The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Not only that, but, why should the saddle be used on a different horse than the one it was made for - that will make the saddle conform to a different shaped horse, too! Weird that they would even suggest doing this.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

I love my CDW had it for about 2 years got it used. About 7 years old now. Absolutely no complaints it has held up perfectly and love the feel, quality and fits my horse great. Would definitely recommend buying one.

I'm bumping thus up, because I was told recently that CWD's were made in Argentina, but I always thought they were made in France?

I bought mine in early 2012, it definitely came from France.

Love this saddle. My horse is a big-bodied Trakehner, wide shoulders. The tree points did not need to break-in...it took me a few rides to get used to the balance and really feel solid, but my horse moved better than ever the first time we rode in it.

The only 'issue' I had with CWD was that the billet straps are such nice, thick leather...I had to use my teeth to get them buckled the first time. I was in a panic to get into my lesson. Moment of weakness.
    Lifestyle coordinator for Zora, Spooky, Wolfgang and Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird! View Post
    I'm bumping thus up, because I was told recently that CWD's were made in Argentina, but I always thought they were made in France?
    Definitely NOT made in Argentina. They are made in a France. I heard it as well and researched it myself. It is definitely a rumour!

I got my saddle in January of this year, and it is a very lightly used 2012 model. My horse loves it, and so does my butt! I got mine through the CWD office in Burbank with help from Lisa Duke in Alberta and it was an easy, smooth transaction.

Also went through Lisa Duke, she came out to fit several horses at our barn. Was very pleased with all the information she had, her personal experience with the product, and most of all with the difference in all of the horses when she got the best-fit demo saddles on them. CWD was a pretty easy sell for me, the change in my horse's movement was dramatic...and his previous saddle wasn't awful or anything. Lisa also asked a lot of questions about what I liked and didn't like in other saddles, and watched me ride in the demos, and the options that she recommended were excellent. I've ridden in this saddle extensively for over a year, really nothing negative to say about it.
    Lifestyle coordinator for Zora, Spooky, Wolfgang and Warrior

I was under the impression they were made in Morocco. I really love how comfy mine is, but I just can't get a flap size to fit my leg correctly, so it has to go and CWD just doesn't seem to work for me

Quote Originally Posted by rugbygirl View Post
    Also went through Lisa Duke, she came out to fit several horses at our barn. Was very pleased with all the information she had, her personal experience with the product, and most of all with the difference in all of the horses when she got the best-fit demo saddles on them. CWD was a pretty easy sell for me, the change in my horse's movement was dramatic...and his previous saddle wasn't awful or anything. Lisa also asked a lot of questions about what I liked and didn't like in other saddles, and watched me ride in the demos, and the options that she recommended were excellent. I've ridden in this saddle extensively for over a year, really nothing negative to say about it.
    Totally agree! Lisa fit a father/daughter in our barn for CWDs and came out to check the saddles as they didn't fit the horses after muscling (both horses new to them when they got the saddles) and I got her to pop them on my guy. He is quite fussy with his back, and while my old saddle fit ~90% according to the fitter, he just did NOT like it. He went extremely well in the demos, moving much more forward and freely. Lisa was very knowledgeable and was awesome about finding me a saddle that fit great in my price range! Would definitely recommend her to anyone in the Western Canadian region.

I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

Quote Originally Posted by reay6790 View Post
    I was under the impression they were made in Morocco. I really love how comfy mine is, but I just can't get a flap size to fit my leg correctly, so it has to go and CWD just doesn't seem to work for me

Some saddlers get their hides from Morrocco. Don't know if that is the case with CWD. I know Pierre Jolicoeur gets his from Morrocco. But when my saddle shipped, and I stalked its progression, it came directly from France from Bordeaux country.

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean83 View Post
    Horrible customer service. I had the rep out 3 times to look at the saddle on my horse it was MADE for because I said the saddle bridged and was making his back sore. Rep said it fit fine, back soreness must be from something else. Switched back to old saddle, back soreness went away. Switched to CWD back soreness came back.

I FINALLY got a saddle that fit the horse that it was originally supposed to fit exactly one year after I had ordered the original. The horse was sold shortly thereafter. I found that the original saddle I got did not fit most warmbloods. The paneling was very angular in the back causing pressure points on the outside. It also sit very pommel high causing my balance to be off. The current saddle I have has the flat panelling in the back and I'm fairly happy with it. I don't actually have a horse anymore though.
    Had a barn mate with the exact same experience. CWD acted as though she was crazy when they messed up measurement/ordering. I have a CWD now and love riding in it but the customer service will have me shopping around next time I'm in the market for a saddle.