The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

There would have been far more honor attached to the grey stud if he hadn't mounted the younger palomino filly while his mare was in the equine clinic fighting cancer. Although it was nice that he found time to visit her in-between serving his time in the breeding shed.

I would prefer all studs to find the perfect mare for them and mate for life, without infidelity. However, infidelity would be a strange criteria over-all in terms of judging the championship. Ultimately, it has to be about getting in the oval-shaped ring and doing the job they were intended to do. I DO think it speaks to character, but I don't think it specifically translates to power and speed or collection, or the ability to negotiate a difficult course.

Yes. What I meant is that he is very aware of his "stallioness" and very willing to try but doesn't have any foals on the ground..... well I guess he has one

Quote Originally Posted by Chief2 View Post
    There would have been far more honor attached to the grey stud if he hadn't mounted the younger palomino filly while his mare was in the equine clinic fighting cancer. Although it was nice that he found time to visit her in-between serving his time in the breeding shed.
    Oops. YOu seem to referring the blond stud with the expensive mane pulling. I was confused.

I'd have been happier with the Palomino, but the bay is ok with me.

I just hope that it isn't a repeat of Washington 8 years ago, when the little chestnut gelding should have won, but the steward took away his prize and gave it to that horrid little gray. I must say though, I didn't much care for the chestnut's big mare - remember her from the shows back in the '80s?

I think that the bay's silver pair is a good guy, but his performance tonight was dull. Too bad that four in hands aren't an option for this race. Bay plus young silver, along with palomino and silver stud could be interesting. The bay nearside leader, with the palomino off side leader, with silver stud and silver other guy as wheelers, would be interesting to watch. Not sure who would be the navigators, but heck. The driving analogy is new to me.

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

Quote Originally Posted by dizzywriter View Post
    As far as any of us know, the crazy monkey is true as the grass is green. That doesn't equal competence.
    Thankfully, from what has been reported in the MSM, the (Green) Monkey has been pulled from competition. Alas, he is destined for the breeding barn. However, given his performance in other arenas, one can but hope he'll continue to shoot blanks before his unsoundnesses and overinflated price tag is perpetuated.

I, for one, really don't care if a stud spreads his oats. As long as the mare is not penalized for same.
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!

While I have nothing against the palomino, I am glad the bay will be the one in the jump-off, as I feel too many uncommited spectators dislike the palomino because of the silver stud, and while that shouldn't be held against her, we all know how this competition works and it would have been. I do think it would be nice if the bay had a few more competitions under his belt, but I see no reason to keep the best horse down just because he has jumped less. I am very excited as I get to go see his course in person tomorrow!
    The Procrastinators Anonymous meeting has been postponed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief2 View Post

Well spoken!!!
    Crayola posse ~ Lazer Lemon yellow
    Take time to give...it is too short a day to be selfish. - Ben Franklin

Very impressive wordsmithing, but let's save the political discussions for the next OT day.

Thanks!
    Mod 1