The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Webcast - QH Youth World Fence classes -winning video clips post #1

****Update****
    The winner video clips can be seen here: http://www.aqha.com/youth/activities...n08/index.html

Finals start this afternoon, in a couple hours appx., with WP, HUS, Flat EQ., then Eq. Over, Hunters, and Jumpers. You can click on 'Results - finals qualifiers", to see who is in the finals.

This link is the schedule page - click on 'Live Webcast' on the red band at the top. It will ask for your email, but you will not get spam, just occasionally a horse sale webcast notification, and you can opt out of that.

http://www.aqha.com/youth/activities...e_working.html

This show is supposed to be fun. Besides the show classes, there are dance parties (show has as many boys as girls), a talent contest, a speech contest, and a stall decorating contest by state.
    Last edited by Plumcreek; Aug. 10, 2008 at 04:29 PM. Reason: update

One of my friends is there, so the webcast will be nice to watch her rounds!
    Proudly Owned By Sierra, 2003 APHA Mare
    In Loving Memory of Tally, April 15, 1983 - June 2, 2010

Has the webcast started for today yet? When I click play, nothing happens except the countdown.

Sophia's mom

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Note to self - 50 pounds of fake tail NOT braided in is REALLY distracting for a hunter person to watch. 50lbs braided in is still distracting in its own way but not nearly so mesmerizing...
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

For a minute I was thinking one of the horses tails was going to knock a rail down on its own.

I like seeing the QH jumpers at that level vs. the pleasure horses.
    To be loved by a horse, or by any animal, should fill us with awe-
    for we have not deserved it.
    Marion Garretty

147 in the Eq over Fences
    108 in the Working Hunter
    30 in the jumpers.

Eq class was a nice course with lots of bending lines and a trot fence at the end. Got tired of watching it so I left the show. Might run back over later to catch the jumpers.

I keep wanting to yell SIT UP to some of the riders. Perchin ain't going to help your out on finding a good distance coming out of the bending line.

However the efficiency of getting riders in and out of the ring should be noted and applauded. Gosh if only that ever happened at the rated h/j shows...

Quote Originally Posted by Pony+ an inch View Post

However the efficiency of getting riders in and out of the ring should be noted and applauded. Gosh if only that ever happened at the rated h/j shows...
    Big difference with only ONE ring going at a time. Also if you are not ready to go they will just move on and you are out of luck.
    Visit my website @ http://hihorsefarm.tripod.com (PONIES!)
    and
    http://heidalaycavaliers.tripod.com (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel0309 View Post
    Big difference with only ONE ring going at a time. Also if you are not ready to go they will just move on and you are out of luck.
    ah. yes well then that will do it.

However, the whole snooze you lose policy? I wouldn't mind that being a more active policy at h/j shows...

I'm confused as to what happened to the rider who just fell off. I looked to me like the horse spooked after she hit the ground. Something just didn't look right to me. Almost looked like she passed out before she hit the ground, but that could just be the way the video looks, mine is kind of choppy in places. Did anyone else think it looked weird?

Sophia's mom

Do the qh folks not count the jump itself as much as h/j folks?

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

the class this AM was an eq class, so for sure not in that one!
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

I'm impressed with the turnout of the horses, and the lack of headsets. I do think many of them(the horses) look unhappy and overschooled particularly in the corners. But we see the same things in the hunter world as well.
    Can you stress-fracture your brain?

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    Do the qh folks not count the jump itself as much as h/j folks?
    Correct. Of the 5 judges, one or two may be 'Specialty Over Fences' judges. The others are all around QH judges, and they tend to reward the whole trip that is smooth and flowing with sometimes sort of flat jumping efforts. Consistency and obedience are more important to them then the round jumping effort. Think of it as more 'pleasure over fences'. Hopefully more dual USEF/AQHA carded judges in the future (there are only 13 now out of the 26 specialty judges) will improve this.

Anyone watch number 1492 Katie Valentine on That Louisiana Magic go or number 1179 Bret A Pilney on My Moody Blues? I have missed all their rides! They are friends of mine and I am starting with their trainer once they get back from OK.
    -Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by DMK View Post
    Note to self - 50 pounds of fake tail NOT braided in is REALLY distracting for a hunter person to watch. 50lbs braided in is still distracting in its own way but not nearly so mesmerizing...
    I could not agree more.

I just can not believe those tails do not knock rails down.

Wow!

A little trivia: Plumcreek, number 414, She's Got The Blue, was in our barn last year, and was Pre Green champ one week at one of the Colorado shows. She was sold to a young lady from California who shows her very successfully in the small juniors. She's made the finals of the eq over at the AQHYA show, and in a few minutes we'll find out if she returns for the working hunter finals--she seemed to have a pretty nice trip, but I can't hear rubs on the webcast, and we know that can be a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    A little trivia: Plumcreek, number 414, She's Got The Blue, was in our barn last year, and was Pre Green champ one week at one of the Colorado shows. She was sold to a young lady from California who shows her very successfully in the small juniors. She's made the finals of the eq over at the AQHYA show, and in a few minutes we'll find out if she returns for the working hunter finals--she seemed to have a pretty nice trip, but I can't hear rubs on the webcast, and we know that can be a big deal
    I thought that name sounded familiar. I have only watched sporadically, but the overall quality of horses/riders seems much improved. Sparky, seems Tommy McIntyre is still in due dilligence phase on High Prairie.