The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

am I the only one who thinks 'sofa' is a riot? I'm laughing my ass off.
    "my pants say tastey?" Reaallyyy

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaandTuff View Post
    One hospital visit, in my life. Freak accident. It wasn't my favorite show of the year, but things happen.

You all think a trainer must immediately mean giving lessons, it doesn't.
    I have no dog in this fight....

but why advertise your hospital visit then? If I was "rider" shopping for my horse, I wouldn't want somebody who's bragging about that.

As for being a trainer, you are just a "rider". Nothing wrong with that, but identify yourself properly. Plenty of people out there that are just pro riders. And if people are paying you to ride their horses, make sure you show in the proper classes as well.
    "I'm not crazy...my mother had me tested"

so.fa here

u send me 1 horse. u send amanda 1 horse. we have training competition. at end of 90 day pro rides we go head to head with youtube video horse show and u b judge of how great we are.

tomorrow i wear tight t-shirt that says peaches across my boobs in big orange letters.

I am fifteen and do not consider myself to be a 'trainer' in any way. I have brought along one greenie before, my own pony. We bought her as a green-broke 6 yr. old and she's ten now, and coming along quite nicely. I would never ever claim to be a trainer just because I've ridden greenies, or brought along my own pony.

Teens who claim they are trainers are often not even close to being good enough to catch ride, let alone train.

The good ones, the ones who have potential to be real trainers, are the ones who stay quiet and humble and let their riding do the talking.
    Rebel Without Cash!

Quote Originally Posted by sofa View Post
    so.fa here

u send me 1 horse. u send amanda 1 horse. we have training competition. at end of 90 day pro rides we go head to head with youtube video horse show and u b judge of how great we are.

tomorrow i wear tight t-shirt that says peaches across my boobs in big orange letters.
    Don't we get to send a horse to a real trainer for comparison? Your proposal sounds more like "How do you want to die? Electrocution or lethal injection?" Good luck finding two people to sacrifice their horses ...
    madeline
    * What you release is what you teach * Don't be distracted by unwanted behavior* Whoever waits the longest is the teacher. Van Hargis

Quote Originally Posted by Giddy-up View Post
    I have no dog in this fight....

but why advertise your hospital visit then? If I was "rider" shopping for my horse, I wouldn't want somebody who's bragging about that.

As for being a trainer, you are just a "rider". Nothing wrong with that, but identify yourself properly. Plenty of people out there that are just pro riders. And if people are paying you to ride their horses, make sure you show in the proper classes as well.
    Good point Giddy-up!!!! If one declares oneself as "trainer" then one must show accordingly

I've been avoiding this but I just can't help myself. I'm feeling fiesty today (I think Tidy Rabbit wore off on me a little from the whole hospital bed thread ). Anyway what about this thread: http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum...d.php?t=163572

I mean. OK. We go from "yay my bf is paying half my way", "I've lost confidence so I hope the new person I'm riding with is better" "last trainer skipped basics" etc to "I'm a trainer and I work my butt off for everything I have paying my own way..."

Sorry. Just can't help but connect the dots. Best to use that "aspiring" thing I was talking about earlier as sweetie---you are NOT a trainer of anything if you say you need to start slow, missed a lot of the basics, and are in need of enough lessons to get you "started again". We can all have set backs and even trainers need trainers but just a page or so ago you said you didn't need anyone to hold your hand when your horse bucked...apparently you need hand holding for something though don't you?? Don't give up your dream - just be smart about achieving it.
    Lord Stanely, Lord Stanley - come back to Pittsburgh!!!
    http://www.chronicleofmyhorse.com/profile/2_tbs
    *** I LOVE PUIKA FAN CLUB***

Sofa, are you visiting from HSS?
    Rebel Without Cash!

so.fa here

u r all just jealous
    You realize your tag line says unTIE not uNITE right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jealoushe View Post
    so.fa here

yes i kno. that is what is called a clever use of irony. good for u to catch it. u smart. so.fa do all things on (and with a) purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by 2 tbs View Post
    I mean. OK. We go from "yay my bf is paying half my way", "I've lost confidence so I hope the new person I'm riding with is better" "last trainer skipped basics" etc to "I'm a trainer and I work my butt off for everything I have paying my own way..."
    I wasn't even going to touch on those, but umm..yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Jealoushe View Post
    BEST post of the day!! Thanks for making my Friday!!!

so.fa here

yes i kno. that is what is called a clever use of irony. good for u to catch it. u smart. so.fa do all things on (and with a) purpose.
    so are all the young trainers uniting or untying here? And are THEY aware of what you all are doing?

