The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default All Euro approved stallions in the US that were approved in Europe:

Can we make a list of the boys that were imported here that are approved?

I'm just wanting to find Warmblood stallions (any reg) that were bred/raised and went through their stallion testings/approved in Europe that were imported to the US at some point.
    Last edited by Horsecrazy27; Aug. 7, 2008 at 10:36 AM.
    *Better to have loved than to have never loved at all.*
    ALWAYS Blessings NEVER losses.

ES Bohneur

Campesino was not only approved in Europe, he was 100-day tested and licensed to breed by the Holsteiner Verband before being imported to the US.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/campesino
    http://ShowjumpersUSA.com
    CAMPESINO (1990 - 2008)
    Capitol I - Sacramento Song xx
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/annalisasmith

Escudo
    Pablo
    Landfriese II
    DaCaprio
    Ariadus
    Don Alfredo
    DeLaurentis (?)
    Navarone
    Shine
    Sir Caletto
    Quinar
    Camiros
    Linaro
    Paparazzo
    Sinatra Song
    Davignport
    Donatelli
    Cabalito
    Idocus (though he falls under some other catagory as he went back to Europe for testing)
    Corlando
    Farrington
    Schroeder
    Silver Lining

I'm sure I can add to this list, but these are all stallions that I like or are part of a great breeding program.

Which breed? And only the living?

Otschag - in Russia

1. Widmark
    2. Fabuleux
    3. Nocturno
    4. Liberty Gold
    5. DeLuxe
    6. Linaro
    Peg
    Last edited by Peg; Aug. 7, 2008 at 12:10 AM.

Apiro was also the Reserve Champion of his 30-day test in Germany and qualified for and competed in the 5 year old Bundeschampionat (thus receiving his sports predicats) before coming to the U.S.

The 2006 Holsteiner Verband Grand Champion stallion, Cubito by Contender, is in the US at

http://gkperformancehorses.com/stallions.shtml
    http://ShowjumpersUSA.com
    CAMPESINO (1990 - 2008)
    Capitol I - Sacramento Song xx
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/annalisasmith

UB40
    Sir Sinclair
    Riverman ISF
    Consul
    Facet
    Fairplay
    Farrington
    Heirarch
    Juventus
    Navarone
    Neostan
    Rousseau
    Sir Caletto
    Davidoff Hit
    Locksley II
    Lingh
    Royal Prince
    Bugatti
    Bergamon
    Sinatra Song
    Soprano Song (Blue Hors Soprano)
    DeLaurentis
    Redwine
    Freestyle (Canada)
    San Rubin
    Dacaprio
    Fabuleaux
    Pablo
    LandfrieseII
    EscudoII
    Landkoenig
    Waterford
    Donatelli (now in Canada)
    Cassidy DVH
    Hofnar
    Schroeder
    Bonheur
    Coromino
    Rhythm and Blues
    Regazzoni
    VDL Laroche
    Mondriaan
    these stallions come to my mind
    Love to see the complete list if you can contribute some more names anyone

Here are my boys:
    Wonderful
    Rubino Bellissimo
    Montserrat
    Welt Klasse (deceased)

All approved by German Hanoverian Verband. Montserrat also was approved by German Oldenburg Verband while he was in Germany. Wonderful and Rubino were approved GOV after importation to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsecrazy27 View Post
    Can we make a list of the boys that were imported here that are approved?

The title of your thread says "All Euro approved stallions in the US that were approved in Europe".

So do you want just stallions that were approved in Europe BEFORE being imported? Or also stallions that were approved here AFTER being approved? Because Oldenburg (GOV) stallions that were approved HERE are also considered approved in Germany. And some of those were either imported in utero, or as foals.

Don Principe

Maryanna Haymon
    www.marydellfarm.com
    www.sporthorsestallionexpo.com
    2007 USEF Breeder of the Year!

Ruffian!
    (who I hope will be available again for the 2009 season - it's looking promising)
    I'm sure there are a lot more.
    Alison

Quote Originally Posted by ShowjumpersUSA View Post
    The 2006 Holsteiner Verband Grand Champion stallion, Cubito by Contender, is in the US at

http://gkperformancehorses.com/stallions.shtml
    But is he considered fully "Approved" given that he only completed a 30 Day Testing, instead of the full 100 days?

