The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

It is great to see Press coming full circle and making his way back to you.

So he is a redhead, eh? Those are the best.

Imagine what your daughter is going to say! What an awesome gift to her, as well, to have him return to you guys... now he can live out his days in peace, with the people who love him and appreciate him most.

Can't wait to see pics and hear how things turnout.
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Whew I got a return letter from Imtiaz. Yes yes yes. Pressy will be home in a few days. He decided to let the other half owner handle this and she is who contacted me.

My daughter started to bawl her eyes out when I told her I had her graduation gift. Mr. Presston Weston was coming home.

Isnt it funny how these things turn out. He left us so she could go to school and now that she is finished, he is coming home.

Two or three years ago, some very good friends and fellow Cother had agreed to buy Press for there daughter when he came for sale. They had purchased there tickets from Boston to fly on Friday and on Friday morning, the lady called and said cancell, she sold him elsewhere. It was like getting the rug pulled out from under our feet. He was so close to coming home only to be told, well thats horse business.

So now, to actually know that I am going to touch him, to run my fingers through is God awful thick mane you cant pull, and to touch all those funny swirls he has all over. There is a heaven on earth, I have been blessed by this.

So come Monday, you guys can expect to see pics of the handsome dude once again. Oh, Press Release is an oldenburg. We bought him very sick with strangles as a youngster in hopes we could save him then and we did. His career has had him riding with a great deal of olympians past and present and so its hard to imagine that he has come to this but I am so happy.

Doing the happy dance, Press is coming home. How can I ever thank his owners for doing this for us? hahah She must be a Cother LOL
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Wonderful news--am just thrilled to tears for you!

This is just so happy.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

What a nice story. I always hoped to be able to re-buy the mare I had to sell when I went to college. It would have been a dream come true for me. You are a wonderful Mom to do this for your daughter.

Wow, what a story! I am very happy for your family and Press. I hope that he has a wonderful homecoming on Monday.

IMO you won't be "rescuing him" at all. You'll just be buying him back.

Its not often you get a second chance at things in life - take it.

Oh Sunkissed I am so, so happy for you!!!!

I can't wait to see Mr. Press. This is so cool.

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes reading this. I am so happy for you and Press.

I would give anything to find Chemla and bring her home

I am so happy for you!!!! I got my first horse back a few years ago. He will remember. Be prepared - when he does one of his old things (my guy used to rest his lips on my shoulder) you will need some tissues!! I wish you a long peaceful time with him. You both deserve it, and you are absolutely doing the right thing!

Welcome home, Press!

Default Hay

Please fill us in. This is very, very touching. There are not alot of horse people (except on COTH) who really care. Thank you, I really needed this story today....
    Sorry! But that barn smell is my aromatherapy!
    One of our horsey bumper stickers! www.horsehollowpress.com
    Add Very Funny Horse Bumper Stickers on facebook

I am so incredibly happy for you!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear that he is really home, safe and sound and in your barn.
    To ride or not to ride; what a stupid question!

Thumbs up

What a great ending.... I'm soooo happy for you and your daughter. Oh, and Pressy too!!

Can't wait to see the happy photos of one pleasantly surprised pony.

I'm so happy for you and your daughter too. That's so neat that Press is coming home, for good. Definitely look forward to those photos next week!
    Proud owner of Gus & Gringo.
    See G2's blog
    Photos

It gets more and more real every moment. I am sending a good faith deposit today because there is someone waiting in the woods. Someone who wont be happy with him cause he now has issues. So, I will send my deposit and I am hoping that on Sunday or Monday I can go and pick him up forever. Saturday is our annual horse show in Clanton AL so I cant go before that unfortunately.

Not very long ago, a few years, Press was a solid Prelim, intermediate schooling horse. He was the Training Level high point Champion in this region, a dressage master, a jumping fool. Today, he has soundness issues, he has emotional issues, he has trailering issues and he cant be depended on for much except failure.

Putting him back out to pasture, to be just a horse once more and to set his goals to a level he can achieve once more, to build his confidence again, to earn his trust once more, that will be like heaven. I may never find that horse again but peace will be his. This is why I do rescue isnt it. To give those who have fallen a second chance. And Press, while not really a rescue yet, was absolutely one of those horses who wasnt going to live to a ripe old age. He was one owner away from the auction. I guarantee the Hunter barn who was about to take him on trial would not have kept him. And there investment wasnt nearly enough to keep feeding him worthwhile.

I am doing the right thing. No doubt about it. Getting a stall and paddock ready this morning. Press is coming HOME!!!!!!!!!!
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Do you have any pictures of him back in the old days???

This is such a cool story!
    "My shopping list is getting long but I will add the marshmallows right below the napalm." -Weighaton

Awesome!

For that amount of money- it is worth bringing him home.

It baffles me that the other hunter barn wants him- he clearly has issues.

Can't wait to see pictures of this guy and I am sure he will be thrilled to be a horse again!

FIC