The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default PLEASE, everyone - send Emails to NBC thanking them for the great coverage!!

Please everyone send an email to NBC thanking them for their great coverage - both on-line and on Oxygen...so nice to see Every Ride!

Is there a particular address we should use?

Hometown: San Antonio, TX ; Current Location: Amarillo, TX

I was going to ask the same question. I hunted around on the NBC site and found nothing as far as an email address goes.

FC- have you found one?
    RIP Kid Gloves (Holly) 1992 TBxHanv CCI*** mare.
    http://photobucket.com/tx3dayeventer/holly
    New mare: Miss Bunny Express (Missy) 1995 AQHA Jumper mare.
    http://photobucket.com/tx3dayeventer/missy

yes.
    go to the live feed page and in the bottom right hand corner there is a link. If you can't find it, post here and I'll look it up!

Lightbulb NBC email address

I found the following email address on the NBC home page under "Contact Us":

nbcolympicsfeedback@nbcuni.com

I would think this would be the best direct route to send thanks.

Edited to add: Of course, I sent mine too!
    Last edited by ezmissg; Aug. 13, 2008 at 08:45 AM.
    No hour of life is lost that is spent in the saddle.
    -- Winston Churchill

Done!
    It was a wonderful experience to be able to watch in real time.
    NBC has improved their equine coverage in many venues in the last few years.

Thank you note sent. It was so great to be able to watch all the coverage and share the experience with y'all, virtually.
    Volunteer Coordinator, Equiventures, LLC
    and the Sunshine State, Little Everglades,
    & Live Oak Combined Driving Events
    tincupeventing@gmail.com

Oh yes. I have 5 hours of broadcast coverage dumped to videotape. I am a very very happy camper.

I hope that they'll make DVDs that have everything from the live stream. That would be awesome.
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

My email has been sent.

Just simply wonderful coverage. It makes me want to go to London for the 2012 Games!! Maybe I will if I can get my fence replaced and my barn remodeled by then!

I sent a thank you email. The live stream is just fabulous. I'm not watching everything, but jumping in when I have a minute, and then watching the taped segments when I have a chance. Great stuff.

Thanks for listing the address. I sent my email .

Email sent, thanks for posting the link!
    ** I LOVE PUIKA & SHELLA FAN CLUB*** member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsFarm View Post
    Good job R&G!
    You may now add Horsesaver Extraordinaire to your resume

Default I must be watching the Mars feed...

Quote Originally Posted by Fence2Fence View Post
    Just simply wonderful coverage.
    Wonderful coverage? Were you all watching the same things I was watching? For the dressage on TV (I didn't see the online), they showed two of five US riders. The commentators (by the way, why was a show jumper commentating during dressage?!) raved about Gina's ride and it was never shown.

Online and on TV, for XC, they showed a total of about 10 seconds of Karen and Phillip, 15 of Gina, and just an iota more of Becky. How annoying that we saw so much of Amy and she didn't jump the entire course but barely anything of Gina, who had a great round?!

At least we were able to see all of the stadium rounds. I will agree that the SJ coverage was fine. But we saw more XC of Australia, Great Britain, Italy, and even POLAND than the US. Oh and of course all the Germans, too.

While I appreciate the availability of the equestrian coverage, I was very unhappy with the content of said coverage and wrote NBC a not-so-nice letter letting them know.
    Last edited by agromustang; Aug. 13, 2008 at 01:11 PM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by agromustang View Post
    Wonderful coverage? Were you all watching the same things I was watching? For the dressage on TV (I didn't see the online), they showed two of five US riders. The commentators (by the way, why was a show jumper commentating during dressage?!) raved about Gina's ride and it was never shown.

Online and on TV, for XC, they showed a total of about 10 seconds of Karen and Phillip, 15 of Gina, and just an iota more of Becky. How annoying that we saw so much of Amy and she didn't jump the entire course but barely anything of Gina, who had a great round?!

At least we were able to see all of the stadium rounds. I will agree that the SJ coverage was fine. But we saw more XC of Australia, Great Britain, Italy, and even POLAND than the US. Oh and of course all the Germans, too.

While I appreciate the availability of the equestrian coverage, I was very unhappy with the content of said coverage and wrote NBC a not-so-nice letter letting them know.

Way to turn lemonade into sour lemons.

This is by far the most equestrian coverage I've ever seen televised during the Olympics, and having the ability to see virtually every round live online is simply amazing. Sure, they didn't show the entire round of all the American eventers, but between you and me - the Americans didn't do so hot (with the exception of one bright shinng star). So NBC gave us a nice, well-rounded look at a wide variety of competitors. It might not have been the Amero-centric view you wanted, but it was miles beyond anything we've seen in the past. It's sad you can't be happy about that.

Watching online is very, very good. They can (and will) track how many have watched all the events online. The more that can watch online the better equestrian will score for air time in the future. They can track how many visits, how many repeat visits, average time that viewers watched, what browsers they watched from, general area they were watching from, etc.

Lots of positive emails definitely help in the count too.

Quote Originally Posted by agromustang View Post

I taped the broadcasts, so I know that even without commercials there was 2 1/2 hours of eventing dressage, plus another 2 1/2 hours of the xc and jumping for about 5 hours total. The only year that was even close to this one was the Triplecast in Barcelona, and that year due to a technical problem, they didn't broadcast any of the eventing dressage.

I think maybe you missed one of the broadcast segments, because the only American dressage test they missed (ironically) was Gina's. All of the other four were shown in their entirety. However, you can go to NBCOlympics.com and see it in their video section now.

We had live streaming that showed everything there was to be shown. I'm not sure who the producer was, but the person who decided what part of each xc run I suspect was working for the entire international feed, not just the Americans. Amy went early and was the most interesting competitor when she rode until she fell. Lucinda Fredericks got a lot of coverage as the leader. Mark Todd and Mary King got a lot of coverage because they were first and last.

I think there should be tape from each of their camera locations, but I don't know to what extent that is stored. It would be awesome if all the tape could be available by DVD, but that would be unprecedented.

Even the coverage we got is more than I've ever had buying a DVD of an event. It was fantabulous.
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

Sent! It was great coverage, particularly the online... just loved being able to watch it live like that.......

Quote Originally Posted by agromustang

Good grief, take a chill pill. It's freaking TV.

To answer your question, no we probably weren't watching the same thing. But given I have satellite internet and tv at home, maybe it was me with the feed from Mars! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ezmissg View Post
    I found the following email address on the NBC home page under "Contact Us":

nbcolympicsfeedback@nbcuni.com

I would think this would be the best direct route to send thanks.

Edited to add: Of course, I sent mine too!
    ok so I sent the email last week and just looked in my junk mail folder and noticed it got returned with the mail failure notice. Did this happen to anyone else?