I'm asking because a GOV representative recently told me that they still will not take Cunningham offspring because Cunningham (our National Grand Champion conformation hunter) never completed a 100 DT or met performance requirements in dressage or showjumping because he "only" competes as a hunter. Cunningham went through Verband "Approvals" (at which he free jumped 5'2") before importation just as Cubito did. Does the 30 day test make a difference?

All these different "Approvals" confuse the devil out of me, and I am personally very glad I paid very little attention to them when I chose a stallion for my mare.

Nonetheless, the list of stallions here who were 100D tested and approved in Europe prior to importation is extremely long-- certainly much, much longer than that of the stallions approved here. It includes all of Judy Arnold's stallions (Rolling Stone, Wild Card, etc.). Welcome, Donnerschlag (and Sohn), all (or very close to it) of Iron Spring's, Edgar's, etc., etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    But is he considered fully "Approved" given that he only completed a 30 Day Testing, instead of the full 100 days?

I'm asking because a GOV representative recently told me that they still will not take Cunningham offspring because Cunningham (our National Grand Champion conformation hunter) never completed a 100 DT or met performance requirements in dressage or showjumping because he "only" competes as a hunter. Cunningham went through Verband "Approvals" (at which he free jumped 5'2") before importation just as Cubito did. Does the 30 day test make a difference?

All these different "Approvals" confuse the devil out of me, and I am personally very glad I paid very little attention to them when I chose a stallion for my mare.

Nonetheless, the list of stallions here who were 100D tested and approved in Europe prior to importation is extremely long-- certainly much, much longer than that of the stallions approved here. It includes all of Judy Arnold's stallions (Rolling Stone, Wild Card, etc.). Welcome, Donnerschlag (and Sohn), all (or very close to it) of Iron Spring's, Edgar's, etc., etc.
    Fish- no he's not fully approved. He has to do the 70 day test as well.

Add Riverman to the list of fully approved stallions.
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."

Virginia Tech's French Anglo-Arabian Baladin d'Oc was approved for the Hanoverian Verband via 100 day test at Adelheidsdorf in 1993. Thanks to the recent reciprocity vote he is now approved 15 years later for AHS as well.
    Equine Science at Virginia Tech
    Virginia Tech MARE Center
    www.arec.vaes.vt.edu/middleburg

Ah, yes, the reciprocity issue-- it's my understanding that it can get pretty complicated: people have imported stallions fully approved in Europe only to have them rejected by their corresponding frachises (for lack of a better word) here-- and this varies year by year depending upon the various votes on reciprocity-- so, for example, stallions fully Approved by Holstein in Germany were at one time being rejected by AHHS, and had to be presented to ISR/OldNA (for example) for their American born foals to be registerable.

At this time, it's my understanding that all those stallions (e.g. Popeye K, Sir Caletto, Cunningham...) presently approved in the USA on the basis of hunter performance are still not recognized as Approved in Europe-- i.e., certain stallions in the AHHA books and KWPN-NA do not have reciprocity with their European counterparts.

(Are people still wondering why hunter people are not, as a rule, terribly respectful of registry rules or flocking to keurings with their horses??)

Kind of wonder, BTW, does anyone know of any stallions approved on the basis of eventing or driving performance and/or what the requirements are? I know of quite a few stallions approved on the basis of dressage and show jumping performance (and hunter championships in some registries), but have heard nothing about the eventing or driving routes even though these are both FEI disciplines.

Default Euro testing

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    The title of your thread says "All Euro approved stallions in the US that were approved in Europe".

So do you want just stallions that were approved in Europe BEFORE being imported? Or also stallions that were approved here AFTER being approved? Because Oldenburg (GOV) stallions that were approved HERE are also considered approved in Germany. And some of those were either imported in utero, or as foals.
    I'm just wanting to find Warmblood stallions (any reg) that were bred/raised and went through their stallion testings/approved in Europe that were imported to the US at some point.
    *Better to have loved than to have never loved at all.*
    ALWAYS Blessings NEVER losses.

There are at least 70 imported stallions on the Oldenburg (GOV) stallion roster that were approved in Europe. Do you want me to list them? It will make for a VERY long post.