The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wanted: For Special Olympics Riders

Stable Movements, Inc. is sending kids to the Special Olympics in Rochester, NY this October and with times as tight as they are asking families (especially those with special needs kids) to purchase several hundred dollars of riding clothing is tough.

If anyone has wearable clothes, and we don't care if it is perfect or anything, just in nice enough shape that the kids can show...could you email me at ***edit email address*** colleen@equineartworks.com (I guess my other one wasn't working! so if you emailed and I didn't answer can you resend)? Or give a call 607.339.9832?

We need ladies medium and large dark riding coats
    small. medium and large ladies breeches

Mens Large Western Show gear

Childrens medium and small dark riding coats, breeches, and we will need boots but I don't have sizes.

Basically, we would like to outfit these kids...they have worked so hard and we want them to feel and look as special as they are

Many thanks!
    Colleen
    Last edited by equineartworks; Aug. 21, 2008 at 11:26 AM.

Howdy
    Are you a non-profit (501c) that can provide a tax write off for donations? That would offset shipping costs...PM me please.
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet
    member CDCTA www.cdcta.com, TROT www.trot-md.org & Free State Appaloosa Horse Club freestateaphc.org

Hi Baylady,

The stable itself is not a 501c3, but the Hippotherapy and Therapeutic riding are funded in part through The Riding Connection, which is sponsored by STAT, inc. a 501c3.

I did forget to mention, that we would be happy to reimburse shipping...gosh, it is expensive and we wouldn't want anyone to have to cover all that themselves when they are kind enough to donate something in the first place.

check out tackoftheday.com -

shirts for $19 jackets for $50

I will speak to my daughter about her clothes but as a parent on a budget honestly we have shopped at the Salvation Army or other consignment shops for equal quality jackets (we got a dark navy Ralph Laren Men's jacket for her to ride/Show in) for $3.50 and no one could tell the difference.

I just can't stomach a $200+ jacket for her to grow out of in one season so we make do.

I have a pair of 8 1/2 slim tall boots. They're worn, but just need some polishing to be show ring ready again (they've been sitting in my basement for about 5 years!). If you think you could use them just PM me and I'll send them along.
    Take Your Equestrian Business to the Next Level: http://www.mythiclanding.com/
    Follow me at http://mythiclanding.blogspot.com or http://twitter.com/mythiclanding

I have a ladies or large teens nice dark blue with pinstripe, good quality wool riding jacket, probably about a womans size 10 and a brand new pair of 30 R hunter green breeches(tags still on them), If you'd be willing to pay shipping you may have both. I will mention to the 4-H group perhaps they have some kids clothes that are outgrown.

This is such a great thing for you all to do.

If someone cannot afford shipping please let me know. I have a UPS account will gladly send UPS out to pick up and deliver to Stable Movements.
    "Concern for animals is a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher Stowe 1811-1896

Ponies are cool!

I will outfit one of the smaller kids: Jacket, shirt, breeches and boots.

Please PM me with size specifications. . .

Default Boots

I have a pair of size 7 Effingham field boots that have been sitting in my basement for about 12 years. They are in very good condition. They're yours if you want them. I'll even cover shipping. Also have 2 older-but-still-in-great-shape hunt coats, approx. womens size 4, that are yours if needed. Let me know.
    ~*Friend of bar.ka*~

How about contacting Georgina Bloomberg to try to piggyback on her clothes for college idea? Maybe contact her and see if she has extra clothes that maybe have not been claimed by college students yet?
    It's 2014. Do you know where your old horse is?

"Safety is sexy" - Jimmy Fallon
    #mindyourmelon

I have one maybe two pairs of ladies tall boots, some britches, and a few show shirts. I'll email you for address- and I'll cover shipping!

Thanks to all...I have been scouring the Salvation army, craigslist and places like that. We have a little bit of time (not that much now that I think about it!) and I am hoping that things will come in now that shows are winding down up here.

