The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2 Horses Left for Dead - Posting for a Friend

I am posting this at the request of Cheryl,, who runs Horse Rescue Relief & Retirement Fund, Inc. The horses in question did not come from her farm. She's asking if anyone here in GA recognizes these horses - trying to find out where the Heydon's got them.

http://horseleftfordead.blogspot.com/

(Thanks Choco for finding the prior thread):

“I have a horse rescue organization in Cumming, GA. These two men came to my farm wanting to adopt 4 horses for the summer then bring them back. They said they were going on a trip of a lifetime together, father and son. Admirable? I thought it sounded like a nice experience. After speaking to them a while, they had no horse knowledge, no trailer experience and didn't have any use for the horses after their trip. I had a gut feeling NOT to let them have any horse now or later. I am glad my gut speaks to me. I would have been devistated if it was any horse in my care that this happened to. I am sick to my stomach seeing any horse treated like this. It is absolute cruelty.
    When they left here, they were heading to the local horse auction facility to see what they had cheap. These horses once belongs to someone who cared and loved them. I hope the owners never find out so they can be spared the heartache of this suffering.
    Cheryl Flanagan
    www.savethehorses.org
    horseinc@aol.com
    Last edited by CHorseFarm; Sep. 25, 2008 at 03:04 PM.
    www.savethehorses.org GA Horse Rescue
    [url]

There is some other information on the other thread...we are a creative bunch, but even we have difficulty coming up with sufficient punishment for these two ...well, believe it or not, I can't come out with enough !^*@&~%!@$% words to describe the Heydons.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Isn't it possible to recreate the route they took from Georgia to Montana? I would think there has to be some trail of purchases along the way.....I would think they would be under investigation by the arresting office and that office could have access to their financial records and try to determine where they bought the trailer, the horses, etc. buy looking at their recent credit card and bank records...
    Crayola Posse: Mulberry

How heartbreaking!! Imagine leaving the horse tacked up and tied to a log to die!

jeta: I think that is what Cheryl is trying to do - find out if these horses came from GA (or wherever). Apparently these two "people" had come to her rescue wanting to adopt from her for their "big adventure", but she turned them down.
    Oh, and sorry - I didn't realize this had been posted before.
    [url]

<>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

The Heydons make me sick. No words to describe. NO ONE is that ignorant, they just didn't care. Can't think of a punishment just yet for them, but I will.

Just read on TheHorse.com that these 2 creatures face [B]1 YEAR IN JAIL[B] . That sucks - I hate lack animal abuse laws. Maybe other inmates will make them feel, ummm "welcome", if ya know what I mean.
    Just googled addresses for them - this is sick, too - one lives on a street named Saddle Horn - wonder if that's where they got the idea? Too bad he didn't live on Desolate Island Road in the middle of the ocean.
    [url]

I hope Bubba likes them. And all Bubba's friends.

But I also hope any financial assets from these two are frozen and turned over to those caring fir the horses before they get to jail.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

This was all over Fugly.
    The Rocky Mtn rider publication has an article on it.
    The reporter is Dorinda and she is great!
    I think the website is www.rockymountainrider.com but that may be wrong.
    Go to fugly and check it out.
    Everyone should contact wsbtv and all. Even though the big murder trial is going on, maybe a reporter will go interview them. The Atlanta TV stations are great for helping with aninal rescue and abuse cases.
    The bitterroot humane society has these horses and some others and needs help. The horses have corneal ulcers that were infected for weeks before the 2 women rescued the horses. So the eye doctor was to come look at them this week.
    The Heydons are just north of Atlanta. Anyone know them?

No one knows them...
    [url]

http://www.provincecity.com/GA/Woodstock/
    http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/14341/MT/US/

This story shows up in some small papers but not in the larger circulations such as the Atlanta Constitution.
    I did a search on these guys, but couldn't find anything - I was curious as to who these vile, useless individual scum-bags were since I'm near Woodstock.

Would it be an idea to forward this story on to someone with mass media power? Neal Boortz? He's an avid animal lover.

I can't think straight I'm so angry right now.
    www.littlekentuckyfarm.com
    Thoroughbred Training and Sales

What about alerting Ellen about the case? She seems like someone who may be interested. Just a thought!
    RIP Disco (6/8/2000 - 4/1/2008)

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoMom View Post
    What about alerting Ellen about the case? She seems like someone who may be interested. Just a thought!

I think that's a great idea!! I just got an email from the Humane Society of the US about a segment that is going to be on Ellen in the near future about Proposition 2 - keeping livestock in small cages for their entire lives.

Here is the email address: humanesociety@hsus.org

Can't figure out how to get in contact with the Ellen show but I'm working on it.

This is what I got off her web site - http://ellen.warnerbros.com/show/respond/?PlugID=10

Quote Originally Posted by CHorseFarm View Post
    No one knows them...
    What can be done here locally in Georgia? Has the press been notified by anyone on this forum? If not, I'm willing to make the lives of these two bastards a living hell.

Quote Originally Posted by LKF View Post
    This is what I got off her web site - http://ellen.warnerbros.com/show/respond/?PlugID=10

Thank you. I sent a message with a link to the story and the photos. Hopefully someone will pay attention...

LKF: I'm with you - let me see how to link this to Boortz. Too bad Wes Sarginson retired -he was a huge horse-supporter. Be right back ....EM sent to Boortz. We'll see

Oh, and would y'all like to picket their homes with me? Nah....too much wasted time...even 'tho they're near...can't believe they live near us - yet no - one knows them from the HR community...not a shock.
    Last edited by CHorseFarm; Sep. 25, 2008 at 09:42 PM.
    [url]

JAD - you will have to let us know if you hear anything back! I was at work when I posted the idea of contacting Ellen. Thank you for following through with that.
    RIP Disco (6/8/2000 - 4/1/2008)

I email Boortz last night along with 2 links of the story and the graphic photos. I really hope he mentions it on his show today (AM 750 8:30 to 1:00).
    The reason why I think he would say something is that he hates stupidity and would love to humiliate a couple local asshats.

I pulled up an address for one of the men and I am familiar with the subdivision (white collar $$).

Anyone know any Western/cowboy folks here in Georgia to inquire about the brand in question?