So.fa - who are you?? You are killing me!!! I was sorta laughing at your responses on the missing horse thread and now you are here just adding to the nonsense and I just can't take it anymore!

I don't want to "out" you necessarily but c'mon...spill the beans...pretty please *instert begging googly eyed smiley*
    Lord Stanely, Lord Stanley - come back to Pittsburgh!!!
    http://www.chronicleofmyhorse.com/profile/2_tbs
    *** I LOVE PUIKA FAN CLUB***

I'm 17 and a high school graduate.
    I've been riding and taking lessons for most of my life. I've ridden greenies. I have taught beginners a few lessons on old packers, but definitely not in a long term situation. I have given friends advice on their horses and riding.
    But I would not consider myself a trainer. I'm still learning, not just about horses but also about people and the real world and life.

Even if I had the talent, experience, and resources to be a trainer I'm not sure I'd want to. Training is such a big responsibility- safety and well being of both horse and rider, liability, insurance, etc is just too much responsibility.
    I don't mind a young(er) trainer (not younger than me, of course!) but one in their twenties or thirties, as long as they know what they're doing and I'm benefiting and growing from their training.

Just let those kids say what they want, there's nothing we can really do to stop them anyways. One day they will probably look back on these days and cringe.

Okay, y'all now that sofa is an alter, right? All the tell-tale signs are there.

AmandaandTuff, not so much.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

We removed a bunch of posts and banned the troller. Back to the main topic.

Thanks!
    Mod 1

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaandTuff View Post
    I do have to consider what you call a trainer.

We aren't giving lessons.
    We don't have students.

Pretty much we've learned how to get along without a trainer taking us step by step through everything. I have successfully broken out many horses and finished quite a few that have gone on to win their classes.

I've broken out a few horses that have gone on to be quite successful for whatever their rider wanted them to do. I'm not taking money, I'm not giving lessons, but I don't need someone standing by my side and holding my hand when my horse bucks.

The two of us that did decide to start that are two kids that have taken on projects without an actual trainer. I'll be starting yet another project in the spring/summer, I'll be sure to post many pictures of how she goes.
    You are a perfect example of someone who considers themself a trainer and should not. I pass this judgement by the tone of your posts on this board, pictures you have posted, videos you have posted and experiences you yourself have spoken about on these forums. You are pretty much proving the OP right.

Because you took a green bean and brought it along enough so it could win random classes at 4H and open shows, does NOT by any means deem you a trainer.
    Last edited by Instant Karma; Aug. 29, 2008 at 02:38 PM. Reason: typo
    Erin and
    Instant Karma "Sunny", ShineDown "Liam"

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust the sails."

sofa got BANNED

that's too bad!

AmandaandTuff you have to remember people on this BB do not forget and can pull up all your post past to prove many many points. Before you declare yourself a trainer go back and look at all you've written in the past It shows that you are not (but I guess theres no law againist calling yourself one). Also I would like to know for you and these other trainers which horses on the A circuit you have trained and which ones do your ride in the AA??? Keep riding and keep trying but also remember this

EVEN THE TOP RIDERS IN THE WORLD STILL HAVE TRAINERS!!!!!

So just because you say that you have gotten along and didn't need your hand held all the way doesn't mean crap, I'd love to see you go up againist hmmmmmm let's say Beezie Madden Lets see if that so called hand holding is worth something or not.

Also I would like to know how many of you "trainers" still show Ammies??? Oh, don't forget you have to show pro now, that is if you even show on any circuit. It doesn't include the local pony club or barn shows.
    Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

Quote Originally Posted by rabicon View Post
    Also I would like to know how many of you "trainers" still show Ammies??? Oh, don't forget you have to show pro now, that is if you even show on any circuit. It doesn't include the local pony club or barn shows.
    I was under the impression the AandT is still a junior? If so, there is no ammie/pro designation.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

yep, she is my bad
    Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole