The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Results from Conyers USDF BC

These are unofficial results from my notes from this weekend's USDF BC shows in Conyers GA.

Southern Hospitality Breeders Classic I

Champion Filly - Soliloquy MLW, 2006 Hanoverian filly by Stedinger out of Wintermaske by Weltbekant, breeder Mary Lou Winn, owner Andrea Hayden
    Reserve Champion Filly - Basho SCF, 2006 KWPN filly by Jazz out of Olivia by Idocus, breeder Stonecrest Farm, owner Anne Schmidt

Champion Colt/Gelding - CF Rockin Robin, 2008 RPSI colt by Routinier out of Tiarenia O by Flemmingh, breeder Centaur Farms, owner Gina Benson-Cook
    Reserve Champion Colt/Gelding - Dewar H, 2008 KWPN colt by Rousseau out of Tiger Tops by Wellington, breeder/owner Julie Ballard Haralson

Champion Young Horse - Soliloquy MLW
    Reserve Champion Young Horse – Abacus, 2005 KWPN colt by Tchusinski out of ???? by Ferro, breeder ?????, owner Anne Schmidt

Champion Mare - Wolkenstanza MLW, 2004 Hanoverian mare by Wolkentanz I out of Rohanna by Rohdiamant, breeder/owner Mary Lou Winn
    Reserve Champion Mare - Eu Claire, 2004 Belgian WB mare by Lotus T out of Saba by Stauffenberg, breeder/owner Andras Szieberth

No stallions

Champion Mature Horse - Wolkenstanza MLW
    Reserve Champion Mature Horse - Eu Claire

Grand Champion - Soliloquy MLW
    Reserve Grand Champion - Wolkenstanza MLW

Materiale Champion - Fuerst Independence, 2005 Hanoverian filly by Fuerst Gotthard by Aquataine by Alabaster, breeder/owner Linda Crabtree

Southern Hospitality Breeders Classic II

Champion Filly - Basho SCF
    Reserve Champion Filly - Royal Elegance, 2006 Oldenburg (GOV) filly by Royal Prince out of Wichenshow by Wolkenstanz II, breeder/owner Sherry Smith

Champion Colt/Gelding – Babalou, 2006 Oldenburg (GOV) colt by Balou du Rouet out of Coeur de Championne by Coriander, breeder Stephanie Severn, owner Grace Specher
    Reserve Champion Colt/Gelding - Basil MG, 2006 KWPN gelding by Lancet out of Miloma by Goodtimes, breeder ?????, owner Dona Nita

Champion Young Horse - Basho SCF
    Reserve Champion Young Horse - Royal Elegance

Champion Mare - Wolkenstanza MLW
    Reserve Champion Mare - Eu Claire

No stallions

Champion Mature Horse - Wolkenstanza MLW
    Reserve Champion Mature Horse - Eu Claire

Grand Champion - Wolkenstanza MLW
    Reserve Grand Champion - Eu Claire

Materiale Champion - Fuerst Independence

USDF BC Southeast Region Championship Final

Champion Filly - Soliloquy MLW
    Reserve Champion Filly - Dedora HF, 2008 KWPN filly by Jazz out of Zamantha Jones by Metall, breeder/owner Julie Ballard Haralson

Champion Colt/Gelding – Beaudacious, 2005 KWPN gelding by Ijsselmeer out of Jambalaya by Argus, breeder/owner Sandi Lieb
    Champion Colt/Gelding - San City, 2006 Hanoverian colt by San Remo out of Bounty by Bolero, breeder Marefield Meadows, owner Linda Crabtree

Champion Mare – Wolkenstanza MLW
    Reserve Champion Mare – Wolisa, 2003 KWPN mare by Rhodium out of Sisa by Democrat, breeder Angenent de Brujin, owner Donna Nita

Champion Stallion – Fabayoso, 2004 ISR/ONA stallion by Freestyle out of Finesse by Fine Young Addi, breeder/owner Sara Warner
    No other stallions entered

I have to add that there were some AMAZING horses at this show. Jos Sevriens, Julie Ballard Haralson and I have been watching the breeding scene in this area for nearly 20 years now, and we all agreed at dinner this weekend that the quality has improved by leaps and bounds, esp. over the past 5-7 years. Big congrats to our regional breeders who are doing a phenomenal job putting GREAT foals on the ground.

And a very special CONGRATULATIONS to Mary Lou Winn, whose homebred mare Wolkenstanza MLW was superb every single day. Mary Lou also had some super success this weekend with Soliloquy, her homebred Stedinger filly (owned by Andrea Hayden).
    Last edited by DownYonder; Sep. 15, 2008 at 05:12 PM. Reason: corrected a placing

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    And a very special CONGRATULATIONS to Mary Lou Winn, whose homebred mare Wolkenstanza MLW was superb every single day. Mary Lou also had some super success this weekend with Soliloquy, her homebred Stedinger filly (owned by Andrea Hayden).
    So, Mary Lou, it certainly sounds like it was very worth the trip to GA! Very hearty congratulations on your excellent results with your 2 homebred mares! Yeah!