We will happily take whatever you would like to send, we will share what we cannot use with the other team in our region (they show Western only) and with the other teams from NY. I know with times being as tight as they are parents are going to have to make the difficult choice of not letting their child compete because of cost. These kids overcome odds most of us could not even fathom, I just can't bear the thought of having them not participate in something that is just so darn good and celebrates all that they achieve. Whatever we cannot use immediately for SO, or that the kids in other programs can't use we will add to our inaugural charity tack auction we have planned for the spring for our scholorship program.

Can someone point me in Georgina Bloomberg?

Overthehill...I will check on sizes...I know one of our kids in teeny. Most are wearing adult sizes with the exception of here. I'll find out this week and get back to you.

Thank you all...really...you have no idea what this means to us. My daughter and I volunteer at the stable doing lessons and every day I am there I see something that moves me to tears. My daughter has Asperger's and the program has helped her truly find her way in life, nothing...and I mean nothing, in nearly 10 years has accomplished what riding and volunteering at the stable has. When Theresa asked her if she would like to compete I saw something in her eyes that I had never seen in 14 years...(ok...now I am crying. I'm such an emotional boob)

Here are the addresses, and yes, we are able to provide a receipt for you if you need one for taxes

Donations (tack, clothing) can be shipped to or dropped off at:

STAT/Stable Movements - Special Olympics 2008
    Stable Movements, Inc.
    Attention Theresa Pedroso, HPOT
    18 Smith Hill Road
    Binghamton, NY 13905
    (607)727-7602
    www.stablemovements.com
    tpedroso@stny.rr.com
    or

STAT/Stable Movements - Special Olympics 2008
    The Farm at Nanticoke Creek
    Attention Colleen Cheechalk
    1908 Nanticoke Drive
    Endicott, NY 13760
    (607)330-2750
    www.equineartworks.com
    colleen@equineartworks.com

Please make checks payable to:

Stable Movements, Inc
    18 Smith Hill Road
    Binghamton, NY 13905
    www.stablemovements.com
    or

Southern Tier Alternative Therapies, Inc
    Po Box 1567
    Binghamton, NY 13902
    www.statinc.org

Paypal can go to Theresa at tpedroso@stny.rr.com

THANKS TO YOU ALL, THIS WILL MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE AND I AM OVERWHELMED AT YOUR GENEROSITY.

Colleen, Theresa and Ally

I just wanted to take a minute and say thanks to everyone for their support. We are so overwhelmed by the generosity. I'm just speechless (and very emotional)...thanks

Contact Devonaire and ask about purchasing their seconds. I know they have them from time to time. They are nearly perfect, but there may be a stitch or two off. Perfectly serviceable. Honestly, one trip out ot the barn and they would have the same blemishes anyway. Darin would probably be the most helpful.

Thanks!!!!!!! That's a valuable tip to have!!! I will do that this afternoon

Just a bump for our kids
    I Loff My Quarter Horse & I love Fenway Bartholomule cliques

Just somebody with a positive outlook on life...go ahead...hate me for that.

**update**

Thanks to some really great folks we have a smaller list of what we need for the kids.

If anyone can help us with the following we would be so very grateful.

We still need:

Ladies size 10 tall boots, I believe that calf size is 15-1/2.
    Ladies show shirt sizes 32 and 34 (is that a medium?)

Girls size 2 tall boot, and girls size 10 (not sure what size in little girls riding clothes?!?!) jacket, shirt and pants.

Ladies size 10 western boots, and size medium western show clothes

Mens size 32 western show pants

Our western needs may grow substantially in the next week or two as I find out more about the other kids. They only show western at their barn, and I'm not positive who or how many they are sending yet.

Many thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**update** the little girl gear is on the way. Sending out a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEE THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! to Over the Hill.

Default We are in the news!

We hit the news today!

Here is the link!

ps...Suzi, if you are reading this, he is wearing the shirt you sent!