The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

I just cant even imagine what the owner of the horse will say when you tell her..."Oh, by the way, a week ago, your horse was bitten by BO's dog, and his leg was really swollen for a day or so and had puncture wounds...but I worked for a vet and it looks great to me! So no worries, it didnt get infected...but I did keep it a secret from you since day 1!" I just cant even imagine!! You say you will tell the owner...WHEN?!? Its too late at this point! If you havent told her yet, then why would you tell her next week or the week after? You are too afraid now, so what would change down the road? Okay, so your BO gets pissed you told on day 1, or day 30...BO will still be mad! No place to go is not an excuse to not tell an owner of a horse that her horse has puncture wounds in its leg!!!!!!!!!!! Irresponsible horse people are what make me NUTS!! Its an animals health...an animal who cant tell us if something is wrong...there very well could be an infection in there!! even if there isnt...doesnt make it right!! I just dont get the logic in anything you have posted!
    "If you are nervous you arent focused-if you are focused, there is no room for nerves!"

Quote Originally Posted by AiryFairy View Post
    For those all morally superior telling the OP how she should have lived her life for the last ten years, and telling her "just get out now", regardless of whether or not she has the financial resources or physical ability to do so, consider yourselves lucky that you've never boarded in a shithole and had to stick it out because there were only OTHER shitholes to move to. Good barns, or rather good barn MANAGERS/OWNERS, are not a dime a dozen. I've been in a couple of "good" ones, where the barn managers don't know shit from shinola, can't tell if a horse is 150 lbs underweight and further have no idea how to put weight ON a horse. It's called FEEDING. I've been in places where I feared for my horse's life and in fact he was almost killed by heat stroke when left outside in 95 degree sun with no shade or water, and then left to burn up in his stall for SIX HOURS. I've been in places where there was no bedding except for the BO's horses, no feeding on holidays (and no I am not kidding, I found this out by showing up unannounced to find no one had been there and no one had been fed), and I had no choice but to suffer it out till I found someplace safe and responsible, and that took months. It's NOT that easy.

As for not telling the person whose horse was bitten - well, if you fear for your horse's life or safety by speaking out, maybe it's safer not to, I'd put my horse's saftey before someone else's - sorry. The owner of the other horse clearly knows she's boarding her horse in a shithole, assuming she's actually been there, so where is she?
    Thank you. This was my position exactly.

The problem has been solved, so I won't be posting on this thread anymore. Cheers.

running away wont help you- makes you look quilty

msl- if you truely want out then you have to come up with the goodies
    no one on coth can help you otherwise

see like i said you seeing harshness alll the time yeah we all are harsh when a horse has been hurt through utter------- bad management and lack of care

but - you saying you cant get out-- choice is no ones forcing you to stay
    i dont care what people say as in airyfairy---

somethings not quite right here and people sense that as not all the truth has been told

yeah i have given a couple of snerios towards you

but that because i re hab horses and theres nothing that surprises me

i give you lots of senerios right now and its start------ i have a freind who blah blah
    god i cant tell you how many times i have heard that one and the freind is the same person thats posts
    and most on here know that full well is true

so when you happen to randomely pass your yard-------- raises an instant red flag

and then the depth of knoweldge one has about how there b/o proceeds to do her buisness

perhaps i touch on a raw nerve see truths hurt people either get defensive or they run

in your case you chose the cheats version-- and ran

Wow, I just read this thread and its bizarre. First, the BO has the same quality of boarder that she offers in her facility. Dont any of the owners themselves realize all that stuff is laying out in there horses pasture. Dont they see that there horses are not getting enough to eat. Dont they see the wounds. Do they all phone ahead and schedule a visit or have none of them in 10 years realized there horses are not getting adequate care.

This thread is not worth my time and neither is the OP. She chose her path a long time ago when she went the direction of the BO and I personally wouldnt want her for a boarder so no point offering any help. Clearly, she is her own worst enemy.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

MSL Went and edited out the opening posts of the few other threads she started. Dunno what they were, but she's clearly not here to be open or honest, in my opinion. Sad sort.
    Airborne? Oh. Yes, he can take a joke. Once. After that, the joke's on you.

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    The problem has been solved, so I won't be posting on this thread anymore. Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by pacificsolo View Post
    Oh goody. I'm sure the other horse is still without vet care and you've decided it's too much trouble to leave. Back to square one, eh?

Do NOT ever think we will forget this.
    Nah, poor bitten horse probably went septic from a bone infection and is dead. That buys MSL more time to shop around, doncha know? Or now she can stay because she won't have to look at poor bitten horse and feel guilty (if she can) anymore.
    Last edited by lcw579; Aug. 21, 2008 at 10:16 AM. Reason: spelling

Christ on a crutch, there's this thing called "punctuation", makes sentences easier to read and comprehend. Check into it, maybe?
    Interesting that you prefaced your judgmental rant with this.

Stinky has a form of dyslexia that makes it hard for her to discern how to spell certain words. She's not stupid; in fact, she's extremely intelligent and probably knows more about horses than many of us on this board.

If you actually took the time to read and decipher her posts, you'd find a wealth of information.

I think you're just an alter of MSL or her "BFF". You certainly show the same lack of moral character that she does. Water seeks its own level. So does mud, apparently.
    The plural of anecdote is not data.

So did you move or decide to stay put....

Quote Originally Posted by arabhorse2 View Post
    Interesting that you prefaced your judgmental rant with [I]this.[/I Water seeks its own level. So does mud, apparently.
    And sewage.
    "problem solved"= OP doesn't care anymore (if she ever did)

I don't think that was an alter. I think that one was WORSE then OP.

OP had limted exerience and grew up in that barn. This poster managed to do the same stupid thing again and again and again. Like she is incapable of finding a good barn so its OK to be at bad ones? Or they are all bad? I can't even figure out how this supports OPs argument anyway.

Maybe becuase they both have broken arms and no transport so they cannot feed or buy hay or do many of the things to mitigate a bad situation that would make it bareable?

Are they both blind and not caplible of checking out a new barn, asking questions, looking at the standard of care and making good choices?

I think OPs solutions was not problem solved stop posting. It was stop posting and problem solved.

Smile

"I think OPs solutions was not problem solved stop posting. It was stop posting and problem solved. "

EXACTLY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by laurie13 View Post
    There is no need for such nasty tone. It makes me really sad. I am sorry if I have offended you so much to make you this angry over a little post. I just get sad when I see so much attacking occur and just wanted to express it. I think it is beyond the point of constructive. I dont want to fight, that is not my way. I try to be fair to everyone I come across. I am sorry that you seem to be so angry.

I'm sorry....this post made me laugh out loud.

Christ on a crutch, there's this thing called "punctuation", makes sentences easier to read and comprehend. Check into it, maybe?
    99 posts and you have NO clue.