The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

My guy isn't very picky, but it seems his favorites are apples and stud muffins. He's even more than willing to get his grazing muzzle on when there's a stud muffin in there .

Peeps. Peeps. Peeps. Just bought a new supply of pumpkins and little ghosties!

Ebay will do just about anything for a Ritz cracker.

I was eating lunch and he kept begging to have what I was eating. I told him he wouldn't like them and reluctantly shared a cracker only to see the look of pure glee at the taste.

He has shared my Ritz everyday since and he still eats them like a vacuum.

I think it's the buttery flavor.

Default equus magnificus!

My guy likes his special treats -- stud muffins, willie muffins, pony patties, mrs. pastures, etc.

He is a fan of Uncle Jimmy's Balls (there's just no way to type that without it sounding bad)

BUT, the real key to the boy's heart is his Equus Magnificus treats! As soon as I open the bag, he is thrilled! They are similar to stud muffins, but they hold together better and I have found them online and in stores to be much cheaper than Stud Muffins:

http://equusmagnificus.com/page002.html
    When life gives you lemons. . .say &%^# you lemons! And throw those lemons back in life's face so that it will be afraid of you and won't try that crap again!

I know one thing horses do not like, or at least the ones I know: bagels and cream cheese. I tried to give away half a bagel because I was no longer hungry and no horse in the barn would eat it. They all ended up with cream cheese on their noses and the bagel ended up in the dirt.

Talking My votes!

Beer!

Asian pears off the trees in the pasture. We never get any because they eat them all.

Watermelon rind, apples, carrots, Walmart brand generic mint flavored antacid, corn (all parts, stems,leaves,husks, everything),

They don't like zuchini I guess!

I had a filly once who would turn her head sideways and beg if you had your hands in your pockets - didn't matter what was in there, (edible or not) she would eat it.

Rode a QH for a while who loved bananas - would stick his tongue out if he saw one and it wasn't coming his way! Discovered this at a show when I was eating one and he just reached over and took it out of my hand!

"HisRoyalHighness" is all about the peppermints - all he has to do is hear a wrapper and its all over. We joke with my daughter that if she is ever on course and someone crinkles a wrapper he will be coming out the ingate to find it whether she is finished or not!

Quote Originally Posted by wingedmare View Post
    I will send him an email about it, that really is a good idea...I don't know why I didn't think about it.

My guys LOVE Jim's Balls, it's what they get for christmas. Last year I had problems getting my luggage down in weight cause it was full of Balls! My guys like the Carrot ones the best.
    AWESOME!!!
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

OMG! The possibilities are endless!
    Chronicle of My Horse
    Secret Passage Ranch
    **a member of the
    Riders with Fibromyalgia & Adult Re-riders Clique

Matt loves apples (but wont touch apple sauce), carrots, sugar cubes, mints, and citrus flavored treats. I figured out he loves Skittles when I was eating some outside his stall when the stall guard was open. I had just poured some into my hand when all of a sudden his head snakes around my body and steals the whole handful.
    His love for watermelon was figured out when a young stable hand was taking him out to the paddock while eating melon slices. He stole a piece right out of her hand.
    Proud mother to Matt, a 18 year-old TB gelding.

FOREVER

Leftover marshmallows from camping trips. And cotton candy. I'm a sucker for cotton candy and I always blame my purchases on the pony. One bite for Apache, two for me!!!
    Last edited by GallopHer; Oct. 10, 2008 at 05:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Peppermints, apples, carrots, oat brand cereal, and a very occasional hotdog, preferably with mustard. Don't know where they got that craving.
    " ...the mist parted, and there was a green land under a swift sunrise." J.R.R. Tolkien, Return of the King

Quote Originally Posted by meaty ogre View Post
    Hey Invested1, mine too on the wheat thins! My 2 year old took a box outside with her when we went out to feed, and she gave one to her mini horse. The other two took note, and after that I had 3 heads stuck through the fence trying to mug my toddler. Now I can get them all to come to the gate with the shake of a box.
    haha, Ted too--he hears that box and it's all over!
    I guess it's because they're crunchy and salty?

Though the other day I was eating some "blazin buffalo goldfish crackers" and Tedi was dyyyyiiinnnngggg to know what mom was eating. I took one out of the bag and told him he wasn't going to like it... he took it, played with it, ate it and came back for more! I only ended up giving him 3 or 4 because I was afraid they would give him flaming diarrhea!
    Amwrider: May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their genitalia and may their arms be too short to scratch.

Vanilla Wafers!

And of course, peppermints, which I love cause it makes their breath smell awesome

Mini Donuts with cinnamon and sugar. He stole an entire bag from an unsuspecting friend during the fair one year. He now gets at least one bag of his very own whenever we're somewhere that has them.
    ---------------------------
    University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2012
    Member of the Asthmatic Riders & "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" cliques

My thoroughbreds love Smarties and pears! None of my horses like peppermints. My 6 month old colt likes Corona.
    Cloverfox Stables

Twinkies. He'll eat pretty much anything, but he LOVES Twinkies.

My horse goes bananas for bananas

Sweety and Phoenix will do anything for a peppermint or two...they'll mug you for them if they know you have mints in your hand or pockets. They both also like Dumor treats and Mrs pasture cookies alot along with peppermint and butterscotch flavored Manna Pro treats

Scooter really only likes the peppermint manna pro treats and the dumor treats...hes not really into other treats...though i've yet to see if he likes plain apples or carrots yet.

with all three of them if you have some chopped alfalfa hay or some rolled oats....they are your new best friends.
    "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." ~Edith Wharton

Crayola Posse ~ RedViolet