The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Same guy who had the red barn over off 926 and 100..Yup its the same guy.
    He's no spring chicken 60's for sure
    Drove down to try a horse of mine, brought Molly the daughter w/ him.
    then tried to convince me to let him represent horse @ WEF and get me 3X the $$.
    Sure Mark and here sell this bridge.

Run, get on your horse and run. He tried to sell me two racehorses he did'nt even own or have anything to do with. He's wanted from Maine to Spain. I think he should be in his 60's now.

Quote Originally Posted by ASB Stars View Post
    The one that I referenced was in the late 70's- how the hell old is this jerk, now?
    This is really funny! I remember 3 people that bought horses from him in the 70's. Back then there weren't any WBs, so if you wanted to show you had a TB. One horse was actually OK. The the others ....... I was thinking the same thing.. how old if this guy! There are a ton of great horses on canter midlantic and canter pa right now. You could also look into the canter owned horses. They've already been started! Stay away from Bliss.

Colorful Colorado Guest

As of November 2009, complaints or information about Mark Bliss dba- Roosevelt Stables - Pound Ridge Farm can be lodged with the Bucks County District Attorney's office Detective G.M. Langston 215-348-6350 or email him at
    gmlangston@co.bucks.pa.us

If you or someone you know have had problems please contact/email Langston with the information.

Default More on Mark Bliss

I sold a nice broodmare through wonderful Mark in about 1997. I got what I wanted for her but it was odd. He said someone wanted to pay $XX and it was considerably lower than the listed price (on his old website www.twentytwentystables.com). He immediately came back and offer was met. Then he sent me a check and, of course, it bounced. He did make good on it (sounds like I was lucky). The new owner did tell me not to send the papers through him because she would never see them.

Several years later I sent two hunter prospects for sale. He wanted them up in New York so they went there (with three Rambo blankets and two old (the good ones) Baker blankets). He said his daughter loved them and that they would really make nice hunters. He then wanted to take them to Florida to be near where the circuit people were. Long story short, he kept telling me they were really turning out to be fancy hunters and he could get something like $60K before showing any. This went on for months and I started to get suspicous. I asked him if I could call Don Stewart (or someone - if they were as fancy as he said) and he said no (I don't recall the excuse, but he knew his time was up milking me for my money). He then asked if he could send them to a friend of his farther south to be right where the show people were. I said OK and I paid $1K per horse per month to keep. I don't think they saw a blade of grass or grain. I finally got them out of there (he caused many problems with that also) and go them to a trainer in NC. They were STARVING - it took MONTHS to get them to not be embarrassing to show. It ended up the French TB had to be euthanized, he contracted EPM in his environment - he was so run down he got it.

When I confronted Mark with the condition of the horses, he said he was not in charge of them after he moved them. Well he was the one who wanted them down there to be near potential buyers, he didn't say he was dumping them off.

If I could only meet Mark in a dark alley and have some juicy loaded weapon on hand ...

I can't believe someone this crooked has been conning people for decades and he keeps getting away with it. And I think his daughter is in on it also - father of the year. He gives horse people a bad name.

Oh, he claimed to not know anything about any blankets I sent with the horses (I shipped them in winter and he specifically requested blankets for them). It would be interesting to go through wherever he is holed up with stolen horses and find out how many stolen blankets, halters, bridles, saddles, etc, etc are there.

Default current contact info...

I have it, if anyone wants it. PM me.
    I'm a sucker for a hungry horse, and they know it!

OMG please do not tell me he is still SCAMMING unsuspected people.

There is enough stuff on this board and the WHOLE internet to keep anyone with any horse knowledge 100 miles away from him.....geez what a sleaze hasn't changed his MO/spots in 40 years.................he really should sell bridges or used cars...........better yet realistate in Florida..

He just posted one for sale on CANTER Mid-Atlantic; "Laugh".

Yeh offered the horse to me last week...said it was a Turf horse lightly raced.

Does he even own it or have rights to list it???

Quote Originally Posted by unclewiggly View Post
    He's no spring chicken 60's for sure
    Drove down to try a horse of mine, brought Molly the daughter w/ him.
    There was a really good event rider (Young Rider) in the 80's named Molly Bliss. Is this his daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by judybigredpony View Post
    Yeh offered the horse to me last week...said it was a Turf horse lightly raced.

Does he even own it or have rights to list it???
    Just did a quick look on his history. He's been raced 20 times since he started in 5/09. Last year or so, an average of once every two weeks. Only four of these races have been on turf. He's been bounced around owner/trainer wise. His last listed trainer is Charles DeMario - and the owner is listed as Twenty Twenty Stable.

onthehill I did the same when he called me and determined that few Turf starts did not constitute calling horse "turf" horse.

Jleegriffith, you made a wise move. He usually lists on Handride.com and puts up photo of horses sire not horse. Never clear if he even owns the horse.

He needs to be banned from advertising or selling or boycotted at best.

Shame is horses will languish but you will never be sure you bought something he was entitled to sell in the 1st place.

Molly Bliss his daughter from what I recall was a top winning pony hunter rider don't know if she moved to Eventing. They were from NY now NJ.

Wow, is he still kicking around? I remember him in NY from the early 80's. Bad checks and all...amazing he has been so successful at cheating people.

Hate to resurrect an old thread but he posted a nice gray on canter pa the other day. Was going to call but glad I found this old thread. Is there a list of trainers somewhere on the chronicle that outs some of the unscrupulous trainers so I can stay away?

I work for a Vet and someone called this am wanting a pre-purchase for a horse from this guy. She must have seen this thread because she said she heard bad things about this guy - so of course I had to look it up. I also found this, look who he was involved with:
    http://lancasteronline.com/article/l...slaughter.html

Anyway if the person who called has the exact address please pm me. I am shocked this guy is in my neighborhood and want to make sure the local horse community knows about this.

Flying Hippotamus' first link makes it look as if Kelsey duped Mark. LOL. Wonder what the truth is there?
    "If you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em."

If this is the guy with the email poundridge2020, then he is currently advertising TBs in the Chronicle and in the Blood Horse, calling the operation Blue Valley Farm Inc. w/phone # 267-221-5292.

It does amaze me that as much as this man has screwed so many people, he is still kicking around. I myself won't have a thing to do with him.
    Race training and retraining Thoroughbreds.

Well, I purchased a mare from him 30 yrs ago in NY. She is still alive and kicking. He was the only one that had decent TB's back then. I just vetted her out and that was that. Of course, back then you didn't have those 30 day tranq. either.