The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PA, where the State motto is: "If it makes sense, we don't do it!".

Default Annual tent sale at Bit of Britain--Oct. 9 thru the 11th....

Anyone going??? Evalee????

I've always thought this was a great sale!!!! Really decent prices....
    Last edited by Cherry; Oct. 9, 2008 at 09:15 AM.
    "I'm not much into conspiracy theories, but if everyone thinks alike you don't need a plot...." comment I read on a Yahoo board years ago--but it still rings true!

I have a question for those going! Is there anyone who could look for Dansko half-chaps for me? They were on TotD several months ago, which makes me think BoB might have some stock still...

I'm going friday!!!!!
    you look vaguely familiar.

"And somewhere -- wherever the racing gods live -- there was unabated laughter at this comeuppance. Karma's a Witch, babe, and so is the Triple Crown. "

I wish I could go, but it's so far away Will it be online as well, or will I have to bribe a COTHer into shopping for me?

I'm assuming you have to actually go to the sale....
    I've been getting tons of e-mails about it, but since I'm not close, I doubt I'll make it Are they just taunting me, or will they take phone/internet orders?
    Y'all ain't right!

Okay, perhaps a silly question, but where is it being held? I'd like to check it out.

~Kerri & Pete
    Chronicle of My Horse
    Secret Passage Ranch
    **a member of the
    Riders with Fibromyalgia & Adult Re-riders Clique

Oxford, Pa.
    you look vaguely familiar.

"And somewhere -- wherever the racing gods live -- there was unabated laughter at this comeuppance. Karma's a Witch, babe, and so is the Triple Crown. "

best tent sale ever. everything is cheap and on sale. as much as I want to go please see the "Economy Sucks..." thread...I MUST NOT BUY THINGS I DO NOT REALLY REALLY REALLY NEED. I MUST NOT BUY THINGS I DO NOT REALLY REALLY REALLY NEED. I need to keep repeating that so I don't get in the car and drive there tomorrow Man I hate trying to be responsible....

VAHorsegurl...their address is on their website...and I am almost positive that sale is only at the store and not online...although they do have a "tent sale" spot on their site.
    "Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

Quote Originally Posted by toeknee View Post
    best tent sale ever. everything is cheap and on sale. as much as I want to go please see the "Economy Sucks..." thread...I MUST NOT BUY THINGS I DO NOT REALLY REALLY REALLY NEED. I MUST NOT BUY THINGS I DO NOT REALLY REALLY REALLY NEED. I need to keep repeating that so I don't get in the car and drive there tomorrow Man I hate trying to be responsible....

VAHorsegurl...their address is on their website...and I am almost positive that sale is only at the store and not online...although they do have a "tent sale" spot on their site.
    Thanks toeknee & ShowMeTheGlory for that information. I guess all I really have to do is google this place and I'll find their website?

Oh, and toeknee, if you want to carpool and you are anywhere between me and Oxford, I'm game for a traveling buddy. We don't have to buy anything we really really really don't need.
    Chronicle of My Horse
    Secret Passage Ranch
    **a member of the

Quote Originally Posted by talkofthetown View Post
    Found it and I'm only 2.5 hrs away! It looks like I may make a visit on Sunday. Heck, I'll be up in that area anyway!

Who needs what?
    Chronicle of My Horse
    Secret Passage Ranch
    **a member of the

Quote Originally Posted by VAHorseGurl View Post
    Found it and I'm only 2.5 hrs away! It looks like I may make a visit on Sunday. Heck, I'll be up in that area anyway!

Who needs what?
    Hey, if you're serious, I'll PM you my phone number and a wish list

Hey, if you're serious, I'll PM you my phone number and a wish list

Sure, let me first verify I will actually be in that area and I may have to skip out on the PA Rennaissance Faire.
    Chronicle of My Horse
    Secret Passage Ranch
    **a member of the

It is only thursday-saturday, 9th-11th.
    "Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

I'm going friday...since I have to drive up to Radnor to walk my course anyways
    ~Drafties Clique~Sprite's Mom~ASB-loving eventer~
    www.gianthorse.photoreflect.com ~ http://photobucket.com/albums/v692/tarheelmd07/

I'm not expecting to go. No money & too much junk already. I assure you that in past years, Ali & I, all by our little selves, made the sale a success for John Nunn. I bet his sale totals drop any year we aren't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Evalee Hunter View Post
    I'm not expecting to go. No money & too much junk already. I assure you that in past years, Ali & I, all by our little selves, made the sale a success for John Nunn. I bet his sale totals drop any year we aren't there.

Well, whoever ends up going, I'm serious. I'm in dire need of some cheap stuff. Please send me a PM if you're willing to keep your eyes open for some stuff. I'm happy to send you a check or paypal, whichever. Drat, why do we live in Florida again?

I don't recall it being that great. I certainly wouldn't drive 2 hrs. I probably won't drive 20 min. But who knows, I might (although I can't think of anything I really need).

Well, whoever ends up going, I'm serious. I'm in dire need of some cheap stuff. Please send me a PM if you're willing to keep your eyes open for some stuff. I'm happy to send you a check or paypal, whichever. Drat, why do we live in Florida again?
    Me too, me too!

PA, where the State motto is: "If it makes sense, we don't do it!".

Toeknee, thanks for correcting the date for me--I was working without a script....
    "I'm not much into conspiracy theories, but if everyone thinks alike you don't need a plot...." comment I read on a Yahoo board years ago--but it still rings true!