The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

stackc Guest

Default Well-trained TB gelding FREE/ loc. in NC

He found a new home- thanks everyone!!!

16.2 hand bay TB gelding, age uncertain (in his 20s), still loves to work. Knows voice commands for W/T/C, possible lesson or therapy horse. Well-mannered but not a deadhead. Loads, clips, ties. I was told he has shown. I picked him up because I felt sorry for him, he has gained over 200 lbs. since I got him in March. He is up to date on shots, Coggins and deworming. He has some arthritis in his knees, but generally does well with a senior flex supplement (comes with free 2 month supply). My husband started a new job and is working insane hours-- I am focused on taking care of our sons and don’t have time to ride. Located near Wilimington, NC

To view a picture go to my website: www.horsewomeninfoal.com

If interested please CALL Claudia at (910) 264-4469
    Last edited by stackc; Aug. 4, 2008 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Found new home- thanks!

Oh my - 'some arthritis'?? and look at that 'hunter's bump'. hope someone will give him a great home , lots of pasture to roam and not much work! I think he looks like he has earned that retirement.

stackc Guest

I know what you mean, his knees look terrible, BUT he moves evenly, and believe or not this guy really really perks up when you tack him. He really seems to enjoy rides around my farm, but I haven't had much time to spend with him lately. I have spent a lot of time and money getting him healthy since he was given to me in March. Not only was he terribly underweight, but he had rain rot all over his back, and his feet were in bad shape. We have worked through all of that. Judging by the nice replies I'm getting here, I'm very hopeful I can pass him on to someone who will appreciate him.

Awwe what a sweetie pie face!
    I bet he'd make some 7 year old up down girl very happy. Good luck in finding him a home, there's got to be a girl just waiting for him.
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

Bump!
    www.ctannerjensen.com
    http://ctannerjensen.blogspot.com/
    Equine Art capturing the essence of the grace,strength, and beauty of the Sport Horse."

Default hmm some people on here sound vicious!

Most horses this age love to be taken for a short ride...no one is saying get on him and run an endurance trail with him or are they saying take him over 4 ft jumps...just that hes still able to take a short stroll to make himself feel loved and usefull..or for cryin out loud young again.