The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jump Start Entry Status is UP

The entry status for Jump Start is now posted.

We are in. Yay!

Holy giant horse show, Batman! That's a lot of people!

Here's the link (thank for posting):
    http://www.keeneland.ponyclub.org/Ju...tEntry2008.htm
    Click here before you buy.

I had a scare... My last name was spelled wrong and for a second I thought we didn't get in...

I hate to bombard them with emails, but I guess i should let them know they havwe my last name spelled wrong....
    -Chelsie
    "Hell yes I can ride. I was riding when I fell off!"

Hmmm. I withdrew almost a month ago, and my name is listed.

Ah, tikidoc, why'd you withdraw? I was hoping to have a beer with you.

Deltawave,

Yes, it is very large. The Beginner Novice riders have to do their x-country on Sunday. Last year, Novice on up rode their SJ on Sunday.

For the long range weather forecast, it looks like the end of the week will be sunny and in the 60's for highs and down into the 40's for lows. The weather folks haven't given their guess for the weekend, though. Even if it is back into the 70's, it is a huge change from last year's 90's. Thank goodness!

Wow. I got in. I sent my entry in right before the closing date.

This is our 'move-up' to Novice. And after the two kick butt lessons I had this week, I'm sooo ready!

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

Wow! Looks like I'm going to end up with no voice by the end of the weekend with that many horses!
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

This is my guys move up to novice. I hope it goes well. I also sent my entry in on the monday before the closing date. I hope all is well for every rider next weekend. I have always loved jumpstart it is a good HT.

Quote Originally Posted by Fence2Fence View Post
    Wow. I got in. I sent my entry in right before the closing date.

This is our 'move-up' to Novice. And after the two kick butt lessons I had this week, I'm sooo ready!
    I'm in too!

Also our "move-up" Novice... had a great lesson on Tues though... he stuck two strides in a one stride and STILL took the oxer with fake plants under it from nearly a standstill - but he went! Huge improvement from last year

Quote Originally Posted by gully's pilot View Post
    Ah, tikidoc, why'd you withdraw? I was hoping to have a beer with you.
    CB's still off with that hind end strangeness, dragging his right rear toe. X rays were clean, both stifle and hock, so I dunno what's going on. JumpStart was supposed to be our move-up to novice. So instead, I'm going up to Lexington on the Tuesday after JumpStart to bring him to Hagyard. Hilary and Marbles are still going to JumpStart.

And no WAY Rocky is ready for a real event - you saw how he was at your place. He needs lots of schooling before we can get through XC. Rocky is going to SC for the Jim Wofford clinic in November though.

I might bring Rocky up to your course for another schooling day soon though, I'll bring the beer for afterward...

Quote Originally Posted by tikidoc View Post
    CB's still off with that hind end strangeness, dragging his right rear toe. X rays were clean, both stifle and hock, so I dunno what's going on. JumpStart was supposed to be our move-up to novice. So instead, I'm going up to Lexington on the Tuesday after JumpStart to bring him to Hagyard. Hilary and Marbles are still going to JumpStart.

And no WAY Rocky is ready for a real event - you saw how he was at your place. He needs lots of schooling before we can get through XC. Rocky is going to SC for the Jim Wofford clinic in November though.

I might bring Rocky up to your course for another schooling day soon though, I'll bring the beer for afterward...
    I just had a thought... Have you had a chiropracter come out and look at your horse?
    -Chelsie
    "Hell yes I can ride. I was riding when I fell off!"

Bummer; I hope you get to the bottom of it. Shrapnel's out, now, too--Syd's still got the mystery lameness. What am I gonna do without my peeps? I'll have to go drink with the Kiwi.

Definitely come school. Beer is always a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Mickey View Post
    I just had a thought... Have you had a chiropracter come out and look at your horse?
    Not yet. I am taking him up to see Dr. Gomez at Hagyard. I understand he is the sport horse expert up there, and that they take a multidisciplinary approach. So we will see what they find up there, if anything, and if they look at that aspect of things. If they don't, I'll ask about it. I am not aware of any horse chiropractors in our area. I live in the land of the backyard rackin' (notice that is spelled rackin', not racking) horse.
    Last edited by tikidoc; Sep. 27, 2008 at 09:09 AM.

Not yet. I am taking him up to see Dr. Gomez at Hagyard. I understand he is the sport horse expert up their, and that they take a multidisciplinary approach. So we will see what they find up there, if anything, and if they look at that aspect of things. If they don't, I'll ask about it. I am not aware of any horse chiropractors in our area. I live in the land of the backyard rackin' (notice that is spelled rackin', not racking) horse.
    Dr. Adair is a "good" Chiropractor....vet at UT...reasonable price too. Tom and Ginny brought acouple horses up there. Not sure how much of a difference it made...

Oh, hey, Hilary. I might go the chiro route if they don't find anything at Hagyard. I just emailed Nick to ask if he knows if that's part of Gomez' routine lameness eval. Rocky had a bit of chiro work done in TX when he was young and growing unevenly, and it did seem to help him move a bit free-er, though not dramatically. Wouldn't surprise me if the darn horse doesn't even drag his toe for Gomez, given his extra time off and joint supplements. I suppose we might want to put him on a longe before we go up to make sure he's still doing it....

Dr. Gomez is excellent! Good choice on vets

Not yet. I am taking him up to see Dr. Gomez at Hagyard. I understand he is the sport horse expert up there, and that they take a multidisciplinary approach. So we will see what they find up there, if anything, and if they look at that aspect of things. If they don't, I'll ask about it. I am not aware of any horse chiropractors in our area. I live in the land of the backyard rackin' (notice that is spelled rackin', not racking) horse.

Did you all see that the fences are also posted???? http://www.keenelandponyclub.org/ (Click "view cross-country jumps available for sponsorship").
    Proud supporter of SprotHorseRiders.com

I saw that--not sure if it's this year's jumps and it certainly doesn't look like the whole course.

*praying for no drop fences!!*
    Click here before you buy.