The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

... not to hijack this post and turn into "a foal is born" thread - but to finally complete it:
    my dream has become true - the wonder did happen.
    a black filly has been born tonight and i couldn't be any happier ... and grateful.

http://www.muensterland-pferde.de/NewsArchiveengl.htm (click on "Riva")

her official name will be "Rarität" which is the german word for "rarity" and i guess it serves her well - as there won't bearly be much more Rohdiamant's around in due cause given that succesfull pregnancies aren't too easy. otherwise, i would breed back to him in a heartbeat as i dearly desire this proven bloodline.

Thus, i have spend a lot of time in the past to search for an eligible son of him to breed to in the future and i think i have been succesful:
    Real Diamond by Rohdiamant x Weltmeyer x Hill Hawk has been in my neighbourhood and i know him since he appeared at the public scene intially age three couple of years ago.
    back than, i didn't spend much thoughts on rohdiamant or any of his sons since i didn't care - took me a big time very personal learning curve over years to finally learn to value this stallion and his heritage. www.muensterland-pferde.de/rohdiamantengl.htm (this link is all about my "Rohdiamant" learning curve...)
    real diamond is mentioned in that link, too, and here is his official webside:
    www.hengste-korte.de/diamond.html and no, i am not making any profit from marketing this stallion in any way but, yes, i have been one of the few eager breeders to urge his owner to finally have this stallion re-enter the breeding scene.
    as he did disappeare from the scene age four, lost his official approval and became somewhat forgotten.
    only with his first few foals turning three last year he regained highest recognition:
    3 state premium mares and 2 licensed sons from his frist year having bred only some twenty mares or so - a 25% quota of "premium" get - s.th. hard to find at any other stallion at all...
    having him regain his approval was just a formality given the obvious quality and success of his first kids age three.
    thus, i visited Real Diamond at his owner's place a couple of weeks ago to refresh my very personal opinion on him - he convinced me all over again just like he did back than...

so if all goes well fannie mae will be bred to real diamond this summer but no matter what comes:
    fannie's black pearl "rarität" will always be my very personal precious rarity and i only hope she will stay sound and develop well - this is the filly i have been dreaming of for so long to base my future breeding program on.

Huge congratulations Fannie Mae and a filly too for icing on the cake
    Good luck with your next breeding

Your filly is beautiful and the name is so right for her. I have a Rohdiamant mare that I treasure. Your filly's eye reminds me of my mare's eye — very much a Rohdiamant.

I really like the looks of Real Diamond. I hope that he might be available to us in the states through frozen semen.

Good luck with your little girl! She is a rare jewel!

Congratulations! How wonderful to get just what you wanted. She looks gorgeous. Have you got any more photos?

Big congratulations - a dream come true for sure! Very happy for you.

Congratulations!!! Wonderful news!!
    Kendra
    Runningwater Warmbloods & Mare Station

Home of SPS Diorella (Donnerhall/ Akut), EMC What Fun (Wolkentanz I/ Lauries Crusador), and EMC Raleska (Rascalino/ Warkant) 'Like' us on Facebook

Congrats!! What a beautiful girl!!

Wow, I love your Fannie Mae, she is just spectacular....and a BLACK FILLY. Awesome!
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

Oh, big congrats! I am just thrilled for you - I have always adored Rohdiamant. What a little treasure you have now.

Congrats- what a lovely foal!
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

What a wonderful story! What a wonderful filly! Peg
    Fleur de Lis Hanoverians

Quote Originally Posted by stolensilver View Post
    Congratulations! How wonderful to get just what you wanted. She looks gorgeous. Have you got any more photos?

just added a few new ones on her page:
    http://www.muensterland-pferde.de/Riva.htm

Wow fannie mae, she is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations.
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

You used six heat cycles to get a pregnancy?

You are a determined woman.

Congratulations, that filly is a beauty.

Sally

What a pretty girl! Congratulations on a safe and healthy baby landing.

I have a Rohdi mare, and her temperament is just tops. She is so calm and sweet. Not much bothers her.

Default 3yr old filly by Rohdiamant x Fidermark

can't help but share:
    http://www.hippologi.com/rivaengl.htm#October
    three years have gone by and my little "rarity" has matured into a real horse :-)
    today i had the camera with me and she seemed to be posing just for me - enjoy these pics!
    Last edited by fannie mae; Oct. 8, 2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: edited to correct hyperlink (engl. version)

Oh I am DROOLING. She's divine, you have my dream horse. Rohdiamant is my 'dream sire' but sadly, being in Australia that's never going to happen. She is stunning. Enjoy her!!

She truly is a "black pearl", isn't she? Quite lovely! Enjoy your treasure!

you are making me smile!
    and i am learning something new every day:
    drooling.
    needed to look it up and love it (my new favourite term :-)