The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Petrie "Perfect" Boots & Ebay seller Question

Is anyone familiar with the "Perfect" model of Petrie boots. There is a pair up for bid on ebay by "kittybee". Evidently she is in Germany with Petrie connections, as it is an any size you want type of auction. For $299.00 plus shipping, it seems like a good deal. Feed back from COTH members would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Member-Arab Dressage Riders Clique
    RIP Barichello

I have bought those boots from her and she was great!! Faster shipping than the people I know that ordered them in the U.S. and she helped me find my size.

Did you get the "perfect" brand of boots? I finally found them listed on an English site and the Petrie home site. They seemed like perhaps they were not leather outers, but leather inners. Something called "permair" I think. What is your opinion?
    RIP Barichello

I bought my boots from her and she was very helpful and great to do business with. Boots were brand new in a package with tags attached. I saved 1/2 of the price buying from her. Didn't buy "perfect" model though.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddin Pie View Post
    Did you get the "perfect" brand of boots? I finally found them listed on an English site and the Petrie home site. They seemed like perhaps they were not leather outers, but leather inners. Something called "permair" I think. What is your opinion?
    http://www.pilmembranes.com/%5Cperma...r%5Cindex.html

DA-which model did you get?
    RIP Barichello

hello Puddin,

I bought Petrie Perfects from Kitty, however it was not through ebay, it was through her site www.germantack.com. She can get lots of other stuff besides just boots. I think she just redid her site and it doesn't really have any info on it, but you can contact her through it.

I got them for a steal ($200-something?) I don't know how the Perfects compare to the 3000s sold here in the US presently, but I had a pair of 3000s in the late 90s and the Perfects are much nicer, to me. The outside is cut much higher at the top than I remember the 3000s having been.

Kitty did an EXCELLENT job of finding me the right size. They fit like a glove (but I can actually get them on) and they make my legs look very long and slender. Much better fit than the 3000s or even the 7000s I used to own and ordered through Dressage Extensions.

I think she had to order mine from the factory, I don't think she had my size in stock. It took 3-4 weeks to get them, but they were worth the wait.

Eventually I'll order another pair from her, probably a higher-end model, and leave these for schooling.

Very satisfied.

DA-which model did you get?
    I don't remember now already, and I keep forgetting to look at them, but they were on the high end in her store - but since I was saving so much $, I decided to splurge

I've ordered from Kittybee before. LOVE my boots, she had to order them special - I needed a size she didn't have - and they came from Germany in less time than most things I order off ebay that come from America.

HIGHLY recommend. Great experience, she was a dream to work with.
    True North Dressage
    Select Cheval Canadiens for dressage and eventing
    www.TrueNorthDressage.com

I did order the "Perfect" model and they have lived up to their name for me! GREAT quality, and got them faster than my friend who ordered them from a US tack store :-D ! I will order another pair at some point. I am so so so hard on boots and have had less issues with these than any others so far. Including Koenigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Coated View Post
    Here's a little useless trivia: Petrie is the Dutch word for perfect.
    Really?. Maybe in Fries but I never heard that word
    Every time you ride, your are either teaching or un-teaching your horse.

I was born and raised in Holland too, left there when I was 20, never knew that Petrie meant Perfect either

Never dealt with kittybee, but will order my next pair from her based on the reviews here once it's time to replace my current boots. I have an old custom made pair of Petrie boots and Soubirac's now and I love my Petrie's! Can't go wrong with them.

A year and half ago I ordered boots from Kittybee and also ordered extra saddle pads and polo wraps. Everything ordered was as stated. I would order from her again, especially now that the euro is down.
    "You gave your life to become the person you are right now. Was it worth it?" Richard Bach

They are REAL leather, the word permair refers to the type of finish on the boots. See:
    http://www.pilmembranes.com/%5Cperma...r%5Cindex.html
    for a description. It makes the leather more waterproof, scuff resistant, durable and breathable.

My Perfect Petri boots have lasted forever!
    Kitty was great too, we had no problems. We have ordered four pairs now from her and never had a fit issue with any of them.
    Luistano Stallion standing for 2013: Wolverine UVF
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IZPHDzgX3s

I know this thread is a few years old, but I'm looking at buying the Petrie Perfect from Kittybee and was just wondering...these 4 years later, are you all still happy? it's such a good deal! Do any of you have super wide calves like mine? I have 18.5" calves, and if I'm calculating correctly, it looks like the XW width will work just fine.
    Jennifer Walker
    Proud owner of Capt Han Solo+, Arabian stallion http://www.capthansolo.com
    Author, freelance writer http://www.authorjennwalker.com

I bought mine from her eons ago--they are mainly for show, clinics, etc., but end up getting used maybe 3xmonth and look brand new.
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

Anyone have a link to her ebay store? I'm looking to replace my Cavallos...

Found her, never mind! For others:

http://myworld.ebay.com/kittybee/?_trksid=p4340.l2559
    Last edited by countrygal; Aug. 28, 2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: found what i was looking for

Funny that my thread popped up again-as I was thinking that I really, really need to pull out those boots and really break them in. They ended up being a bit big in the calf, but that was possibly a mis measurement on my part. Kittybee had a saddler in Europe put in zippers for me-they ended up being in the back, not the front side's the way Woody's of Wellington did on my Konigs, and they are brass zippers. Again-might have been a miscommunication on my part.

They are nice boots, but I had forgotten what a pain it is to break in new boots, so I just have not done it!! So there they sit, in my closet. If anyone has suggestions on making the front of the calf, right above the ankle bend softer, please pass them along. The last time I rode in them, I stuffed tack sponges in my socks!
    RIP Barichello

I have only heard great things about Kittybee, many of my fellow boarders have ordered boots from her and have had very positive experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by twnkltoz View Post
    Do any of you have super wide calves like mine? I have 18.5" calves, and if I'm calculating correctly, it looks like the XW width will work just fine.
    twnkltoz, I was measured for Petrie Olympics at the Smartpak retail store with an 18.5" calf (over my FITS, so I'm hoping that created the 2 inch difference from my fashion tall boots!) and the biggest calf boot would still be 2 cm too small. I was hoping to get a pair of Petries instead of going custom; not sure if kittybee would be able to get custom Petries at a lower price. I'm thinking of sending her a message through eBay to check if there is a 47 cm calf boot out there ...