Congratulations to everyone else too!

Many thanks to the wonderful folks who put on this great weekend of shows!

I agree with Chris. The quality at this show was staggering. The classes were all quite tough. I would not have wanted to be a judge — hard decisions. Some of my favorites were Dedora, Eau Claire, Dream Catcher, Abacus, Basho. I was so proud of my own homebreds who showed very well with the handling team of Sterling Graburn and Andrea Hayden. It was a weekend to remember for all time for me.

The show was well run, had a wonderfully friendly and helpful staff and our fellow competitors were just superb folks. As usual, I didn't manage to get my own horse out to enough shows to count for year end awards, but Soliloquy will be in the running thanks to Andrea.

I had one weird/ eerie goose-pimply part of the whole weekend. Both days when Stanza was winning her biggest prize of the day, they were playing "I Just Called to Say I Love You" in the background. Years ago I used to sing that to my dearly loved and missed first Hanoverian Gipetto when I'd clean his stall. It was sort of our song (sorry to be so sentimental, but it is what it is). It seemed kind of amazing Saturday, but when it happened a second time Sunday, I got goosebumps. I felt like my Geepers was saying, good job, Mom.

DownYonder is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Home Again Farm View Post
    I agree with Chris. The quality at this show was staggering. The classes were all quite tough. I would not have wanted to be a judge — hard decisions.
    Yes, Jos turned to me while he was pinning the Filly Championship class on Satruday and said it was a tough decision. I think he wanted to put sashes on 4 or 5 of them!

I had one weird/ eerie goose-pimply part of the whole weekend. Both days when Stanza was winning her biggest prize of the day, they were playing "I Just Called to Say I Love You" in the background. Years ago I used to sing that to my dearly loved and missed first Hanoverian Gipetto when I'd clean his stall. It was sort of our song (sorry to be so sentimental, but it is what it is). It seemed kind of amazing Saturday, but when it happened a second time Sunday, I got goosebumps. I felt like my Geepers was saying, good job, Mom.
    That is really weird. I was the one doing the music and I was just slapping CDs into the player at random. I'm so glad it turned out that way for you!

The other cool thing was when - again at random - "We Are The Champions" started playing on Saturday while they were judging the Colt Championship.

LOL - Chris I figured the "We are the Champions" song was on purpose LOL!!!

Mary Lou - huge congratulations are in order. There were a few of us with fillies that kept coming in just under the wire that were HOPING that Mary Lou would not enter her fillies/mares into the championships so that the rest of us would have a shot - sigh, but she just wouldn't do it!

The competition up there is always quality and tough and it seems that it gets harder every year. You could have knocked me over with a feather when Jos placed my Emma (Emerald Fire) 2nd in her 2007 class - I was REALLY not expecting it as almost everyone around me can atest to - I had to run back to the barn to get her, I'd put her up thinking she was done for the day (there were 10 or 11 fillies in that class that day and 99% of them were amazing).

Great show as always, and it was fun to see everyone that we only seem to see AT the shows each year!
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post

That is really weird. I was the one doing the music and I was just slapping CDs into the player at random. I'm so glad it turned out that way for you!

The other cool thing was when - again at random - "We Are The Champions" started playing on Saturday while they were judging the Colt Championship.
    Well I loved the serendipity of your CD slapping. It was an ahhhh moment.

I noticed the timing of the other song, too. Very cool.

Wink

Yeah Marylou & Andrea!!! We won't be able to live with either of you now will we???
    Seriously, congratulations are in order. What a wonderful time you must have had. I need to get down to Ocala to check on my 3 girls & want to look at these great mares again. See you then!
    Producing horses with gentle minds & brilliant movement!
    www.whitfieldfarm.shutterfly.com

SOunds like a super weekend! Midwest Breeders Group helped with a sponsorship. I can't wait to see photos. I was so happy to get the text that Babalou had won the colt championship on Sunday.

Please post the photographer's link!

Original Poster

Well I loved the serendipity of your CD slapping. It was an ahhhh moment.

I noticed the timing of the other song, too. Very cool.
    The music collection had been put together by show organizer Destre Meyer. She handed me a set of CDs and I had no idea what was on any of them until they started playing. It was overall great music!

Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by HFSH View Post
    SOunds like a super weekend! Midwest Breeders Group helped with a sponsorship. I can't wait to see photos. I was so happy to get the text that Babalou had won the colt championship on Sunday.

Please post the photographer's link!
    Congrats, Babalou looked great!

Photos will be at http://www.freseframephotography.com .

thanks for the link!! I'll be watching for the photos.

Congratulations everyone!

Thumbs up

Well done Mary Lou and Andrea!! I'm so happy for you both

ML, it must be so nice to get such great recognition for your breeding program. You put so much into it and have worked so hard over the years. And I don't know anyone who is nicer, more helpful, or a better ambassador for the breed! I'm just doing the happy dance for you
    Y'all ain't right!

Congrats to Everyone!!!!

A special congrats to ML on her wonderful horses and this couldn't have happened to a nicer person.