hard as her.

She'd also like me to take care of her Veterinary care and not have some big *place* dictate where and how she receives Vet care.

Twinkie would also like her *barn* to grow her own hay, instead of importing it from another *barn*.
    My horses are republicans as well, for all the same reasons. They do not want their hard earned Mrs. Pastures Horse Cookies given out to other horses in an effort to be fair. They want to keep their cookies. Let the other horses earn their own cookies.

All of my horses are Libertarians... they want limited Government and more Freedom .

\"For all those men who say, \"Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,\" here\'s an update for you: Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it\'s not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage.\"-

My mare would make congress get rid of the ridiculous and convoluted legislation that makes farming so difficult now a days and treat farms like any other business.

Animal abuse would carry the same punishment as its counter part for crimes against people. Intentionally causing death would be 25 to life with a death sentence depending on state, accidental would be the same as involuntary man-slaughter, and equine insurance companies would investigate every death to cut back on the idiots who "won't flip a horse until I insure it."

Quote Originally Posted by Just My Style View Post
    My horses are republicans as well, for all the same reasons. They do not want their hard earned Mrs. Pastures Horse Cookies given out to other horses in an effort to be fair. They want to keep their cookies. Let the other horses earn their own cookies.
    Twinkie does not also want to support all the Broodmares who sit out in a pasture and have foals year after year, while she has to carry my butt out trailriding and doing ring work..

Quote Originally Posted by Denali6298 View Post

Animal abuse would carry the same punishment as its counter part for crimes against people. Intentionally causing death would be 25 to life with a death sentence depending on state, accidental would be the same as involuntary man-slaughter"
    I, hmmm I mean Twinkie believes in this as well.