The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Italian Team's Show Jumping Outfits

I really dug their outfits! Anyone have a link to photos of them?
    "Show me your horse and I will tell you who you are."
    "Pocket Aces" Vegas
    "Sergeant Pepper" Pepper

EDDIE WOULD GO

Ooh, those are lovely!
    Sarah K. Andrew | Twitter | Blog | Horses & Hope calendar | Flickr | Website

Wow thanks for the link Coreene!

Check out what Vittoria Panizzon was wearing at Badminton: http://flickr.com/photos/nico/247068...7604831741511/

The heels seem a bit much for a jog but I really like the overall look!
    "Pocket Aces" Vegas
    "Sergeant Pepper" Pepper

I thought that Vittoria, and Rock Model, were both stunning. I loved her outfit in dressage; I'm assuming that's the outfit you're talking about? (Pic won't load)

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    Wow thanks for the link Coreene!

Check out what Vittoria Panizzon was wearing at Badminton: http://flickr.com/photos/nico/247068...7604831741511/

The heels seem a bit much for a jog but I really like the overall look!
    Looks like a police uniform. Is she expected to chase down suspects in heels? Those Italians, always fashionable, even in the middle of a police chase.
    I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Quote Originally Posted by talkofthetown View Post
    I thought that Vittoria, and Rock Model, were both stunning. I loved her outfit in dressage; I'm assuming that's the outfit you're talking about? (Pic won't load)
    I was talking about her show jumping outfit, but the dressage coat is similar, but in shadbelly form. Didn't catch her dressage round, but in SJ their breeches, coats, saddle pads and fly veils were all colour coordinated. Very cool looking!
    "Pocket Aces" Vegas
    "Sergeant Pepper" Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Looks like a police uniform. Is she expected to chase down suspects in heels? Those Italians, always fashionable, even in the middle of a police chase.
    Ah, that is Italy! Yep the Carabinieri while often rather ineffective in their duties (save the really badassed GIS) they do rove about looking very snappy from their government issued Alfa Romeos to the full uniform. As my sister observed while living in Rome for several years - the mounted police always looked good while solving so little.

No matter where in Italy you go women do wear heels regardless of where they're going, what they will be walking over, or for how long. My wife and I have always been impressed by what they'll wear over cobblestone, on scooters, etc.

The US certainly could've used some real designers when it came to the opening. WTF - Ralph Lauren? Come on. Ralph (and his minions) couldn't come up with an original idea if they had to. Gawker - "Did Ralph Lauren Embarrass America?"

Quote Originally Posted by Glimmerglass View Post
    The US certainly could've used some real designers when it came to the opening. WTF - Ralph Lauren? Come on. Ralph (and his minions) couldn't come up with an original idea if they had to. Gawker - "Did Ralph Lauren Embarrass America?"
    Amen, brother. Those hats made them look like Disneyland employees.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Too true about the Italians - always looking good and in a hurry for doing nothing.

I was surprised that they did relatively well in eventing - having lived there for two years, I was seriously underwhelmed with their equestrian scene. The way they treat their horses is abominable - like their dogs, horses are little more than a fashion accessory. I wanted to bring my horse over but was appalled at the level of care even in the best barns, and ended up working instead for the ONE shelter for horses in Northern Italy. We got a lot of business, and some of the saddest animals I have ever seen were turned in by wealthy Italians who just simply stopped caring for riding.

But at least their outfits are fabulous, right?

Quote Originally Posted by GoGo View Post
    Too true about the Italians - always looking good and in a hurry for doing nothing.

I was surprised that they did relatively well in eventing - having lived there for two years, I was seriously underwhelmed with their equestrian scene.
    This isn't the same Go-Go of old is it? Married an Italian officer, moved to Italy ....

Close enough! (I actually married an American fighter pilot.) But yes, c'est moi - or, I suppose in this conversation, sto io!