The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Def get him back (for sure)- you've wondered where he was all these years and now you know where he is.

If you let him go- you'll always wonder again.

However, don't put yourself in HUGE debt to save him. See if they would consider a payment plan, a trade (if you have a horse you're trying to sell/place)....

Cheap is probably really cheap- the economy is hard right now and they probably just want him to go to a good home.... They probably figure he will never pass a Prepurchase exam anyways.

Good luck and keep us posted!

YIPEEEEE!!!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Where is he Lori? Do we need to start the wagon train to get him home?
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin

Yes you will get him.

And I am willing to give a dribble for you to get him home- I don't have much to give, but I have a sneaking suspicion that may others will also give some $ to bring him home to you--no need for a loan- he can be our miracle pony for 2008...!

Well, I hope you realize the "voice of reason" thing was merely a disclaimer of sorts as I am well known to go way beyond where I reasonably should for my own critters. I'd be finding a way as well. Best wishes. Have you mentioned this to your daughter yet?
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

hehe you guys are all so wonderful. I thought maybe everyone would think I was a brick short a load here. I am sure he is in the Atlanta area. He was with Imtiaz Annees for a time and I think he might be at Inyazura now. These were the last places I knew him to be standing for sale.

I will not go deeply into debt I promise. After all, I can go to the same auction cant I. I know they will work with me, after all, they are paying big bucks monthly to keep him with a trainer and sadly, he doesnt pass Vet. So, his value is nothing, really. I am sure it costs 800 or so a month to keep him for sale, think how much I will save them. These are good people, I have worked with them before and I am sure they will do what is right for Press and myself. I had an opportunity once before to purchase him but way out of my league and didnt. this time, he will be in my range or they would not have contacted me.

I will post everything I knwo the minute I hear back. I told them yes, he is sold, Sold to me. I will take him home and work this out. So, when I can tell you guys where he is, we can all put our heads together. I need to bring him home and he needs to come home. The road has ended. I can hardly wait now.

Now remember, Nov 8th is volunteer appreciation day here at the farm. An even better excuse to come now, you can meet the redhead of which I speak LOL. And visit your own special friends.

This was the RIGHT decision cause it feels so good.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

And pictures! We want pictures!

You will never regret bringing him home to where he belongs. Once he is home you can give him the forever home he deserves. Finances always has a way of working out.
    I would get him home in a heartbeat.
    I am sure that with the current horse market situation that you are actually doing these people a favor.

I have a truck and trailer if you need help hauling.
    Busy Bee Farm, Ellijay, GA
    Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly
    Way Back Texas~04/20/90-09/17/08
    Green Alligator "Captain"

Let us know when he's home!! I let go of a very very special one years ago (had to) and still think of him all the time, even dream about him. He's gone now (or the oldest horse in the world). I still miss him. I'm so happy for you!!

Oh great he is over near Athens? He is at least at a good barn there, my friend used to board her old eventer there when she was in pharmacy school at UGA.

Glad he is in GA and you won't have far to go to pick him up.

Yay for Press and Yay for the owners who did the right thing.

Ok Imtiaz Anees does have him. He is in Newnan GA. He is owned by both the lady that contacted me and by Imtiaz. The lady will give me her half but Imtiaz wants his $1000. There is a hunter barn prepared to pay $2000 for him on Friday. I wrote Imtiaz as well did Karen (his other owner) and begged him to give me till Monday to come up with the money. I can do it. So, all I need is the $1000 and that wont be that hard. Karen will eat her $1000 to see him come home.

I told Imtiaz what he already knows. The hunter barn wont keep him. He WILL throw someone once too often and he is going to go to auction. There is no doubt. So, with his one half owner on my side, I know he is coming home. I have my horse show on Saturday and we will be close to Newnan and Sidepasser also will headed this way with a trailer and so, we will get him back here.

I just hope Imtiaz has a heart. That he realizes since he knows first hand how I followed Press. I met Imtiaz in Kentucky 4 years ago when I saw Press was entered there. hahahah I know he thought that blubbering woman was insane but I begged him then to let me know if ever he was for sale. He was only the trainer at that time. Not his choice but he will remember. I stopped him in the warm up arena LOL.

I cant wait to post pics. I still have all his photos from his growing up years. Pressy will be so happy. hahahha of course, its a new barn but his old friends are still here. Same pasture, same friends.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Good luck with getting Press home. How lucky that you've been able to keep track of him. Press doesn't know how good he has it!

Well, there are loans, and there are loans, if you know what I mean.

We are SUCH a group of enablers!
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Best wishes for Press! I know he will be happy to be home with you and your daughter! There is no doubt I would have done the same thing...well, actually, I did! I tracked my old first pony down years ago, and after several years of keeping tabs on her, was finally able to bring her home to my farm. She retired here and I had almost 10 more wonderful years with her, before she passed last year at age 44. You're doing the right thing!
    Crayola posse~ orange yellow, official pilot
    Proud owner of "High Flight" & "Shorty"

Congratulations snkstacres! That is so wonderful.

do you have any photos of him for us newbies who don't know his whole story from way back when? i know i would love to see him as i often regret losing track of the only one i ever let go of too. can't wait to see him! best of luck and congrats!

I moved in 2000 and had to leave my horses. It about destroyed me, even though I got them settled in good places.

Well, fast forward about five years, and I had the chance to get one back because she was too old (27) to be a lesson horse any more. All I had to do was pay her shipping. I did it gladly and she's 31 and still fat and healthy.

Then, lo and behold, I got the chance to get her son, a gelding, back. He was the one I lost track of and, like you, had some sleepless moments over. I had to pay $1,000 and his shipping.

Those were two of the happiest moments of my life! Seeing the shipping trailers pull up and drop the ramp and those beloved faces peer out.

I'd be glad to chip in the cost of a Starbucks or two for you, if needed.

Take the loan and get him back. Seeing him in your own pasture and knowing he is taken care of the way he took care of your daughter will be well worth the $$ + interest.

eta: Will this guy maybe take payments?