The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Lady Rebecca - Missing Horse from Charles Town

So, being that my last thread was removed due to some compliants. I have been told by the moderator I am not allowed to name names, etc.. So. Last location was Charles Town race track June 2008, One person says she is in FL another person says she is at a rescue in Middleburg that takes TB mares and breeds them. A bit of an oxymoron for a rescue. Anyhow. The mare is a chestnut 16 hand 2003 model, star goes into a strip ends at top of nostrils and if memory serves she has left hind sock. If someone knows where she is please PM me.
    www.hilltopfarmva.com

Facebook: Hilltop Farm VA

Can you not track her down through her last trainer or owner?

Any chance that she would have been sold through an auction?

I don't understand why you can't state facts such as who the last trainer of record was. That is fact and not speculation. Who was the last trainer?

OP did say who the last trainer was. Last trainer's Mommy came on;line early this am and threaened to sue OP if she said one more word. Then Mommy had the thread poofed.

Mommy said she worked for a law firm and made many threats and admitted she had refued to tell OP where horse had gone and threaneted OP even more if she even tried to ask where the horse is.

OP can now post no more then she has up there in this thread.

Trainer had horse and its now somewhere else, but trainer will not even communicate with OP except trough threats of lawsuits on a BB which Mommy calls a blog.

Of course Mommy and her friends were brand new posters. . . .

Mommy knows where horse is and knows OP just wants to make sure horse is safe and happy, but refuses to tell her anything and told her it snot her business and if she doesn't stop asking Mommies lawyer friends will sue sue sue!!!!!!!!

Are you allowed to post her tatoo #? Thats a fact not opinion or slander. I feel like it'd be hard for someone who doesn't know her to identify her for sure with out it.

I hope you find her!

Oh... send your stuff to fuglyhorseoftheday.com she ALWAYS names names!

Good idea--Fugly works for a law firm. It could interesting.....

Sad thing is someone just wants to find out a horse they bred is still safe...makes
    you wonder, doesn't it. Certainly, hope Lady Rebecca is well and happy. Just don't
    understand why it has to be a secret if she is. Very strange....
    Julie
    www.centaurfencing.com
    Safer, Stronger, Lasts Longer!
    Godspeed BARBARO--Run fast and free!

From Equineline.com

Owner From Most Recent Start: James D. Smith
    Trainer From Most Recent Start: Gregory Viands
    Jockey From Most Recent Start: Paul A. Nicol, Jr.

Go ahead and sue me for posting PUBLIC FACTS !!!!

ugh! what a sad mess.

I would be suspicious of the people who are threatening the OP over what appears to be on the surface a small, routine matter that could easily be answered "ahh, the Lady Rebecca resides ___________. Feel free to follow up on her."

Such sturm und drang over simple information about the whereabouts of a mare does led to speculation that the answer isn't sunshine and roses.

How old is the trainer that Mommy has to leap to his/her rescue? How embarrassing for an adult to still require such mothering.

I hope she wasn't sent to the killers for $200, but why else would they not discuss a retired racehorse? One has to wonder...

-----

Most recent trainer was Gregory Viands

Quote Originally Posted by DickHertz View Post
    From Equineline.com

Owner From Most Recent Start: James D. Smith
    [B]Trainer From Most Recent Start:

Go ahead and sue me for posting PUBLIC FACTS !!!!
    Please remove this post. The Mods will be forced to shut the thread down again if names are used.

We know its the rigth name as his Mommy came on to defend him and used his name too, but the thread has to stay open so OP can find the horse!

EquineLaw- I agree with you and I want this thread to stay open to find the horse... I also think its funny that people on the hunter/jumper board can say they're glad that Paul V. got kicked by a horse and almost died but we can post information that anyone can get for $6 on equineline.com

Also you can find the orginal thread that was removed if you google it.

Hey, I read the original thread. It was pretty horrid. No doubt lots of people will be reading it by googling it now, but the Mods said no names on COTH about this case so. . .

And the FATMOMMY person was ranting about working as a secratary in a law firm where they do not know the differance between lible and slander or a BB and a blog, but whatever. . . . . She "printed out the blog" and showed it to her bosses.

The Mods do not get paid so who can blame them for not wanting to argue with some boys Mommy?

I just hope OP finds the horse. This thread does not have to be for our amusement. Thats what google is for And Fugly. And HSS and Diva and TLB and all the other BB where FATMOMMA can sue all she wants

Crap. Now they might want to sue me

Quote Originally Posted by equinelaw View Post
    Crap. Now they might want to sue me
    I think i'll sue you too... just for fun!

O Please do! I mean, it is fun for me. Its like horseshowing or racing is to the rest of you guys All this "practicing" and not enough fun!

Do you need help filling out the complaint???? Do you want to just do a warm up by having your secratary sue me first? Or your secratary can sue my secratary?

Where's Judge Judy when we need her???
    Julie
    www.centaurfencing.com
    Safer, Stronger, Lasts Longer!
    Godspeed BARBARO--Run fast and free!

