The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default PLACED! - Michigan - 4yr old, 16.3H, Grey, TB mare....

Last year I was given this mare by a young lady who could not afford a trainer. This mare was a complete head case from being abused by her former owners (not the young lady) and needed serious help. You couldn't even touch her without her completely trembling from head to hoof.

In the fall of 2006 she was severly injured in a fence accident and both her rear pasterns have scar tissue. With regular exercise and daily sweats, it has been breaking down slowly. The major problem this mare has is she is SEVERELY COLD BACKED. She cannot be ridden without being lunged first or she will try to buck you off. I think this would change and get better with time. The vet said she could be a nice lower level hunter and has okayed her to jump up to three foot.

Certain circumstances have forced me to offer this mare to another trainer or someone working closely with one. She has been ridden by my intermediate students and has three nice gaits. She has a lot to offer the right person who will be patient, kind, understanding and willing to work with her daily. With shows, lessons and training horses, I unfortunately no longer have the time she needs to develop into a nice hunter.

Please PM me with questions. Anyone interested will be required to provide references, trainer name, etc. This is a golden opportunity for someone to have a really nice mare (who is a pretty mover, too). She is in no danger and will stay on the farm until someone suitable comes along.

Video: http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=3d75ab72.pbr

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...r/DSCN2041.jpg
    Last edited by Kingsboro; Sep. 10, 2008 at 11:16 PM. Reason: home found

You have a PM :-)

Jacks Guest

Default 4 yr old ,TB mare

hi i am interested in this mare,i am also located in mi....You can reach me at........517-719-6620......my name is Misty. THanks so much....

I wish I had the time. She was just what I would be looking for if I did. Right now I already am trying to make time to ride my show mare after having my own kiddo 7 months ago. Good luck with the mare. She looks like a sweetheart.
    "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here." ~ Desiderata by Max Ehrmann

ponies4evur Guest

would you be willing to do a riding lease where we split some of the costs I am on a very tight budget but we could work something out.

I sent you a PM. :-)

Jacks Guest

Default Mare

Well i sent u my name and phone number,and i am located in Mi. I would be very interested in giving her what ur looking for however i did not get a reply....thanks, Misty

I'm in TX and would give her a wonderful, relaxing life as a broodmare. I sent you a PM if you're interested. I understand if you'd rather keep her close to you though.

Thanks!

Email me please.... mlranchtx@aol.com

Thanks!

Windancer Guest

I live in MI and was wondering if this mare might be trained for driving. I might be interested in her.

Windancer Guest

Thanks for responding. I drive strictly for pleasure and do not use a whip. As a matter of fact I don't own a whip. I don't think they are necessary. I take my horse to the KY Horse Park once a year for The National Drive and more then once I have been told that I needed a whip to follow the rules of the ADS. My reply was "If you spend enough time learning your horse and helping them understand then you don't need a whip. I think my current driving horse knows what I want before I even open my mouth.

Anyway, I hope you can find her a kind home, she is gorgeous.

This mare has found a dressage home with a wonderful trainer here in Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovejumpers View Post
    This mare has found a dressage home with a wonderful trainer here in Michigan.
    Congratulations on finding a wonderful new home for this special horse! She was very lucky to have found a guardian angel who was willing to take the time to find the right home for her.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg