The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Cute story to share!

So my husband has been clipping horses every night pretty much this week...the place he goes to has a miniature donkey!
    We have a Great Dane who goes with my husband to work.
    When they got home last night, the Dane came and said hello to me and then went straight upstairs to bed!
    I asked my husband what his problem was and he said "He's tired! He's been playing with a donkey for the last 3 hours!"
    I said "WHAT!?" and he said "The donkey is the same size as he is! And they play!"
    He says the donkey bites and kicks the dog and they just lay down and play! Like dogs do!
    Only downside to this, is that my Dane is laying next to me right now and he smells like a donkey!

For those of you who may find it concerning, our dog couldn't hurt a fly if he tried, he's one of those dopey silly puppies and has been around horses and ponies his whole life. He had another mini friend last Winter, it was a miniature horse and Spartan used to sit outside the pony's stall and the pony would lick the dog all over and Spartan used to lick the ponies ears!

Wish I could get a picture of it!

Quote Originally Posted by jse View Post

For those of you who may find it concerning, our dog couldn't hurt a fly if he tried
    Concern should be for the dog. He's lucky that the cute little donkey allowed him to live!!
    "Dressage" is just a fancy word for flatwork

Love those Danes, what an adorable story.

Quote Originally Posted by Creaghgal View Post
    Concern should be for the dog. He's lucky that the cute little donkey allowed him to live!!
    Ah but this little guy probably weighs about the same as the Dane and is a tad bit shorter! I think they must just have a general understanding of eachother...and I think the donkey is a little younger so he's not so "donkey-ish!" lol

Quote Originally Posted by scrtwh View Post
    Love those Danes, what an adorable story.
    He gets along with every equine he knows! I mean everyone is always calling him a horse, so he might as well be one, right? haha

You know we require pictures, right? Good. We'll expect them in the next day or so . Something like this is too cute to deny us pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by amastrike View Post
    You know we require pictures, right? Good. We'll expect them in the next day or so . Something like this is too cute to deny us pictures!
    LOL! As soon as the husband gets called to clip at that farm again, we will for sure have pictures! I wanna see it myself!

thank you for sharing! How cute, wish the hubby had gotten some pictures or even some video. Gotta love those Danes and Mini Donkeys!

BTW, I love your boy's name! Any pictures of Spartan, you can share?
    Chronicle of My Horse
    Secret Passage Ranch
    **a member of the
    Riders with Fibromyalgia & Adult Re-riders Clique

Quote Originally Posted by VAHorseGurl View Post
    thank you for sharing! How cute, wish the hubby had gotten some pictures or even some video. Gotta love those Danes and Mini Donkeys!

BTW, I love your boy's name! Any pictures of Spartan, you can share?
    Certainly! I see you're in Marshall, we are in the Middleburg area! He's rather famous around here! Maybe you've seen him out and about.
    Here is a link to a picture Lili Weik took of him at Culpeper in July!

http://www.photostockplus.com/home.p...lbum_id=200350
    Let me know if it works!

Oh WOW!! jse, he's truly gorgeous and I can't place him, sadly! I will have to make my way to Middleburg more often.

I have always wanted a Dane, but have had Old English Mastiffs now for 15yrs. This is my last one, his name is Atlas and he's pushing 10.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...s/DSC01420.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...s/DSC01415.jpg
    Chronicle of My Horse
    Secret Passage Ranch
    **a member of the
    Riders with Fibromyalgia & Adult Re-riders Clique

Quote Originally Posted by VAHorseGurl View Post
    Oh WOW!! jse, he's truly gorgeous and I can't place him, sadly! I will have to make my way to Middleburg more often.

I have always wanted a Dane, but have had Old English Mastiffs now for 15yrs. This is my last one, his name is Atlas and he's pushing 10.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...s/DSC01420.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...s/DSC01415.jpg
    Awww how adorable!! Love him! Love Mastiffs too!

I have a brindle female Dane, and she and Casper formed a very sweet bond while he was here. They'd play tag and Casper was always very careful not to step on or bite the dog.

Mack couldn't care less about Lexi unfortunately, so she doesn't have a horse to pal around with at the moment. I don't know how Cloud will take to her, but he generally ignores the dogs where he is now.

However, Lexi loves my barn kitties and will "wash" them all over if any of them come near. I can always tell when one of the cats has been hanging around the dog; their hair is all spikey, and slimey with dog spit!
    The plural of anecdote is not data.