The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Can I have a pity party?

Sorry in advance. I'm not usually like this. I just need to vent, I guess. I'm feeling sorry for myself.

I miss my horses. Oh, they're right there behind the house, but my damn job means I have no time or energy to actually ride them. I miss the work, filling haynets and mucking out. Feeding. I don't get to do that because of the hours I'm working.

Rode my young mare tonight and hit the deck three times when she did the drop shoulder spin. I'm fine- nothing damaged. Mud provides a nice soft landing. I'm really thinking about selling her- she dosne't get along with my older mare. I can't turn them out together because my old girl gets the crap kicked out of her by the witch.

I miss my OH- he's working away right now. I've not seen him for almost a month and I just miss him. I guess I'm feeling tired and lonely right now. Parents are on vacation. My friends area all busy with their families.

Damn it, all I want is to play ponies again. I'm sick of my job. Sick of having to deal with everyone else's crap.

Ack, I better stop moaning. I'm gonna go give the horses a hug and fix myself something indulgent to eat. Thanks for reading.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

I'm in the same boat, only its college. I just want to go out and ride and play with the beasties. Instead I'm stuck inside beating my head against the wall trying to figure out quantum theories in the first semester of my freshman year. Thank god I still get to hunt 2x a week, otherwise I am certain I would go insane.
    It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw.

kooki;
    I'm sorry for you, and will join your pity party.
    It's the weather, too, and the lack of sunny, warm, daylight hours. Just think how wonderful it will be to see your OH again when he gets back.

I'll join you in this pity party.

I have been looking for a trailer. I really want to ride my horses but cannot do so. My Arab needs refresher course which is time consuming. My Clydesdale filly needs to be trained of which I do not have the time for nor do I have the training to really train the filly. She was trained to be ridden last summer but she became a different horse - more spooky than ever. I love the idea of having fun with her right now. I am getting different trainer this time.

We were supposed to have this house remodeled and added but due to this STUPID manager, we might not until next year when the stock market goes back up! I just cleaned out my DH's tool supply drawer in the kitchen and need to move it away so I can re-claim it for the kitchen. Boxes are everywhere with no where to go. We've lived in this "tornado stricken" house for six years - it is so downright miserable. It will be ok if only I could ride my girls!

I am so sick and tired of not being able to ride and tired of this house!
    Will get a dream horse!
    More riding, swimming, and rowing, less posting

Things were worse when you had too much company. Just remember alone with a horse to hug is better then time with all your neighbors around

Aw, hope you feel better soon.
    Like equinelaw said, it could be worse, Elphie Go pat your ponies on the nose, tell them all about it, and then eat some ice cream and read a trainwreck. Betcha you smile at least once.

I'll come to your pity party! I'll bring the ding dongs!

I don't have anything to complain about except the heat, though, so you can eat them all.

I'm okay now, but may need one shortly, as today a major grant was reviewed. It got a very decent score the first time around, which is almost unheard of these days, so I want to be hopeful.

I keep thinking, but Ted is okay, my family is okay for now (close calls in the past few months), the barn is okay, lab is okay. Sometimes the other shoe doesn't have to fall.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Me too... i miss RIDING. I have been horseless for ouch 2 yrs but have had something to ride up until this summer. Haven't ridden since August... i'm depressed. HELP! Doesn't ANYONE in northwest NJ have something that needs riding?

Look on the bright side... At least you don't have a girl in your pasture chasing your horses with sticks .

\"For all those men who say, \"Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,\" here\'s an update for you: Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it\'s not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage.\"-

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Look on the bright side... At least you don't have a girl in your pasture chasing your horses with sticks .
    Oh, thanks for that. Cheered me up a bit!

Yikes, I'm so stiff/sore from last night. I couldn't get out of bed this morning. Have a Doc's appointment for tomorrow. I'm thinking I've torn something in my back.

it's not the edge of the earth, but you can see it from here

Ah, the great paradox... work enough to keep them--and find you're working so much you don't have time for them.

I think quite a few of us are right there with you.

Frankly, I don't know how people who work days and don't have an indoor do it in the winter. Already it's only 12 hrs of sunlight, and if you're working 8 or 10 of them, travelling another 1 or 2.... I work 10's. The people who work the 06-16 shift go to work in the (pitch) dark and arrive home in the dark for four months or so of the year. The 08-20 is hardly much better, though there's a scant few minutes of light in the morning, but none at night except in July.

I'm sorry about the mare. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but life is too short to be with the wrong horse. Responsibly finding her a new person is not a bad thing.

Oh--I just read your last post--and I'm commisserating even more. (and I've only ONE beer in the house!) My back just severely rebelled as of yesterday. I am 99% sure it's either a pinch or a spasm from 3 months of trying-not-to-limp on the knee... but it SUCKS. Hurts to breathe. So, I'll have a little brie with MY whine, thanks...
    InnisFailte Pinto Sporthorses & Coloured Cobs
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bits are like cats, what's one more? (Petstorejunkie)

I hate back pain. Hate it, hate it. You just can't do anything. I'm laying on the bed with the laptop on the floor. Only way I can use the computer. I know how you feel. I feel sick from the pain pills too. Hope your back and knee aren't too bad.

I'm not sure what to do with the mare. I just don't like her much right now. I'll check her tack fit, and have the vet look over her to make sure it's not a pain thing. My gut feeling says that she was just being pissy and pitching a fit because I asked her to do something she didn't like.

My hours suck right now- I'm covering for two other people and my boss thinks I can work miricles. I start work at 7am, finish for 6pm most nights- add on 30-45mins for travel, and it's a really long day. Don't get me wrong, it's not this bad usually, and it's still interesting, but, damn it's a long day.