The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Intro to Eventing clinic get together

Who is going the night before? I will be hauling up the night before. How about we coordinate where to stay and get together for dinner if it is not too late?

I think that's a great idea. However, I think there are several intro to eventing clinics going on...which one are you referring to?

there is one in Georgia...near athens!
    if anyone is interested...

you can go to www.dhfeventing.com and get the info.

Opps, me bad...I was referring to the one at Holling's in Ocala next month.

There are three of us from my barn coming down, and I think it'd be a blast :-) The other two aren't COTH'ers (yet haha), so I'll check with them - although I'm almost positive they'd be up for it. I have no clue what all is down there. India is looking into Hotel info for me.

well, there is not much right around the hollings farm. but stuff closeby. back at the interstate. maybe 20 minutes. i live in williston, about 15-20 away(other way from interstate.) we have a small motel in town. the williston motor inn. it's nothing fancy, but clean, and cheap.we also have a couple of really good home cooking type places to eat. all around menu, steaks,chicken, seafood ect....if anyone wants that info, let me know. i can give out the motels number. you should call early though, we have all of the natural springs here in town and the divers fill that place up on the weekends during the summer and fall months.
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

Once the ride times are set I'll know if I need to come down the night before or the morning of, but if I come the night before I'm in.
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin

Ooh yes! Any info is great! (And I'll share w/e India sends me if she doesn't post it herself).

So anyone already booked at a hotel/inn?? If so - where?
    Last edited by Sudi's Girl; Sep. 16, 2008 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Spelling..AGAIN ;-)

I have an LQ so I'm staying at the farm.
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin

I haven't booked yet but would be willing to share a room.

Ok - Well I'm doing some more research into the hotels in the area - I'm sure we can work something out!!

Is no one else trailering in the night before??

I have hotel info!! :-)

8.5 miles from Farm
    Red Roof Inn 352-732-4590 Newest hotel
    Days Inn 352-236-2891
    Comfort Inn 352-629-8850
    Quality Inn 352-629-0381

(no clue on prices yet)

red roof is very nice, not sure i would stay at the days inn or comfort inn(have not been there in awhile, could have changed) and the quality inn is just ok.
    oh, and they are all right at the interstate exit.
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

Good info! - Thanks!!

I stayed once at the Days Inn at I-75 and Hwy 40. It's a tough place, the traffic roared all night, and I wished I had brought my gun. The only good thing is I'm a sucker for Waffle House hash browns and there's one across the street. I wouldn't stay there alone again. HTH.
    T3DE 2010 Pact Group
    Barefoot Eventers Clique
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...2lkxcbn110.jpg

Looks like I will be going down the night before and staying

Hey guys - how fun that you are all getting together!! That hotel info actually came from me - from Jenn - so I am sure she has the inside scoop on where to stay. I will have ride times by the first of October for you. We have 3 spots open - please spread the word - I don't have any contacts in FL so there is really no way for me to advertise this - I put it on the HJ forum today. My only contacts are with eventers - but we are trying to also recruit non-eventers! Any ideas - please let me know.

Thanks for all of the enthusiasm - Jon and Jenn have a great day planned!

Hey - I need everyone to e-mail me and let me know exactly how many nights they need stalls and how many horses - I know some of you have been in touch directly with Jenn - please, please go through me for the stalls and the lessons at this point. It's too confusing for her to try to coordinate when I am the one doing the clinic for her. Please e-mail me when you are taking private lessons if you have gone through her or if you want to take a private lesson. I want to be able to hand her a very simple schedule with all of the info - thanks!!

indiawatson@comcast.net - please send this to me as soon as you can - let your counterparts know if they don't check this - I will compile all of the e-mail addresses this weekend for all of the entries and send it out as well. Thanks!!

Just sent you an email, am very interested in lessons and getting in as much training as I can while I'm there

Ooooh, I have been too tied up in trial prep to see this, but we are coming down the night before as well.

Jaeger, I'd like to join you in staying in the LQ, but mine has no shower So, if I can figure out an easy way to get clean, I would like to camp with you

talkofthetown, arnika's daughter and I will be coming down on Friday, and I'd like to do a lesson Friday as well -- I'll email you, Grady.

We will need three stalls

Thanks!

libby
    *Proud member of the Hoof Fetish Clique*
    I have Higher Standards ...do you? Find us on FB!
    Higher Standards Custom Leather Care -- Handcrafted Saddle Soap