I did my google search. I can't find the mare anywhere. I am assuming she is not the famous one from GB

Wow The trainer is only barely out of his teens. No wonder he needs his Mommy to post for him.

Reading entire life story of these people on-line, they seem nice and I just can't understand why they wont just tell OP where the horse is and if she is OK? Is it that hard to just say Lady Rebecca is at X place and here is an update on how she is doing????

I think from the original thread OP's friend just wanted to know the horse was in a good home or have her come back. I'm glad my horse did not dissapear into WV. Thats all too common on COTH these days!

The mother has PM'd me and told me she knows where the mare is, but is not going to tell me. Asked for my number and the breeder's number to relay that to the "new owner". So gladly I gave the numbers. She then comes back with some nonsense that we already have the new owners name and number and that too bad his number is no longer in service. Crap like this gives racing a bad name in the public. I have a bill of sale for every give away so I can present to my clients the name, number and email address and it is up to them to keep in contact, though most people I have given ex racers to keep in contact just the same as people who have purchased show horses from me. I am so upset that something bad has befallen this mare. I had her here in training in late 2006 and early 2007, she was not suited to farm training as she was not a good shipper. She had speed and endurance and I knew she's be a great route horse. I had Kristie send her to a trainer friend of mine for the Colonial meet. Unfortunately she only got one race as it took a bit longer to get her gate card. At that point Kristie no longer had the funds to keep the mare in race training at $45 a day. So, my farrier took her, kept her in training at the training center down here, entered her 4 times at CTown and she never got in. He stopped on her as he got too busy, then in late December he was going to give her back to Kristie. A few days before he was going to take her back, a trainer friend at CTown called me as he loved the Mighty Forum babies for some reason and asked if I had any for sale. I told him about Lady Rebecca, that if he could afford it, Kristie would love to have someone race her as long as they give her back when the racing career is over. This trainer mentioned it to the last owner on record and this guy was very excited to have a free horse to race. He was well aware she was to be given back. The breeder was reluctant to let her go and asked me how much I trusted this guy. I told her I have known the trainer friend for many years and I trust him, but I did not know the guy who wanted to be her new owner. My trainer friend insisted this guy was a good guy and would do right by the mare. Well, he did and the mare looked great in the trainer's care. The breeder went up to the farm just outside of Ctown to see her and she and the "new owner" had a nice cordial friendship. Since my trainer friend did not currently have stalls at Ctown and Lady hated shipping in and had cut her head twice in the trailer, the "new owner" decided he was tired of having her stitched up and moved her to the trainer last listed. This mare was a bit "special" in her head and had her blow up moments. She always needed to be lead up to the track either on foot or with a pony. The new owner would not let the now old trainer give the new trainer any advice as to how to handle the mare and then that led to her last race being at 4 1/2. The breeder heard nothing from the "new owner" and called one day to find out when Lady was coming to Colonial. The "new owner" was very rude to her on the phone and wanted to know why she was calling. This has only been a few weeks since the mare left the old trainer. At that point he tells her the mare hurt herself and that she was given away to a 4h farm in Middleburg and they are going to do surgery on her and then breed her next year and that they love her very much. The breeder asked for the name and number of the new owners and this guy says he'll call her back when he gets it from the trainer. From this point on we have gotten 4 different stories and no one can tell us where the mare is and people are getting angry at me and the breeder for even inquiring. How often do breeders step in to inquire about a horse they bred or even take on back? Not very. I know of a few I had contacted and they were thrilled their horse was not in a kill pen somewhere. I am so tired of this right now. The mother keeps insisting that since the breeder "got rid" of the mare, that basically she does not have the right to know where she is. I keep telling this woman that the breeder did NOT "get rid" of Lady. And since I helped with the arrangement of this mare to my trainer friend I feel partially responsible for this mare going missing. My trainer friend is also putting the pressure on to find her. I went to the stewards on the 1st and they said they would help, called the owner in I have not heard anything more on the matter. The breeder has called the stewards as well and is getting no further than she is with the trainer on record or the guy she gave the mare to. And thanks to all how are helping to look. One day we will get to the bottom of this and I just hope it is a happy ending for a horse that is loved by person who brought her into this world. Sarah
    www.hilltopfarmva.com

Facebook: Hilltop Farm VA

Absolutely disgusting. And these are reputable people? IME, folks get mad and secretive like this when there is something to hide. Red flags all around.

If there was nothing to hide and all were on the up and up, it would be a simple matter to disclose where this mare has gone, especially when the breeder just wants to make sure her girl isn't in a bad predicament.

So sorry for this lady having to deal w/such a sleazy situation. Would any media outlets be interested in this story?

Sarah,

Is it true that there was a bill of sale signed by your breeder friend?

Just trying to figure this all out.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

LOL, again facts are being misconstrued on here. I have no intention of suing you. LOL, never, anywhere did I say I showed this to my bosses. I work for a Real Estate Law Firm you silly goose. And FYI, I didn't have anything poofed from here. You people really are quite hilarious.