The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Smile What does Jimmy Wofford like to eat?

I know, strange topic. However, I am catering a 2-day clinic being taught by Jimmy Wofford on November 1 & 2. I will be serving breakfast (beverage/muffin/coffeecake/similar); lunch (sandwich, cup of soup, salad, chips & beverage); and afternoon snack (cookie & beverage) both days.

Does anyone here know what Jimmy Wofford likes to eat? Any allergies? Any real dislikes?

I am thinking a vegetable soup, turkey, swiss & apple sandwich, and some sort of fall type of green salad for Saturday. Then maybe a cream soup (potato/tomato/butternut squash or pumpkin or lentil), cranberry rosemary chicken salad sandwich, another fall type of green salad for Sunday.

This is just a tentative menu ... subject to change of course. Might go Mexican/Hispanic on Saturday and do some sort of tortilla wrap instead of turkey. And maybe chili instead of vegetable soup.

Before I go too far with my menu planning, I was hoping someone on this Board knew Jimmy Wofford and might be able to give me some guidance.

While the food will be for everyone, I certainly don't want to prepare anything that the clinician cannot eat!

Thanks in advance.

SCM1959

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

How about calling his farm and asking him? I'd certainly trust that information more than what I might get on here (not that what you get here is bad, just that from the farm... yeah... more reliable)
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

Trout, pheasant, quail, duck, I just read his book!
    RIP Kelly 1977-2007 "Wither thou goest, so shall I"

"To tilt when you should withdraw is Knightly too."

Why don't you call him and ask him? His number is listed on his website. he is a very nice man,and I am sure he would appreciate your asking his preferences.He is a real gentleman ,so don't be afraid to ask him yourself.

I would guess that he is not a picky man. Guys that are as adventurous as he is tend to have great appetites and have a love of all things edible.

However, I'm sure you could call and/or email him and ask. He'd probably appreciate it, and he IS a hoot to chat with.

Oh please don't change the menu you posted!! I am going to that clinic and it all sounds soooo delicious!!

And I ditto calling him directly. He is very approachable.

Thanks, everyone. It did not even occur to me to just ask him. I don't know him at all and felt like maybe it would be a bit bold to bother him. Also some people don't want to seem picky and won't give real answers when asked directly. They say, "oh, well, whatever you make is fine" ... and then it turns out that they did not tell you that they are allergic to strawberries or they are vegetarian, and there you are stuck.

To GiGi, hope you got the e-mail from the Organizer and also from me regarding the food and the opportunity to sign up ahead of time to save $$. If you didn't, you could PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you the e-mail. The menu will be pretty much what I posted, maybe a tad different depending on recipes/local produce, etc. Looking forward to meeting you!

SCM1959

Talking

DON`T SPOIL HIM!!! Just give him leftovers.
    If you are too nice, and feed him treats, he`ll just start to nip, and you`ll have to smack him.

Last time I was at one of his clinics, he brought his lunch...packed by his wife. I think he likes the time to himself. I'm sure Nacho would like a treat, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SCM1959 View Post
    What does Jimmy Wofford eat?
    Gum chewing riders, wearing multicolored breeches, with purple saddle pads and matching two tone petal bell boots...

Originally posted by Denny:

If you are too nice, and feed him treats, he`ll just start to nip, and you`ll have to smack him.
    Oh, that's hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by denny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by subk View Post
    Gum chewing riders, wearing multicolored breeches, with purple saddle pads and matching two tone petal bell boots...

These are both great! And one of them is true.

Quote Originally Posted by denny View Post
    Glad to see you're feeling better, Denny!

Yes, for sure, just ask him and he will tell you. But don't be dissapointed when he doesn't hang around and visit. He usually just grabs a snack and heads off to his rental car for a quick nap and some time to himself. If it rains, make sure you have LOTS of extra rain gear.
    And don't forget to come armed with some good questions for the Q & A session the first morning. You can pretty much ask him anything. Enjoy!

CROW!
    \"I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed.\"--Pogo

Coffee and diet coke.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JMarcyQuay View Post

So much more fun here than on the Dressage board!
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

JCW prefers to be alone, Dahling. He is also a lurker around this forum. I think an alarm bell goes off in his house when his name comes up on the boards!

I remember him liking a newspaper too, though can't think of one in upstate SC that I would ever read!!!

I don't go bothering Jim on his break with silly questions about my horse or logistical questions about the clinic that can wait. He gets plenty of that stuff day in and day out and actually does have an active life outside the sport!