The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 2 older TB geldings, preferable to same home, in So. Cal.

One 23 year old dark brown thoroughbred and one 17 year old grey/white thoroughbred free to good home. They were both very successful jumpers in their day, and are looking for their forever final home. They have great ground manners and are still rideable and sound. They have not been ridden consistently for about 1 1/2 years. Life has made it not possible to spend as much time with these lovable guys as they deserve. No major medical issues and again they are completely sound. They are free due to their lack of consistent work. A good home is a must!! If the perfect home is found, shipping can be arranged at owner's expense. But must meet people in person.
    Last edited by LvJmpng21; Oct. 22, 2008 at 12:18 AM. Reason: added location

You might want to post where they are....
    Y'all ain't right!

bump

Default Your Boys...

I sent you a PM
    (]~~[) Amy (]~~[)

* I hope I never get too old to ride, despite the injuries and pain, because I cannot imagine not doing the thing I most enjoy in my life.*

Default Are they placed yet?

We offer retirement homes to horses in need. We are located in NC. Horses are offered free choice pasture and hay, auto waterers..daily turn out and exercise. let me know if interested. Tammie in Nc

Sent you a PM
    "Finesse, compromise, and an indirect approach to a problem --"going in through the back door" -- will usually get the job done much better than confrontations, force, and fights." George Morris

bump . . . . plus would like to add that due to recent information, I would like to place them somewhere in CA.

Both these horses are schoolmasters, especially the younger one. Anyone looking to gain some confidence and easy time in the saddle can greatly benefit from these guys. Plus they are total lovers!!!

These two are still looking for the perfect home!!

MOhorseman31 Guest

Default looking in Missouri

I would take your guys in a heartbeat however I am in Missouri. I have been looking for some time for a companion horse/horses that are still sound enough for light riding and are geldings for my 2 and 6 yo daughters. Also for company to my 7 year old grade mare that gets lonely out in the pasture by herself sometimes you can contact me at mohorseman77@yahoo.com if we could possibly work something out

Exclamation Check Adopters Carefully

Not to go off topic,MOhorseman31,but,in my many years of experience,I wouldn't choose former Tb jumpers as first mounts for 2 and 6 year old girls!My kids started on ponies and moved up to full sized horses around age 10-somehow it seems safer-you know,the ground is a LOT closer when a little one tumbles off their steed.I also don't seem to think the 2 in foal broodmares are great mounts either,nor is the weanling colt.Or those are just to be companions??Maybe I got up on the wrong side of the bed today,but asking about 6 horses-soon to be 8,when foals are born,are a LOT of horses to take on,in a very short space of time.....JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by spurgirl View Post
    Not to go off topic,MOhorseman31,but,in my many years of experience,I wouldn't choose former Tb jumpers as first mounts for 2 and 6 year old girls!My kids started on ponies and moved up to full sized horses around age 10-somehow it seems safer-you know,the ground is a LOT closer when a little one tumbles off their steed.I also don't seem to think the 2 in foal broodmares are great mounts either,nor is the weanling colt.Or those are just to be companions??Maybe I got up on the wrong side of the bed today,but asking about 6 horses-soon to be 8,when foals are born,are a LOT of horses to take on,in a very short space of time.....JMHO
    I had the same red flag feeling- and I checked craigslist and equine site to see if perhaps there was some strange situation that MO has a shortage of cheap to free horses- and alas there seems to be a surplus. Perhaps MOhorseman31 is legitimately trying to help out horses in FL when he could get the same in MO- but I am skeptical when people join this forum and post on multiple ads for rehoming--something smells rotten about that...

Yes, and he doesn't seem consistant in what he's replying to. He inquired about the QH weanling too. Possible hoarder/dealer alert. And if he's a horse trainer and a farrier, he should have pretty substantial leads on horses in his own area that are in need. He says he needs a companion for his single horse but can't afford to spend too much, but is going to ship horses from FL, TX or CA? Hmmmm.....

Nice catch here by COTH giveaway readers

OP - have you had any luck yet in finding a good home for these two? I'm in southern CA, have a small non profit devoted to helping TBs find homes, and I don't know that it would help, but I could list your horses on my website as a courtesy and do some networking to try to help you place them. Like I say -I don't know that it will help; it's a very tough market out there and not getting any easier.

Default Still interested

Hi I replied awhile back about being able to take one of your guys. I'm still horseless and right now considering a lease on a horse but it would be nice to have my own. I am looking to do dressage with my new partner. I live in the central valley.

Still looking for a home for these too!! Any help placing them would be greatly appreciated. We can possibly send quite a bit of equipment with them too. Thanks