The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Arrow (Region One Championships) BLMS

The closing date for CBLM's is coming up pretty quickly (September 22, I think), is anyone going from here? What level and horse?

I'm taking a sales horse out at Third Level, assuming he doesn't sell before then. I'm also absconding with my mom's darling Andalusian stallion next weekend to do the Morven Park show, the last BLM qualifier; I'm cautiously optimistic he'll get the score. He'll also go at Third.

I really like how the BLMs divide by rider experience instead of Open/Amateur status. Very smart.

I am taking my 4 year old Hanoverian to do Training 2 just because there is no training 1 and he just needs the miles. Next season we are going to try to qualify BLM and GAIG in Training Level.

Quote Originally Posted by dressagediosa View Post
    I really like how the BLMs divide by rider experience instead of Open/Amateur status. Very smart.
    I'm glad they do, too, if you're showing at 3rd!
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

I am! Second Level, and maybe my 2nd level freestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pony Fixer View Post
    I'm glad they do, too, if you're showing at 3rd!
    Haha, thanks! All of my horses are between levels, so it's fun to have some client horses to show - especially nice ones!

I'm hoping for a little dryer weather than the R1s last year, I think the boots I wore are still drying out.

Ain't that the truth. I am pretty sure it rains that weekend EVERY year. Yuck!
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

Quote Originally Posted by JRey View Post
    I'll be there with two, one in the training championships and one in 2nd and 3rd level.
    Hey Jrey! I hope to compete against you this year! Are you bringing the lovely bay you were going to bring last year at Regionals?

I qualified at 4th but can't find a room within 50 miles of the place so won't be going. Good luck to everyone though and I hope the weather is delightful!

Quote Originally Posted by JRey View Post
    No Unfortunately the injury that kept me from Regionals last year was the injury that ended his career! He retired early this spring. *cry*.

I have a young sale horse in the training champs (that is actually being vetted tomorrow! cross fingers!) but the new owners want me to compete him in the class anyway. And if the sale goes through, a new horse will be coming next week or so... we'll bring him too (definitely 2nd, possibly a 3rd level test or two as well).

I'd love to come watch your freestyle! I always say I'm going to prepare one each winter for the next year... but it never goes as planned! Maybe this winter
    Aww, I'm sorry. I hope to show my freestyle- I should get the 65% this weekend, I got a 78% on it at an non-blm-recognized show earlier this year. I changed the music this week, from nice safe Billy Joel, to OutKast, MGMT and Gorillaz! It fits my horse much better I think, and I hope it's a crowd (and judge!) pleaser. I'll show it a couple more times before I decide which one I'll take. Musicals are so much fun, and not as hard as they seem to make . . . I think I've desinged 7 or 8 now, test design and music compilation and all.

Maybe I'll finally get to compete against you in the 2nd level class! I don't think I'll do third, even though I need the scores for my bronze. I think if I start schooling the changes again, he'll throw them into my 2nd level test. He's a change addict.

No, I aged out this year! I'm an adult ammie now. I'll be in the "Not competed above 3rd level" senior class.

Default Yep!

We are bringing 2 horses at Second Level, and 2 are going either 4th, PSG or I1 & MFS (can't remember the qualifying rules about which you can compete in together).

Keep your fingers crossed that we qualify for training, first and second this weekend with the Morven Park crew!

UPDATE: First and Second Level qualified today!
    Last edited by CapitolDesign; Sep. 20, 2008 at 06:12 PM.