The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

Default COTH's New Online Only Subscription

Cool! And only for $35 a year. I still love seeing it in my mailbox, though so I'll still continue to get the printed version.

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

I was very excited about the online subscription! I love getting COTH but it's a little more pricey than I can justify, so this was a great opportunity for me. Thanks COTH!

Default Robert Banner

A while back, I sent an email promotion asking bb members if they would support the forums by subscribing to The Chronicle. I got back a ton of replies from folks that wanted the digital version (online only.) The printed version was nice, but it was just too expensive for them. I totally understood, but I couldn't do it just then. At the time, Audit Bureau of Circulations (that certifies our paid circulation to advertisers) did not count online only subscriptions. Now they do! I couldn't be happier!

Each current digital version is available on the left nav tabs of the main site at present. I plan to move to a more conspicuous place, even notify you each week when the new one is posted. I am also talking to some vendors about putting the digital version in a slicker form that offers page turning devices that even replicate the sound of the page turning! It's a new day dawning bringing you a kool magazine in the form you like, at a price you can afford, delivered instantly anywhere in the world. As well, the subscription affords you all access to the entire site. I hope you all will support the offer. Right now, the offer will expire September 30th. Check out the downloadable Olympic Preview Issue on each page of our free Olympic coverage! Enjoy!

Thank you. The online version would be much more practical for me, from both an economic and a lifestyle standpoint!
    "We need a pinned ears icon." -MysticOakRanch

Thumbs up fantastic!

i'm also glad to see this option available. i let my print subscription go because i don't have time to read it all, and they start to stack up after a while. i'll be renewing my subscription (for the online version!) soon; thanks for the headsup, mr. banner, that the price is for a limited time only, that will light a fire under my behind!

I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

Way, way cool! Thanks for listening to our needs! I do love my paper subscription but love that I'll be able to see it in the online format as well.

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

Thanks, Rob! I'm signing up right this minute!
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

Any way we can switch from paper copy to online subscription?

I very seldom get my paper copy read. I do read the online version.

I'm really glad to see this! When I was a paper subscriber, I never managed to read them all, and the stacks were just getting too high! I'll subscribe right away. What fun!
    Barbaro Cultist, Metabolic Nazi

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

I'm a paper CoTH ad addict. The current online material is virtually ad free. I really liked the old PDF edition because all the ads were there.

Is this new one going to be PDF with glossy and enticing ads?
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Fantastic idea!
    What stopped me from subscribing the to hard copy before, was the delay in delivery- as I"m wayyyyy out in Western Canada. The cost was slightly prohibitive, but it was mostly the delay. So- great news for all the International would-be subscribers!!

Edit- I see the price for hard copy has come down significantly (over half?!). Since time is no longer much of a concern, I think I'll go hard copy.
    Last edited by OnyxThePony; Aug. 19, 2008 at 11:17 PM. Reason: adding

Default I just cancelled my print subscription

And am signing up for the online one. I spoke with them last month about an online subscription as I just throw the paper ones away as they come too late and I have already read them online.

yay!!!
    A man must love a thing very much if he not only practices it without any hope of fame or money, but even practices it without any hope of doing it well.--G. K. Chesterton

Default Thank you!

We have too much clutter in our house to subscribe to a weekly magazine. I think I would drown in paper. I just signed up for the on-line version, I am so happy to see this available! FWIW, I don't care for the on-line "page-turning" action, it is often clumsy and hard to navigate. Either way, I'm a happy camper, or rather, COTHer!

I still love getting my paper subscription but I think this is a wonderful alternative and at such a great price.

Default Publisher's note

Thanks to you all for the support! Let me ask, is everyone happy with the navigation on the present PDF digital edition? There are numerous companies (bluetoad.com, travidia.com, zinnio.com) selling software that replicates the magazine experience with "page flipping" devices. You may have seen them in use with certain online catalogs. It is an added expense, but if it is helpful, I wouldn't mind paying for it. Is it a gimmick? Or is the present navigation satisfactory?

I still vote for no page-flipping software; it's just an annoyance. Thank you again for making this on-line!

Question Anybody know ...

does the online subscription still provide for premium membership here on the Board?

Did we get an answer to that? Includes premium membership (allowing for picture posting, etc.) I agree the pageflipping is annoying.

Interested in an update... thanks!
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

Default online only?

Hi,

I called COTH about the online only subscription and they said it was suspended. Will it be reinstated? I was looking forward to transitioning to online only -- so much paper and while I love the magazine, I don't keep them and our barn already gets a donated subscription...
    http://behindthebitblog.com
    Dressage, riding, sport horse blog
    BTBbrowbands.com
    Unique browbands for dressage and hunter riders