The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hotels for Rolex

I need suggestions for a hotel for Rolex. Decent hotel with breakfast, nothing seedy and nothing super expensive. We're coming from IN if that makes any difference. Also when we would need to reserve a room by to avoid not getting one would be great!

Stayed at a nice BednBreakfast except they lied about distance to the HP so we were almost 45 minutes away!

Lots of nice options in Georgetown. Only 10 minues from KHP.
    Only two emotions belong in the saddle: One is a sense of humor. The other is patience.

we used to look in the omnibus to get sugestions of what is around there, ther is always camping too (but you have to get there early, or know someone that will be there early in the week). you should be able to look the omnibus up online (even if it is this years one) or do Hotels.com or something. there are a ton of hotels in the area. Try booking by the first of the year, they book early, especially with the spring races going on in the area too.
    R.I.P. Bourneville Jester 12/06/06

Quote Originally Posted by jumpjesterjump View Post
    we used to look in the omnibus to get sugestions of what is around there, ther is always camping too (but you have to get there early, or know someone that will be there early in the week). you should be able to look the omnibus up online (even if it is this years one) or do Hotels.com or something. there are a ton of hotels in the area. Try booking by the first of the year, they book early, especially with the spring races going on in the area too.
    You want something in Georgetown (exit 126) for a 10 minute trip to the KHP. We have stayed at the Comfort Inn and the Microtel (all upgraded last year - new beds and such) with great success. Everyone marks up their prices for Rolex, so expect to pay a bit more for a room.

I'd reserve now just so you don't get shut out. We usually reserve our rooms for next year when we're checking out!

Good luck!
    Riding: The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground.

A lot of the Georgetown and Lexington motels require a three night stay. I often
    stay at the Holiday Inn Express at the Shelbyville exit...only about an hour from the park. Otherwise I second the Georgetown exit which also has a Best Western. There is a mom and pop motel called the Winner's Circle which is nice and reasonably priced as well.

I recently booked a 10 room block for myself and my students/parents for the weekend at the Best Western Regency in Lexington just off of I75 and about 10 miles from the park.

I originally wanted to book at the Best Western in Georgetown but they didn't have availibility for us. Reserve early!!

There will also be a new Holiday Inn Express in Georgetown in time for Rolex 2009 plus we have a Hilton Garden Inn that's pretty new. I don't remember if it was opened or not for this spring's Rolex. There is a B&B in Georgetown too, maybe 15 minutes from the Park.

We stayed in the Baymont just off Winchester Road last year and loved it. Reasonably priced, about 10-15 minutes from the Park depending on traffic and an decent breakfast. I think that I booked the rooms early enough that they were less than $100 a night, too.

When I was in Lexington in May, some of the hotels were already booked up for the Rolex. I couldn't believe it! I have reservations at the Embassy Suites on Newtown Pike. A 2 bedroom suite with kitchen and living area was $242 per night, so divide that by the number of people staying with you and it may not be so bad. Do NOT stay at the Ramada Conference Center. It's awful.

Last year I stayed at the Days Inn in Georgetown. It was okay. 1 exit passed all the restaurants and shopping centers. I made reservations for next year at the Comfort Inn in Georgetown. I think the rooms are something like $80 a night? Although I made the reservation like 4 months ago!

EconoLodge in Georgetown = Gross. Yick. Lesson learned about finding a room sooner rather than later.

I booked the Hampton Inn in Georgetown with my AAA discount for $75/nt.

Quote Originally Posted by SR Rider View Post
    A lot of the Georgetown and Lexington motels require a three night stay. I often
    stay at the Holiday Inn Express at the Shelbyville exit...only about an hour from the park. Otherwise I second the Georgetown exit which also has a Best Western. There is a mom and pop motel called the Winner's Circle which is nice and reasonably priced as well.
    Yes, this is true, altho Microtel doesn't have a 3-night rule. I forgot all about that!
    Riding: The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground.

Default Hotels for Rolex?

Has anyone stayed at the Winners Circle motel in Georgetown? It's a Mom & Pop place -- is it ok?

Some of my friends are staying there on a recommendation from another friend--and this gal could afford to stay pretty much anywhere. She said it was neat and clean and the owners were very nice.

It's OK...there are a bunch of new hotels in Georgetown right on 75 and that is the closest to the horse park as you can get. Most major chains representedincluding a new Fairfield Inn (or is that a Courtyard? ) Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, etc, etc,etc.

Reseve NOW wherever you decide to stay or you will end up a ways away.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Also probably a new Holiday Inn Express at G'town by Rolex

Make sure whatever you chose isn't in a dry county, like our's was last year!

Quote Originally Posted by talkofthetown View Post
    Make sure whatever you chose isn't in a dry county, like our's was last year!
    WHAT?! That county was dry. NAH! You just didn't knock on the right door. Next door had all kinds of stuff. Just ask me.

Cody

Yeah, during Rolex, not much is dry and certainly not in Cody's vicinity
    I've stayed at Winner's Circle a few times; bare bones, but clean and cheap. I prefer the Georgetown hotels for convenience.
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!