The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Wanted: Crupper

If anybody has an old crupper laying around that they don't want anymore, I would love to have it. It doesn't have to be pretty, just functional.
    Thanks so much :-)

Tell me more....tell me more. I am a sucker for a good story. What do you need it for? Tell me about the type of riding you do and the critter you are going to use it for.....LOL.

Seriously, what length do you need? From back of saddle to tail head? I have a shorter synthetic one that will work well for a short back critter. It is ugly but it would work well.

Tell me what you need. I will be more than happy to help. If my synthetic would work for you, you can have it for the cost of shipping, of course. Let me know. I will be happy to help.

I think I still have a leather one. I'll look this afternoon when I go up to the barn. If I forget nudge me.

Hey, thanks for the responses!
    I have a new horse (yay!!!! Love her), she's a QH mare, but a bit long (so the synthetic one might not work well) and I'm using my treeless on her, my saddle was made for my high withered STB, she is not high withered so I'm assuming this could be the problem....when going downhill my saddle slips forward- yikes. I hate to give up my saddle, plus I still use it on my other guy, so somebody suggested a crupper. I hate to buy another piece of equipment, in case it doesn't work out, I'll put it back on here.

I sold my saddle, had the saddle fitter out and still ended up with a saddle that slips downhill, so I guess it's my mare's conformation.
    So, if anybody still has an old crupper they're not using, I'd love to have it.