The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Wow I want that horse (Alfie Boy)

Thumbs up Kalvin Dobbs!!!

Was he the ONLY male to ride??? It was lovely, smooth & consistant. He rode it like an equitation course... I really thought I was watching me ride,20+ years abo LOL!!! :-))
    Aefvue Farm Ft.Lauderdale

Yes I think he was.

The land of heat waves and unbearable humidity

Is there a video up from today that can be reviewed and if so can I have the link? I got the first A/O JR jumper class but missed the last class of the day.

TIA!
    "Common sense is so rare nowadays, it should be classified as a super power."-Craig Bear Laubscher

Quote Originally Posted by pleasedaspunch View Post
    Wow Katherine Edgell's round was amazing!!!
    Glad to here Katherine had such a good day!
    She's absolutely the sweetest and that mare is sooooooo nice!

Question Sat Night??

I was just looking at the schedule and it seems they did away w/the big Proff. Jumper Classic that they normally had on Sat. night??

Anyone know why? and what happend to that?!
    Proud owner of a Spicy mare!!

Second round of the small juniors is going. Lyle and Catie Hope won the first round!
    I want to be like Barbie because that bitch has everything!

People get nervous, the Jr/AO's weren't all so hot either.....it is the first indoor show, horses are backed off, less experienced riders don't cope with the usual saint not in front of them and taking them...People need to chill out...frankly what have a lot of you all done? recently I might add. It is easy to criticize from a computer screen but I am sure this meant a lot to some people and to judge the care of their horses from a bad round is just cheap.
    "All life is precious"
    Sophie Scholl

i didn't see the class so I am basing it on the comments I see but it seems to be more than nerves if the majority of the people couldn't ride. Yes I agree this show is the first of indoors and you don't have to qualify so there is opportunity for lesser riders with money to get in. And I wouldn't discredit the folks on this bb, maybe they weren't riding last night but you know what even if they did ride years ago would you discredit a professor with years of experience but retired and now teaching. Knowledge doesn't go away just because the years pass...

LetsChat that is true, but the professor has also kept up with academia throughout the years and never stops learning. You have to have walked the walk at some point to pass judgement on others, otherwise you are giving a subjective opinion not truly based on the reality of the situation. How can someone who has never been in a situation pass judgement on how others from different back grounds and walks of life within those situations handle themselves? If you have never been with a top trainer and been out on the road or sacraficed to go to the shows...then how on earth can you pass judgement from a seat in front of a computer with a glass of wine and some cheese and crackers...of the person about to enter the ring?
    "All life is precious"
    Sophie Scholl

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    LetsChat that is true, but the professor has also kept up with academia throughout the years and never stops learning. You have to have walked the walk at some point to pass judgement on others, otherwise you are giving a subjective opinion not truly based on the reality of the situation. How can someone who has never been in a situation pass judgement on how others from different back grounds and walks of life within those situations handle themselves? If you have never been with a top trainer and been out on the road or sacraficed to go to the shows...then how on earth can you pass judgement from a seat in front of a computer with a glass of wine and some cheese and crackers...of the person about to enter the ring?
    I think you missed my point. Ummm many of us watching, ok I didn't see the jumper class but did get to see the class tonight.... have been to the capital challege for 10 of the past 15 years, yes this year I didn't make it but I have 66% of the time..... I think many people commenting have been there done that, maybe just not this year.... DUHHHHHH you think you are the only one who has shown with a BNT, or been to Wellington, or Washington International - been to all of them with multiple horse and I am on the BB... get a f*ing clue!

letschat thank you -
    I might not have been showing recently, but trained with a old school trainer that would not only have you do flat exercises w/o stirrups, but also jump. How many people still teach this? I worked my way up from s/s to being able to do the jr/open jumpers and then life happened, but I had kept up with my training, just no showing. If my trainer thought that I was not able to show at that height or that my base was not at what it should be I did not show.
    We have all been nervous from time to time, but some of those riders yesterday got darn lucky that they were on good horses.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsChat View Post
    I think you missed my point. Ummm many of us watching, ok I didn't see the jumper class but did get to see the class tonight.... have been to the capital challege for 10 of the past 15 years, yes this year I didn't make it but I have 66% of the time..... I think many people commenting have been there done that, maybe just not this year.... DUHHHHHH you think you are the only one who has shown with a BNT, or been to Wellington, or Washington International - been to all of them with multiple horse and I am on the BB... get a f*ing clue!
    Well obviously you are a very crude person to respond like that. And you missed my point, that a lot of people commenting have not been there and done that...ok...that a person who has been there and done that would not make some of the of the comments that have been made...because while commenting is one thing, having no empathy shows a lack of understanding.
    "All life is precious"
    Sophie Scholl

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    Oh, by the way I haved showed on both the East and West coast. I do not drink wine and eat cheese and crackers in front of the computer, as a matter of fact I do not drink alcohol but a couple of time a year. You should reexamine the word assume.

Assume--makes a a** out of u and me

Quote Originally Posted by wolfatbay2002 View Post
    Oh, by the way I haved showed on both the East and West coast. I do not drink wine and eat cheese and crackers in front of the computer, as a matter of fact I do not drink alcohol but a couple of time a year. You should reexamine the word assume.

Assume--makes a a** out of u and me

It was an example..and touche.
    "All life is precious"
    Sophie Scholl

I commented and I have done my fair share of showing. I don't think it's fair to the horse, that's it. It is just the side of the business that takes advantage of the kind animals we work with and people who don't know a ton about horses but have $$$$ to spend. I saw a girl landing on the cantel of the saddle, like almost off the back, EVERY jump - that's not nerves that's not preparing the rider or putting the rider in the right class. Do a 3' eq class first, jump without irons for security, jump grids with no reins to teach how to ride a good, round jump which happens more when the horses are spooky and also TO RELEASE, yes I think everyone needs stepping stones, but the majority were getting left resulting in landing on the back and pulling on the reins causing the horse to land shallow and inverted, many times dropping the hind end causing a rail. I didn't speak to be mean, it is real mechanics. I think some of the folks were just surprised at the lack of basic riding skills for a jumper class at 3'6".

karigg911 Guest

did anyone see that bay horse go early in the order that stopped at the liverpool?
    Last edited by karigg911; Oct. 10, 2008 at 06:19 PM. Reason: i cant spell to save my life!